Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does this piss anyone else off?
Does this piss anyone else off?
2006-07-18, 1:27 AM #1
so it's late night/early morning here (I got off work at 1:30 am) and I'm still not tired enough to sleep. So I do some internet browsing and some other things on my computer since there's nothing on cable. I just turn the TV to one of the stations that play music videos at night and this song comes on.

I don't normally listen to them closely, I just have it there for background noise, but I listened this time to Unfaithful by (i think) Rihanna (or however it's spelled)

if you havn't heard it, it's basically about a woman who says she doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend by leaving him, but she's cheating on him with some other guy. In the song she says that he knows she's cheating, and that she doesn't want to be the reason that he's hurting and then a bunch of other verbal images of what she's doing to him, such as how it's like putting a gun against his head every time she lies to him, etc.

Now is it just me, or is this the biggest load of bull**** you've ever heard?
Cheating on her boyfriend, not wanting to hurt him, he knows she's cheating, she knows that he knows, yet she still lies to him...

Yes... I'm bored right now... :(
2006-07-18, 5:20 AM #2
she just loves cock
2006-07-18, 5:29 AM #3
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]she just loves cock[/QUOTE]
Yes. Yes yes. I do that all the time too.

-GC :o
2006-07-18, 8:02 AM #4
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
so it's late night/early morning here (I got off work at 1:30 am) and I'm still not tired enough to sleep. So I do some internet browsing and some other things on my computer since there's nothing on cable. I just turn the TV to one of the stations that play music videos at night and this song comes on.

I don't normally listen to them closely, I just have it there for background noise, but I listened this time to Unfaithful by (i think) Rihanna (or however it's spelled)

if you havn't heard it, it's basically about a woman who says she doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend by leaving him, but she's cheating on him with some other guy. In the song she says that he knows she's cheating, and that she doesn't want to be the reason that he's hurting and then a bunch of other verbal images of what she's doing to him, such as how it's like putting a gun against his head every time she lies to him, etc.

Now is it just me, or is this the biggest load of bull**** you've ever heard?
Cheating on her boyfriend, not wanting to hurt him, he knows she's cheating, she knows that he knows, yet she still lies to him...

Yes... I'm bored right now... :(

Grow up.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-18, 8:04 AM #5
My mate spent a day complaining about the same bloody thing from the song when we went hiking a couple weeks back, because his girlfriend stuck it on his mp3 player and he couldn't get it off for some reason.
nope.
2006-07-18, 8:22 AM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
My mate spent a day complaining about the same bloody thing from the song when we went hiking a couple weeks back, because his girlfriend stuck it on his mp3 player and he couldn't get it off for some reason.

maybe she was trying to tell him something :o
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-18, 8:38 AM #7
The song probably is crap but... songs don't have to be logical, they are usually about feeling. From what you've described, the songwriter knows she's being the bad person but she's still talking about how she feels.

Seriously, have you never been in a position where you're in the wrong but you are afraid of doing the right thing? It's exactly the same thing. It's not promoting doing the wrong thing, it's describing what it feels like to be in that place.

It's nowhere near as shallow and disgusting as "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me".
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-18, 9:25 AM #8
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Grow up.

Define: Irony.

Seriously, I have just as much a right to post useless drivel as anyone else here. so if you don't have anything useful to post about the subject matter, no matter how pointless it may be, just don't post anything.
2006-07-18, 9:25 AM #9
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]she just loves cock[/QUOTE]

I think you nailed it.

lol
2006-07-18, 9:51 AM #10
We can say cock? haha, did the rating of massassi go up since the kids here grew up?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2006-07-18, 9:52 AM #11
Stuff like that happens in real life. People do stupid stuff all the time.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-18, 10:11 AM #12
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
We can say cock? haha, did the rating of massassi go up since the kids here grew up?

We've still got some 13 year olds and an annoying 15 year old.
nope.
2006-07-18, 10:17 AM #13
Well, we all know women love them some roosters.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-18, 10:28 AM #14
I recently found out that my girlfriend has been cheating on me since the beginning of this year. Her justification was that while she knew it was wrong, we weren't married, and that she was confused and was hoping that things would have worked out if I never found out.

Women are evil. Thank the spirits for Trillian chat logs and key loggers.
2006-07-18, 10:54 AM #15
Did you dump her cheating ***?
2006-07-18, 10:58 AM #16
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
Define: Irony.

Seriously, I have just as much a right to post useless drivel as anyone else here. so if you don't have anything useful to post about the subject matter, no matter how pointless it may be, just don't post anything.

You must be confused. I don't challenge your right to post, I just wish you'd step back and look at what your posting. The situation that you described happens every day, and I've been involved, and around enough of them to know its just part of life.

In other words, big deal.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-18, 11:11 AM #17
You must be confused. I don't challenge your right to post, I just wish you'd step back and look at what your posting. The situation that you described happens every day, and I've been involved, and around enough of them to know its just part of life.

The same thing can be said for just about everything you post. gg :v:
2006-07-18, 11:11 AM #18
Originally posted by Detty:
The song probably is crap but... songs don't have to be logical, they are usually about feeling. From what you've described, the songwriter knows she's being the bad person but she's still talking about how she feels.

Seriously, have you never been in a position where you're in the wrong but you are afraid of doing the right thing? It's exactly the same thing. It's not promoting doing the wrong thing, it's describing what it feels like to be in that place.

It's nowhere near as shallow and disgusting as "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me".

I havn't heard it, but I bet it's a song she just wrote from the heart, so to speak.

Even though it'll probably not be my particular type of music, it's a song. Some girls do feel that way. Usually we think of them as evil, manipulative, and in most cases, they are. But others just don't know what to do emotionally.

And your "grow up" thing has nothing to do with what he is posting. He does not have to mature to be able to handle the question he's asking. He's already there.

Why not question things that happen every day? This is a big deal to some. Don't think that because your opinion on it is "big deal" others do.
2006-07-18, 11:18 AM #19
I hate that song. Her voice... ugh.
2006-07-18, 11:21 AM #20
Grow up.

Oh my god you're an idiot.

And yeah, that's some bull**** Storm.
D E A T H
2006-07-18, 11:48 AM #21
This is the perfect solution to all cheating problems.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-18, 12:13 PM #22
Awesome.

↑ Up to the top!