Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Venom! (Spider-Man 3)
Venom! (Spider-Man 3)
2006-07-24, 2:24 AM #1
a new trailer was shown at comic-con featuring VENOM. all the pictures and videos are very blurry and small so far.. but here are the reports

1. Venom is much taller then Spiderman and very built

2. Venom does NOT have the white spider on his chest :( (but they are sayng that there is a spider made of "veins" on his chest.

3. Topher Grace IS playing Eddie Brock "Jr" which is fromt he Ultimate Spiderman Universe... if this trend follows.. then expect that the symbiot will be man made "as a cure for cancer" and not of alien origin.

now I will leave you with all that we have of now.. blurry pictures and video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/ghjign/16b207ea.gif

(only decent picture) http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/site/downloads/wallpapers/images/sm3_wp2_800x600.jpg
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-24, 2:28 AM #2
Holy god yes.

Oh.. and.. um.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6y0K33iWko&mode=related&search=

Enjoy.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-24, 2:32 AM #3
yeah, that's the older trailer (it's still really good though)... appearently tomorrow afternoon they are going to show the NEW trailer on G4... so hopefully someone will capture it so we can have a high(er) res video soon.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-24, 11:07 AM #4
blah YEAH i heard about this trailer with venom the other day, but couldnt find any video of it.
2006-07-24, 11:19 AM #5
Topher is so hot.
2006-07-24, 11:24 AM #6
And yeah, I'll wait a few weeks to watch the trailer.

I don't like Spiderman anyway.
2006-07-24, 12:08 PM #7
I prefer the Amazing Spiderman Venom arc.
2006-07-24, 1:12 PM #8
I really can't stand spiderman.

He's a total emo.
2006-07-24, 1:35 PM #9
May 4th? Wow.
2006-07-24, 1:36 PM #10
yeah, he really looks emo in this film... i guess cause the suit is making him "darker"... i hope he's not TOO emo.. that would ruin it.

here's a new picture of what is believed to be a picture of venom from the front with his mouth WAY open...

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5458/venomap8.jpg
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-24, 1:43 PM #11
Looks more like a candy store to me.
2006-07-24, 1:51 PM #12
Hmmmm, caaaaandyyy!
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-24, 2:03 PM #13
Looks like a blurry photo of the T-Rex in Jurrasic Park...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-24, 2:26 PM #14
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Topher is so hot.[/QUOTE]

yes he is...and u dont like spidey! he's the man lol. anyways back to topher...can we say yumminess. haha. I sent the other preview (the shorter trailer that's already out) to my sister and had her on the phone while she watched it and wa slike "damn topher looks good!" and i walsike "i know!!" i mean im excited just to see the film but topher is a hugeee plus lol. i'mma be watching with a smile when I see him hehe
2006-07-24, 2:27 PM #15
Originally posted by Spiral:
yeah, he really looks emo in this film... i guess cause the suit is making him "darker"... i hope he's not TOO emo.. that would ruin it.

here's a new picture of what is believed to be a picture of venom from the front with his mouth WAY open...

http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=venomap8.jpg

No what I meant, is that all spiderman does is whine his *** off.
2006-07-24, 2:36 PM #16
The other trailers on you-tube seem to suggest venom is still from mars.

I like that they are bringing back the green goblin. Or, atleast, his slick ride. I couldn't really see who was on it. It looked almost like a venom-infected GG.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-24, 2:36 PM #17
Venom isn't from mars....
2006-07-24, 2:57 PM #18
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I like that they are bringing back the green goblin. Or, atleast, his slick ride. I couldn't really see who was on it. It looked almost like a venom-infected GG.

that's harry osborne(green goblin 2)
2006-07-24, 3:02 PM #19
Cazor; no S. We already know Harry found the suit.

But it's like the Green Lantern, and Santa Clause: Whoever puts on the suit IS the Green Goblin.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-24, 3:02 PM #20
Quote:
Venom isn't from mars....

He was in the cartoon. :/ And he was from space in the comics, except the one series where he wasn't.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-24, 3:05 PM #21
The other trailers on you-tube seem to suggest venom is still from mars.

Fan trailers. That's footage from what appears to be Species 2.

-I still say they should have picked Jake Gyllenhaal to play Venom. They've jerked him around on the Spiderman role twice already.
2006-07-24, 3:22 PM #22
Cazor; no S. We already know Harry found the suit.

But it's like the Green Lantern, and Santa Clause: Whoever puts on the suit IS the Green Goblin.

ok. so why didn't you know who was on the green goblin's "slick ride" then?
2006-07-24, 3:25 PM #23
Powers: Brock's powers stem from his symbiotic relationship with the alien that serves as his costume. The symbiote can mimic any type of clothing whatsoever, as well as blending Venom in his surroundings, rendering him invisible. The symbiote has augmented all of Brock's physical abilities to superhuman levels equal to, and in some cases greater than, Spider-Man's.
2006-07-24, 5:28 PM #24
but they have taken a lot from the "ultimate spiderman" series in regards to venom (no white spider on the chest, topher's muscular size, his name being "Eddie Brock JUNIOR"...) in that version of the story, the suit didn't come from space.. it was man-made.

