Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My version Heaven
My version Heaven
2006-07-21, 10:03 PM #1
For some reason This looks like the kind of place I would want to end up when I die.

The actual whole thing is here . But that wouldn't be my version of heaven. More like a vacation spot or something.

(Yay, my first really pointless thread!)
My blawgh.
2006-07-21, 10:23 PM #2
:psyduck:
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-21, 10:26 PM #3
Good song, ****ty video.

Music videos should fall off the face of the Earth.
2006-07-21, 10:40 PM #4
What the hell is wrong with music videos?
2006-07-21, 10:55 PM #5
I like both of them.
2006-07-22, 5:23 AM #6
Yay Poets of the Fall. I loved their other songs.
2006-07-22, 8:43 AM #7
Your version of Heaven? Some wierd carnival?
2006-07-22, 8:59 AM #8
So when you die you want to end up on a web page?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-07-22, 12:07 PM #9
That place doesn't seem to have any cotten candy.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-22, 12:45 PM #10
not my destination of choice for the rest of eternity :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-22, 2:34 PM #11
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]What the hell is wrong with music videos?[/QUOTE]
Music is an aural art, not a a visual one as far as I'm concerned.
2006-07-22, 2:58 PM #12
Originally posted by tofu:

Videos without music would be boring. I'm happy music videos exist.
2006-07-22, 3:01 PM #13
Originally posted by tofu:

There's nothing wrong with music transcending more than just the realm of aural art. If it were just aural art, why do people react so emotionally when certain songs are played? Clearly, this is an example of just a stupid music video and not a reason to condemn all music videos (although, I must say I've only seen one or two that were worth it).
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-07-22, 3:06 PM #14
Pretty trippy.
幻術
2006-07-22, 3:21 PM #15
Kinda how I want batman begins 2 to be like at Joker's place (except not so full blown).
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-22, 6:28 PM #16
Originally posted by Schming:
There's nothing wrong with music transcending more than just the realm of aural art. If it were just aural art, why do people react so emotionally when certain songs are played? Clearly, this is an example of just a stupid music video and not a reason to condemn all music videos (although, I must say I've only seen one or two that were worth it).

What does the fact that people have emotional reactions to music mean it can't remain a strictly aural art? Most music videos are made to simply showcase the artist and has no basis in the artistic integrity of the music. I believe it's just one thing that's contributing to the crappy music we have these days.

Look at it this way, if we didn't have music videos would the Backstreet Boys be so popular?
2006-07-23, 12:52 PM #17
I think he was a little off in saying that emotional reactions mean it isn't a strictly aural art, but that doesn't change the fact that visual art can complement or even enhance music. That's why doing other stuff while listening to music rocks (Like driving), often more so than just sitting in a dark room listening to music. Listening to great music, on the road, with a beautiful sky overhead is one of the most enjoyable experiences evuh.

[edit]

there is something to be said however, to not seeing anything of the band that you listen to... it's like how when you see the radio station dj or the singer who you'd only heard, and it sorta ruins it for you... they look so unlike what you'd envisioned based on the music. Usually, I can put that aside, however... I guess it's the same as the concept of being turned off from a movie based on a book because of the differences in the Directors/Designers vision of the story/characters and yours.

Interesting... :D

[/edit]

↑ Up to the top!