Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The iPod adventure!
The iPod adventure!
2006-07-22, 8:17 PM #1
About 2 weeks ago my Assistant manager at my job (not my new one) came in with an ipod. Right off the bat she states that she found the ipod in the back of the taxi she took to get to work that morning. So okay whatever, she found an ipod, she was lucky. Next thing she does is ask me to charge the ipod for her. Okay, simple enough.

I brought it home and charged it. Bring it back and she complains I didnt put any music on it. Take it home and put music on it, she complains that its not what she likes. Except this time i noticed that the Ipod name was what appeared to be the online alias of someone.
At this point i had left the ipod at my house for a day or 2. However at the same time she began treating me horribly for no reason really. For example, we were playing the card game Uno, and I got screamed at for not having a draw card. It was my fault that probability was not on my side for that round.

So pretty much that morning I decided to google the online alias. Within 2 minutes I confirmed the forum member i found was the guy who lost his ipod. Same alias, same music interest, and more importantly he was from this area. So I grabbed his screen name and sent a message to him.

So long story short, the next night I was able to drop off the ipod to him. And now my annoying assistant manager will not get a free ipod out of this.

Lastly, she does not know that I dont have the ipod anymore. Im pondering what to tell her, but i think the most fun thing would be to just say that I gave it back. Plus, its not like she could fire me, and im quitting anyway. Foolproof! buwhahaha
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-07-22, 8:19 PM #2
Nice!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-22, 8:27 PM #3
tl; dr
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-22, 8:30 PM #4
You're only solution is to buy her a new iPod.

Or get that other job.
2006-07-22, 8:45 PM #5
Too bad the guy that lost the iPod didn't start a website about how some trashy woman picked up his iPod out of a taxi and claimed it was hers, or that she bought it for $50, et al...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-22, 8:47 PM #6
Originally posted by Wolfy:
tl; dr

WTF does this mean? :mad:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-22, 8:48 PM #7
too long; didn't read

but we all know he read it
2006-07-22, 8:57 PM #8
You should absolutely tell her that you did the right thing and gave the ipod back. Make sure to emphasis the right part, as in you didn't try to take something that wasn't yours. Then watch her explode and gloat.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-22, 9:15 PM #9
Definately go the "I did what you should have" path :p :D
2006-07-22, 9:18 PM #10
Originally posted by tofu:
too long; didn't read

but we all know he read it

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

I'm still subtracting one from his post count though.
2006-07-22, 9:22 PM #11
Originally posted by Avenger:
You should absolutely tell her that you did the right thing and gave the ipod back. Make sure to emphasis the right part, as in you didn't try to take something that wasn't yours. Then watch her explode and gloat.

Precisely. You're quitting anyway, may as well enjoy it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-22, 9:30 PM #12
Originally posted by Vinny:
I'm still subtracting one from his post count though.

You might as well substract 1 thousand, I doubt he'd notice. :ninja:

Anyways, good job. What sort of music was the dude listening to? And, em, did he give you PIE for you bringing him his i-pod back?
幻術
2006-07-22, 9:59 PM #13
Originally posted by Koobie:
You might as well substract 1 thousand, I doubt he'd notice. :ninja:

Anyways, good job. What sort of music was the dude listening to? And, em, did he give you PIE for you bringing him his i-pod back?

If someone brought me back MY ipod (I don't have one) I certainly would give him pie. Or at least some ice-cream cake.

Nice job on giving it back MB!!!!!!!

:v:
2006-07-22, 10:02 PM #14
Yeah, way to go Avenger! :v: (Who's this MB guy anyway?)
2006-07-22, 10:05 PM #15
Yea way to go Avenger!
:ninja:

And he did mention something along the lines of Pie :v:
2006-07-22, 10:07 PM #16
For some reason I thought Avenger posted this too.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-07-22, 10:08 PM #17
I'm confused. Apparantly, I'm not the only one.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-22, 10:23 PM #18
There. I fixed it.

:v:
2006-07-23, 12:13 AM #19
tldr
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-23, 12:17 AM #20
Heh, neat.

Hmm, I didn't really consider that tl;dr, perhaps it had been 2 paragraphs longer. :R
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-23, 12:22 AM #21
Record her reaction. Then post it all over the net. :)
2006-07-23, 3:40 AM #22
Man, I love Uno. It's the only family game I've played where people are threatened with death on a regular basis throughout play :D
2006-07-23, 7:47 AM #23
Haha. Card games = the best ever. Seriously. On friday at school, we get to play cards in study hall. There's many threats there as well, and alliances made.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-23, 8:21 AM #24
Humm. That reminds me of something. . .

A few weeks ago I was taking out trash at work, and one of the ladies there had a wallet in her garbage can. I asked her if she really wanted to throw away the wallet since, and she told me that all of the stuff in there had expired. After dumping her garbage with the rest, I let my natural curiosity take over and I pocketed the wallet until I could have time to look through it.

When my lunch break started I whipped out the wallet and discovered that the drivers licence was scheduled to expire 2009. I found this odd, considering she had assured me that everything had expired, though the licence, which was in front of everything else was brand new. I flipped through and found an ATM card. Two pay checks from McDonald’s, and lastly the owners authentic social security card. I work at a facility where people can donate their pants and other clothes so they can be shipped out to other parts of the world as emergency supplies, so the wallet was probably found in a pair of jeans and they just decided to throw it away.

To make a short story shorter. I took it to the police and let them handle it. It still urks me how someone could throw away someone’s ID without feeling any remorse about it.
My blawgh.
2006-07-23, 9:25 AM #25
post.count=+2;
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-23, 10:08 AM #26
Originally posted by Wolfy:
post.count=+2;
The assignment-addition operator is +=.
2006-07-23, 10:37 AM #27
Best thing would be to tell her... A replacement shouldn't be in order, since it wasnt hers anyway.

If she gets mad, now she knows what it feels like to loose an ipod! ;)
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2006-07-23, 12:42 PM #28
I think i might bring my camera to record her reaction :ninja:
2006-07-23, 12:57 PM #29
Act happy that you found the original owner, like it was what she wanted you to do with it.
2006-07-23, 12:58 PM #30
Tell her you took a cab to work and accidentally lost it.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-07-23, 1:24 PM #31
Originally posted by tofu:
Act happy that you found the original owner, like it was what she wanted you to do with it.

I bet she would flip. Ha! :D
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-07-23, 11:32 PM #32
So far im considering what tofu and ach said >.>
2006-07-24, 12:29 AM #33
Originally posted by Jon`C:
The assignment-addition operator is +=.
Maybe in some kind of crazy language YOU use.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-24, 1:11 AM #34
Good on you MB; that dude must have been STOKED to get it back! Normally when you lose something like that, it's gone forever.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-07-24, 1:46 AM #35
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Maybe in some kind of crazy language YOU use.

You mean C?
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-24, 8:23 AM #36
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
You mean C?

I like C.

I would just tell her the truth.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-07-24, 1:21 PM #37
Good job giving it back. That assistant manager sounds like a dumb **** to me. Complaining over Uno? WTF

Here are some ideas on what to tell her:

1. "What Ipod?"
2. "I gave it to its owner."
3. "I left it at home, sorry." <--- say that til you quit, to keep her off your back and continue getting paid. Then never talk to her again. Probably the best choice.

↑ Up to the top!