Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MotS Help....
MotS Help....
2006-07-16, 9:20 AM #1
I'm sure I bought the wrong game, it's just that I was so happy that I found it for about $8 on EBay. I went and ordered the "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith Special Limited Edition" and when I got it, installed and played it, to my dissappointment it only had three missions! I thought, "Oops, I forgot to installl DF2." So i uninstalled MotS and installed DF2 THEN MotS. No luck. Still three missions. I looked on EBay at another Limited Edition that came up the day after I received mine, and the description said that without DF2 you could only play three missions, but with DF2 installed you could play all of them. I contacted LucasArts, but of course "Live support is no longer offered for this game"!!! :mad: Any help would be appreciated, I need to know if I bought the wrong thing or if I'm just overlooking something. Thanks. Oh, and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. :D
2006-07-16, 9:30 AM #2
Maybe you just bought the demo version. I remember I got a MotS cd in a pack along with tie fighter, x-wing, Df, and Jk. The cd only had the first three levels in that too. Or maybe they were just three from the middle of the game. I donno, it started with the rebel base under attack.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-16, 9:43 AM #3
when MotS first started did it ask you to put JK CD2 in?

I happen to have MotS installed. The install folder is 198mb. Check the size against yours.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-07-16, 9:54 AM #4
No....it's 43.3mb and it's called Ambush.....as in, Ambush at Altyr 5. Alright, well I guess I bought the demo. Thanks for all the help. :)
2006-07-16, 11:16 AM #5
I guess I lucked out. I bought MotS just about a year ago FROM the Lucasarts Website..

What you got is the demo disc that came in the deluxe edition of Jedi Knight when it hit the shelves. I have that disc too. :p
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-07-16, 11:24 AM #6
Demo Version.
2006-07-16, 11:32 AM #7
I lucked out and bought MotS....well, 5 years ago now. Anyhow, I remember MotS asks for the DF2 disc before you can do anything in the game at all. So, yeah, it's most likely a demo disc.
2006-07-16, 4:37 PM #8
mots came with my JK
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-07-16, 4:39 PM #9
To admiral Talon: Does it have multiplayer?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-16, 4:57 PM #10
I bought a "Special Limited Edition" of Deus Ex once for $10 dollars.

When they say Limited, they mean it's limited to just the New York missions.

:(
2006-07-16, 5:24 PM #11
Ha, I only paid $5 for that.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-16, 5:33 PM #12
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
To admiral Talon: Does it have multiplayer?

Why ask? I thought it had been established that it's a demo.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-16, 5:58 PM #13
JK demo has MP capabilites
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-07-16, 6:08 PM #14
Heh, you got scammed big time (if that wasn't obvious). Next time, check around on the net to see if those "special editions" even exist. Ebay is the devil I tell ya!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-16, 6:25 PM #15
it *is* called the Limited Special Edition or something of that sort, so it wasn't a lie. It's just not the full game.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-07-16, 6:42 PM #16
Ah... I remember when I got JK and MotS... sometime in 98... Bought them off a friend who didn't want them along with Rebel Assault 2 for 15 bucks. That deal was awesome.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-07-16, 6:59 PM #17
Originally posted by Yecti:
it *is* called the Limited Special Edition or something of that sort, so it wasn't a lie. It's just not the full game.

Ok, good point. My point about doing some research first before buying something still stands though.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-16, 11:57 PM #18
Did the guy who you bought it from on E-bay claim that it was the full version? If so, you got cheated and should file a complaint with E-bay. IMO, this guy's feedback rating deserves to burn, but they might just pull his seller account instead.
2006-07-17, 12:05 AM #19
The Limited Edition Deus Ex I bought had nothing on the case at all saying it wasn't the full game. It was sad. :(
2006-07-17, 12:57 AM #20
Hey, it said that it was limited. ;)
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-17, 9:23 AM #21
Originally posted by Yecti:

[QUOTE=Admiral Talon]the description said that without DF2 you could only play three missions[/quote]

Well that part is a lie.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

↑ Up to the top!