Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I ran today :D
I ran today :D
2006-07-17, 3:10 PM #1
I ran today :D It was really hot out and I sweat off 2 pounds. Why'd I do it? Exercise makes you healthier, you eat less, you lose weight (or gain muscle :cool: ), it gives you a longer life with reduced health risks, AND ---> increases your sex drive and sexual pleasure.

But those aren't the reasons why I did it (besides the sex thing). Exercise also strengthens the connections between your brain and your body, affecting things like hand eye coordination, which means BETTER GAMING. Working out actually makes you a better gamer by decreasing your reaction time and allowing your mind to think clearer. It's SWEET.

I expect anyone here who calls themself a true gamer to go out and start running right now, or start doing push ups, or jump up and down a lot. The cure to youth obesity is to get kids hooked on games (done), and then tell them that they can increase their Halo 2 level, or their Guild ranking, or their KDR, or Whatever by running at least . . . 5, no 7 miles a day. They'll do it! and they'll enjoy it too.

In three months I want pictures of your washboard abs next to your high scores, your bulging biceps next to your Cal ranking. Get to it! :ninja:
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
2006-07-17, 3:12 PM #2
I'd go running, but the temperature is 97F with 75% humidity. I'll stick to lifting for now.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-17, 3:12 PM #3
I'm not exactly the "moving" type.

-Thanks for the story, though.
2006-07-17, 3:13 PM #4
Intense Exercise is the number one killer of epic storyline fact retention in the brain, as well as a decrease in both time for studying, and attention to studying due to extrenuous physical fatigue.

Seriously: I actually found time to get to the gym and run a mile today, I'm going to try to get into the habit daily if i can
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-07-17, 3:27 PM #5
I work out for an hour five days a week.
2006-07-17, 3:35 PM #6
I skateboard. Lots. Every day, almost all day. Does that count? I'm a fairly fit person, btw.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2006-07-17, 3:43 PM #7
Increasing my sex drive is the last thing I want right now.
幻術
2006-07-17, 3:48 PM #8
I've spent my time practicing golf swing. I'm sloooowly straightening out ball flights.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-17, 3:54 PM #9
Originally posted by Final_Hope__:
I skateboard. Lots. Every day, almost all day. Does that count? I'm a fairly fit person, btw.

EDIT: Well not really all day, more like 3-4 hours.
2006-07-17, 3:57 PM #10
I'm pretty active myself. Used to lift weights on a regular basis (3 to 5 times a week for about 2 hours at a time) but haven't done that in a while. I still bust out 20 to 100 pushups a day (usually 10 or 20 at a time 4 or 5 times a day), and I play tennis 3 to 5 times a week which keeps me active. :)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-17, 4:22 PM #11
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
I'm sloooowly straightening out ball flights.

:o
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2006-07-17, 4:33 PM #12
Originally posted by thauruin:
It was really hot out and I sweat off 2 pounds.

You realize sweating doesn't make you lose fat, right?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-17, 4:43 PM #13
I sweat off ten pounds when i run.

But i realize that is not fat.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-07-17, 4:49 PM #14
I'm so d*** fat, I'm affecting the tides.

I need to exercise, but until my 10 week old son can sleep through the night, the only thing I desire is SLEEP...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-17, 5:10 PM #15
I'm going to continue lifting until the end of August, then I'll start running in September. Taking in the calories for both is just too difficult right now.
2006-07-17, 5:14 PM #16
Thankfully I'm pretty low weight (about 112 lbs) so I don't need to run to lose weight. However, I really do need to exercise because not only do I have no fat but no muscle either. Plus, my legs are kinda weak so I need to build strength in them again.

As for running? Like I said, my legs are weak so I can't really move that fast. Besides, it's been HOTTER THAN LIVING HELL this past weekend. It was aobut 106 degrees on Saturday!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-17, 5:15 PM #17
Originally posted by Emon:
You realize sweating doesn't make you lose fat, right?

And running doesn't build muscle either.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-17, 5:28 PM #18
You can build muscle by running, but it isn't the ideal way to do so. Running can tear muscle fibers which will cause you to build muscle.
2006-07-17, 5:35 PM #19
I know sweating doesn't make you lose weight. It was just that it was 90 out and I was soaking wet when I got back. And I know running doesn't build muscle, it makes you leaner.
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
2006-07-18, 11:31 PM #20
I play tennis outside. But was 95 degrees for the past 2 days.

And I need to buy some shades. :gbk:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!