Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I have just joined the comformity...
I have just joined the comformity...
2006-07-23, 5:13 PM #1
... because I finally got myself a cellphone :)

It's a basic Nokia flip phone that cost only 30 bucks. I'm fairly new to cellphones so it took me a while to figure out how to use the interface, despite having 12+ years experience in computers :p The phone is pretty snazzy even though it's a basic phone. I would had gotten the 50 dollar one because it would have been free with rebate and it had a camera but my father insisted "No, I don't trust you with it. You have a serious computer addiction and I think you'll get addicted to the camera and cost us too much money!" so we went with the 30 dollar basic phone. However, we didn't realize until after we purchased it that I could had gotten a rebate. A shame because I would had liked the camera phone :(

Anyway, I'm liking it so far. Too bad I can't use it near my computer because my computer makes a weird buzzing noise whenever I make a call. :confused:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-23, 5:17 PM #2
what service u got? i know cingular has a problem with unprotected monitors and speakers ..........
Matt
2006-07-23, 5:51 PM #3
Originally posted by Avp2MattJa:
what service u got? i know cingular has a problem with unprotected monitors and speakers ..........

Umm... the one you just said :ninja:
2006-07-23, 7:22 PM #4
Hello, Savage, and welcome to 1999. :D (But seriously, yay! Phones are fun)

Most cell phones do funny things to speakers. I was actually somewhere the other day, and everytime someone got a call the speakers on this guy's computer went CRAZY. It scarred the crap out of us until we figured out it happened whenever a cell signal came in or went out.

Also: I'd like to mention that this post was made from my laptop which is connected to my desktop which is connect to the internet.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-07-23, 9:08 PM #5
Ah, that makes sense. I remember watching an episode of mythbusters where they tested to see if cellphones can mess with airplane equipment. Apparently cellphones omit a LOT of radio waves that are much higher than other electronic devices so I'm not surprise that speakers tend to freak out when near a cellphone that's making a call. I guess I'll just have to turn my speakers off if I want to receive calls near my computer.
2006-07-23, 9:11 PM #6
I just broke my cellphone by dropping it in the toilet by accident:(
2006-07-23, 9:15 PM #7
#1) When/If you go to church, and you have a cell phone, turn it off when entering the sanctuary.
#2) If you don't, and you need to leave your seat during the service, turn your cell phone off first or take it with you.
#3) If you leave, leaving your cell phone in your seat and on, make SURE you didn't assign it the worst ringtone ever.
#4) If you ignore all of the above, your cell phone is sure to ring during prayer when you're up front getting prayed for.

Yes, this happened today. :mad: If I ever get one at least I'm going to make the ringtone actually RING.

And I'll turn it off when it would be disruptive, AND I'll keep it on my person so I can turn it off if I forget and it rings.

2006-07-23, 9:23 PM #8
My cell phone is on vibrate 24/7. I abhor ringtones. If I ever am away from my phone but am waiting for a call (or just need to be able to know if something happens (alarm, etc.)) I use the standard ring. And then switch it back to vibrate.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-07-23, 9:27 PM #9
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]#1) When/If you go to church, and you have a cell phone, turn it off when entering the sanctuary.
#2) If you don't, and you need to leave your seat during the service, turn your cell phone off first or take it with you.
#3) If you leave, leaving your cell phone in your seat and on, make SURE you didn't assign it the worst ringtone ever.
#4) If you ignore all of the above, your cell phone is sure to ring during prayer when you're up front getting prayed for.

Yes, this happened today. :mad: If I ever get one at least I'm going to make the ringtone actually RING.

And I'll turn it off when it would be disruptive, AND I'll keep it on my person so I can turn it off if I forget and it rings.[/QUOTE]
Words of wisdom. I feel like pummeling every person who has their cell phone going off during church. And then they decide their call is more important than their religion, and walk outside to take the call, then walk back into church, and this can be disruptive if it's during a reading.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-23, 9:30 PM #10
My cell phone plays havoc with my CRT monitor if I have it too close when it rings. The effect makes me dizzy and nautious. I've learned to not keep my cell phone so close to my monitor. ;)

Also, best ringtone I've heard is on my friend's phone. Jack Black going "Ring, Rrrrring" from the Friends sketch on the Tenacious D cd. It's funny, but also subtle enough that it's not annoying when it goes off in a public place.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-23, 9:47 PM #11
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
My cell phone plays havoc with my CRT monitor if I have it too close when it rings. The effect makes me dizzy and nautious. I've learned to not keep my cell phone so close to my monitor. ;)

Also, best ringtone I've heard is on my friend's phone. Jack Black going "Ring, Rrrrring" from the Friends sketch on the Tenacious D cd. It's funny, but also subtle enough that it's not annoying when it goes off in a public place.

hahah yeah same here BUT it is a great way to let you know that you have a call coming in :psyduck:
Mmmm.
2006-07-23, 9:53 PM #12
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Words of wisdom. I feel like pummeling every person who has their cell phone going off during church. And then they decide their call is more important than their religion, and walk outside to take the call, then walk back into church, and this can be disruptive if it's during a reading.

How very Christian. :P

"TURN YOUR GODDAMNED CELL-PHONE OFF! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M ****ING PRAYING HERE??"

However, classrooms. God is that ever annoying.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-23, 10:03 PM #13
I really would like to get a ring tone that sounds like someone coughing. That way if it goes off, no one would suspect it hehe :)
2006-07-23, 10:05 PM #14
I wonder if women keep their cell phone on vibrate more than men?

I know, tasteless
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-07-23, 10:10 PM #15
Actually...

We got into the car after church one day, my mom turns to me and asks "Why can't they jsut shut the damn things off? They are, after all, in church!"
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-23, 10:13 PM #16
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Actually...

We got into the car after church one day, my mom turns to me and asks "Why can't they jsut shut the damn things off? They are, after all, in church!"

Yea, just tell them this:

"God has the ability to know one's thoughts and can speak directly to your mind. Therefore, TURN THAT DAMN PHONE OFF CAUSE HE DOESN'T NEED IT."
2006-07-23, 10:35 PM #17
conformity.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-23, 11:25 PM #18
There's still people who don't have cell phones? Why? How do you get a hold of friends?
Warhead[97]
2006-07-23, 11:28 PM #19
I LIKE PIE
2006-07-24, 6:18 AM #20
I had a cellphone once. Then I remembered that people don't need cellphones. If I'm not at home to answer my phone I'm busy and you obviously weren't invited, so stop calling me.

Unless you're a doctor or a drug dealer cellphones are retarded.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2006-07-24, 6:33 AM #21
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
How very Christian. :P

"TURN YOUR GODDAMNED CELL-PHONE OFF! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M ****ING PRAYING HERE??"

However, classrooms. God is that ever annoying.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SPIT TEA MR. GANDALF.

:mad:
2006-07-24, 9:49 PM #22
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
There's still people who don't have cell phones? Why? How do you get a hold of friends?

I don't have any friends. Not since I moved down to Riverside anyway. The only people I use the cell phone for is my family and for job hunting / school use.
2006-07-24, 10:05 PM #23
Originally posted by SavageX378:
I don't have any friends. Not since I moved down to Riverside anyway. The only people I use the cell phone for is my family and for job hunting / school use.

and the chicks are great.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!