It's also reported that Sam Raimi said at comic-con that Venom will only appear for about 5 minutes in the movie... so I guess that's to introduce him for Spider-Man 4.. or.. worse yet, have Spider-Man defeat him after 5 minutes (venom being Spidey's greatest enemy.. i really really hope they don't do this.)
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-24, 5:30 PM #25
oh, and also Raimi said that harry is NOT going to be GG2... he won't be ANYTHING, really.... he will just be using his dad's gear.. no mask or anything... just some of the weapons and such.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-24, 6:02 PM #26
well, in the trailer he is wearing a mask. so whether or not he is the green goblin 2 is somewhat irrelevant, because someone dressing up like green goblin is going to be called the green goblin. people arent going to say "oh no, look! it's a person using the green goblin's flying platform thing and his weapons!" they're going to say "oh ****, it's green goblin!"

and, apparently, in an interview, james franco has said that he doesnt understand why a lot of people think he is going to be the hobgoblin, instead of green goblin 2.

and, im begining to trust what raimi says less and less nowdays anyways. i remember for the longest time everyone quoting him saying that he hates venom and he will never use him in a spider man movie.
2006-07-24, 6:27 PM #27
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/v/venom.htm
2006-07-24, 10:16 PM #28
Originally posted by Spiral:

It's just Topher Grace with a big blob of black goo on his face, I bet.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-07-24, 11:00 PM #29
I think the idea of Venom being a man-made cure for cancer (assuming that's the case) would fit better in the "movie-universe" they've created (and personally like better).

S3 is gonna have a lot of villains <_<
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-24, 11:50 PM #30
All this stuff you guys are saying sounds really stupid.
2006-07-25, 10:18 AM #31
Yeah, I agree. The Ultimate Spider-Man arc would work better in the movie. So many villians. Does anybody else thing that Thomas Hayden Church looks like a natural Sandman?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2006-07-25, 1:31 PM #32
Originally posted by Cazor:
well, in the trailer he is wearing a mask. so whether or not he is the green goblin 2 is somewhat irrelevant, because someone dressing up like green goblin is going to be called the green goblin. people arent going to say "oh no, look! it's a person using the green goblin's flying platform thing and his weapons!" they're going to say "oh ****, it's green goblin!"

and, im begining to trust what raimi says less and less nowdays anyways. i remember for the longest time everyone quoting him saying that he hates venom and he will never use him in a spider man movie.

no dude, he don't have a mask, he has like some stupid goggle things... so he won't even look like a goblin.. so people will not say "look, it's the green goblin 2" they will say... "hey look.. it's harry on a glider wearing snowboarding goggles"

and as far as the venom and raimi thing go.. he didn't say he hated venom.. he said that he was very uninterresting and he wouldn't want to direct a movie with him in it..
what more then likely happened is that SONY saw everyone was wanting venom.. so they brought the idea up to raimi..
It says that Venom will only show up for the last 5-10 mins, so that was probably an agreement that raimi made with sony.. "lead up to venom.. put a few shots in of him, and it will make the fans happy, and it will gross the most out of all 3 films, and you really don't even have to do ANYTHING with venom himself. And since Raimi is really big on peter's choices, the black suit probably seemed like a good idea (fighting with his dark side) and this would be the best time to do it too, since he is fighting his friend Harry Osborne (who he refused to fight at that party in Spider-Man 2).. let's see what happens now that he is "the black spider-man"
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-07-25, 1:34 PM #33
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I think the idea of Venom being a man-made cure for cancer (assuming that's the case) would fit better in the "movie-universe" they've created (and personally like better).

S3 is gonna have a lot of villains <_<

The only problem with that though is the fact that the symbiot is ALIVE.. which is why spiderman can't control his actions (and why venom refers to himself as "we" instead of "i")

How could they accidently create LIFE instead of the cure for cancer... (plus it was really cool that the symbiot was thousands of years old, and it has seen countless worlds and it's knowledge is limitless.... if it's just something created in a lab, you'll lose all of that.)

as for the "so many villians" part... I think that Harry will have a VERY minor role. I think his sole purpose in this movie is to show the change in peter parker from the 2nd movie to this one... I think spiderman will hurt or perhaps even kill harry, then realizes what he has done.. and thats when he reailzes what is happening and tries to get the costume off himself. Then at the end the costume finds topher grace. Venom happens with about 5 minutes left.

I think the main focus will be Sandman VS. Spider-Man.
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!