Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I bought a Gameboy Advance SP
I bought a Gameboy Advance SP
2006-07-20, 10:40 PM #1
I need game recomendations. I loved Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2, so I like RPGs. I like the tough side shooters like Metroid and Megaman X. I've played Advanced Wars and enjoyed it, should I buy the second one? FFTactics? SoM?
Help me Massassikenobi, you're my only hope.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-07-20, 11:01 PM #2
Shoulda bought a DS :P
2006-07-20, 11:03 PM #3
Originally posted by tofu:
cuefftee
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-20, 11:05 PM #4
Unfortunately, he's right. Unless you're going to be getting lots of multiplayer action going, there's no reason to have not gotten a DS. In any case, here's what I have for my GBA games:

Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
MarioKart Super Circuit
Tetris Worlds
F-Zero GP Legends
Zelda: Minish Cap

I'd still like to get WarioWare at some point.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-20, 11:47 PM #5
My recommendations:

Megaman Zero series
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-21, 12:47 AM #6
DS.
2006-07-21, 7:26 AM #7
At least the Super Mario Brothers 3: Yoshi's Island (The best platformer IMO. The graphics, sound, physics and gameplay is just pure sex)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-21, 12:00 PM #8
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Megaman Zero series
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion

I beat those. Minus Megaman Zero 1. ;)

Originally posted by tofu:

I would like to, but I don't have the cash. I came across this SP for $30. I figure I could sell it to Gamestop for $20-25 in a year or so after I cumilate some more revenue. :)

Also, what are some good RPGs? I love GBA RPGs. Is Final Fantasy 6 worth getting?
2006-07-21, 12:04 PM #9
I recommend Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It's an enjoyable game, although it lacks the space battles featured on the DS version.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-07-21, 12:07 PM #10
[QUOTE=Wes Darklighter]I recommend Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It's an enjoyable game, although it lacks the space battles featured on the DS version.[/QUOTE]
[off topic]Dude, you are one post from 1337. Dont waste it![/off topic]
2006-07-21, 12:14 PM #11
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
I need game recomendations. I loved Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2, so I like RPGs. I like the tough side shooters like Metroid and Megaman X. I've played Advanced Wars and enjoyed it, should I buy the second one? FFTactics? SoM?

Any and all of the FF games will keep you happy. Sure, 1+2 may be a little simple (obviously), but they're still enjoyable in their own right. You should check out both Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission if you like those. I believe Advance Wars 2 is basically more of the same, so should be a good purchase. The Fire Emblem games are also quite similar. By SoM...you mean Sword of Mana? If so, and you buy it, be prepared to stick with it. The opening is not the most gripping. Also, I got a few hours in and stopped playing for a few days while I did other stuff. When I came back to it, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing :P If you keep at it, it's fun.
2006-07-21, 12:29 PM #12
If you liked Advance Wars 1, then 2 is just an upgrade of all the awesome contained.

Also, Wonderboy, Rebelstar Tactical Command, Castlevanias, Gunstar, Pokemon (Great rpgs), and alot more I don't have time to list.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2006-07-21, 1:19 PM #13
Serious Sam is a good FPS. They did it surprisingly well. Sometimes there are like ... 20 enemies on the screen at once! Just like SS for PC.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-21, 1:25 PM #14
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Final Fantasy (old remakes rule)
Dragon Warrior 3 remake (not as good as the original, but pretty good)
Tetris!

I like all the mario platformers, too, but I prefer them on their original systems, esp. the SNES ones like yoshi's island and Super Mario World because there were more buttons on the controller.
2006-07-21, 2:47 PM #15
Casltevania: Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA game I've ever played, followed by Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
2006-07-21, 2:49 PM #16

I think Massassiwan kenobi would flow better.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-21, 6:11 PM #17
Also, what are some good RPGs? I love GBA RPGs. Is Final Fantasy 6 worth getting?

Yes.

You know, for 30 bucks, you can't go wrong... especially because the system has an established library of 2D gaming goodness, and everything is relatively inexpensive. Here's my must-have list:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (great, fun RPG)
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Warioware
Link To The Past
all of the Advance Mario titles (especially Yoshi's Island)
Doom
Duke Nukem Advance
Pokemon!
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."

↑ Up to the top!