Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Experiments In The Revival Of Organisms
Experiments In The Revival Of Organisms
2006-07-15, 7:55 PM #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap1co5ZZHYE&search=experiment%20in%20the%20revival%20of%20organisms

This is a video showing how, say, a head can more or less function even whilst severed from the body, and shows a dog having all blood pumped out of it and left dead for 10 minutes, and then artificially revived, seeming absolutely unaffected by the procedure in a few months' time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiments_in_the_Revival_of_Organisms

Oh, this is an old black and white flick, so don't worry about flipping out if you're afraid of blood or somesuch. Just thought I'd notice.
幻術
2006-07-15, 7:56 PM #2
Is it wrong that I read that as orgasm?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-15, 8:00 PM #3
Wasn't this proven to be fake a long time ago?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-15, 8:04 PM #4
I don't know. It certainly looks surreal. Not to mention that the dog should be brain-dead.
幻術
2006-07-15, 9:15 PM #5
I vaguely remember posting a thread like this awhile ago.
2006-07-15, 10:31 PM #6
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I did too.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-15, 10:49 PM #7

Is it wrong that I clicked it thinking it was orgasm?
2006-07-16, 10:08 AM #8

Is there anyone who didn't?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's fake. If experiments that old were real, chances are someone would have continued the research and made morer significant progress in 66 years
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-07-16, 11:44 AM #9
It's pretty obvious it's fake. For one thing, lungs don't expand and contract on their own. The diaphram does that; the lung isn't a muscle.

For another thing, none of these organs function at all without signals from a brain. I didn't see any electrodes or anything attached to any of them.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-16, 2:35 PM #10
I've seen the heart one done with guinea pig hearts before, so it's certainly possible. And the lungs were being pumped, the idea was that they were able to continue to oxygenate the blood as long as blood and air was pumped in and out.

The heads seemed the most dubious to me, and the dogs being revived without major brain damage.
2006-07-16, 2:38 PM #11

As did I
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-07-17, 10:20 AM #12

[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Wasn't this proven to be fake a long time ago?[/QUOTE]

lolzords
gbk is 50 probably