Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Clerks II
Clerks II
2006-07-20, 11:27 AM #1
Saw it last night, it was pretty good. Some really funny starwars stuff in it too. It had some really funny parts, but ofcourse (since it is NEW kevin smith) it had quite a few "touchy feely" parts to it.. heart felt moments... which i think kinda detracted from it.

Since the first movie is a classic, and this one is NOT the first movie, it will probably lose some points with fans there, but I found it enjoyable.

some of the camera shots at the begining were almost exactly like Clerks. Some evry amature shots. Which was cool cause it kinda takes you back to the first film.

And i am so glad Jay and Silent Bob have returned! YEA
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-20, 11:39 AM #2
Seeing it Friday! Woo :D
2006-07-20, 12:19 PM #3
Originally posted by Overlord:
Seeing it Friday! Woo :D

:cool:
2006-07-20, 12:47 PM #4
hmmm... is it out on this side of the pond too? I was under the impression I had a while longer to wait
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-07-20, 1:25 PM #5
I'll probably see it before I go to work tomorrow, since it's not out here yet.

Maevie: I'll bring a camcorder. All I need is your address and a traveller's cheque to cover postage. >.>

KIDDING.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-21, 7:48 PM #6
Add this movie to the short list of films where the sequel is better than the original. In my opinion the original is overrated. It's a good movie, but it's WAY overrated. It isn't as amazing and groundbreaking as people make it out to be, but it's good. Anyway, the sequel is just as good, if not better...by a lot. 40 Year Old Virgin WAS my favorite comedy for a while, and this just kicked it out of place. Never have I laughed so much. When the film ended everyone stood up and clapped and cheered. What did you guys think?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-07-21, 8:21 PM #7
[I merged em, woo. -Vin]
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-07-21, 9:41 PM #8
the puking kid scene was hysterical
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-21, 9:55 PM #9
Originally posted by maevie:
hmmm... is it out on this side of the pond too? I was under the impression I had a while longer to wait

We dont get it till August 31st here :mad:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-21, 10:10 PM #10
Clerks II kicks ***, and that's about all I can say. If nothing else, go see this movie for the 'Pillowpants' scene.
2006-07-21, 10:56 PM #11
There were many parts that I had a smile on my face for a good 20-30 minutes. And then they broke up the humor with the whole Dante-Becky thing. I must say that Rosario Dawson dancing on the roof was a pleasant site to behold. ;)

But Randal pretty much stole the show in the humor department. Elias had his moments, but Randal's reactions were much funnier.

Porchmonkey. It's okay, I'm taking it back.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-21, 11:21 PM #12
It was awesome. The audience actually cheered when the movie was over. It's the best anyone could hope for in a sequel to Clerks.
2006-07-22, 12:07 AM #13
so good. SO ****ING GOOD.

"don't worry, im bringing it back!!"
2006-07-22, 12:11 AM #14
I loved it. It got a bit sentimental in some parts, but Smith still managed to break those parts up with some humor.

I was laughing so hard at the LotR vs. Star Wars
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-07-22, 12:13 AM #15
I really, really enjoyed it. WhenI first heard that Smith was doing this, I was quite worried. However, this was a great sequel. Smith managed to craft this movie with a point, not just for the money due to the Clerks name. It was a little touch feely in some aspects, but I really liked them. These characters have changed since we last saw them, some for better some for worse. And to add to that, it was gut bustingly funny. I mean I haven't laughed this hard since The Wedding Crashers I think. The film turned out to be one of the better sequels I've seen, and was hilarious. What more can you want?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-07-22, 12:42 AM #16
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=Sbk1qK1rmQt

Kevin Smith fighting with Joel Siegel (the film critic)
2006-07-22, 3:12 PM #17
yeah, i've always hated joel siegel.
2006-07-22, 3:17 PM #18
Haha, "Genre: Rap."

Keven Smith is awesome. I could listen to him talk all day.
2006-07-22, 5:29 PM #19
Bah. I heard that on the radio as it actually happened. Smith was polite and not even funny. He certainly didn't kick any ***. Opie and Anthony had their way with Seigel though.

I say, kudos to Seigel for actually getting on the air with them.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-22, 5:33 PM #20
uh, isuwen. how did he not kick any ***? he proved to joel seigel that's he's an inconsiderate, childish critic.

and of course he agreed to do it. he didnt even know that kevin smith was on the show with opie and anthony.
2006-07-23, 7:01 AM #21
Originally posted by Alan:
I'll probably see it before I go to work tomorrow, since it's not out here yet.

Maevie: I'll bring a camcorder. All I need is your address and a traveller's cheque to cover postage. >.>

KIDDING.

the amusing thing about this, I have no working mouse atm, so I had to quote you just to read the spoiler.

(though yes, it was a rather obvious one)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-07-23, 7:59 AM #22
I saw it last night, and add my praises. I needed some good laughs, and I got them. A few of my friends hadn't scene Silence of the Lambs, so their reactions to a couple parts were funny to observe ;) .

↑ Up to the top!