Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WoW
WoW
2006-07-24, 10:41 AM #1
So, I just reactivated my WoW account, and want to start playing again... I'm getting very bored of hte other games I have. So, can y'all tell me what realms you play on so I can join in? I'm planning on going horde, btw.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-24, 10:41 AM #2
COME TO MAL'GANIS. I uh, play on there. Horde style, so it's even better.

:)
2006-07-24, 10:54 AM #3
I just terminated my account last night. The monthly fee caused me to overdraft my checking account, beccause I forgot about it. Also, the whole Horde Pally and Alliance Shammy thing really bugs me. Blizz ****ed up so much with WoW, it isnt worth playing.
2006-07-24, 11:09 AM #4
Come to smolderthorn, horde side.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-24, 11:11 AM #5
Originally posted by finity5:
I just terminated my account last night. The monthly fee caused me to overdraft my checking account, beccause I forgot about it. Also, the whole Horde Pally and Alliance Shammy thing really bugs me. Blizz ****ed up so much with WoW, it isnt worth playing.

Yes, quitting now based on circumstancial evidence on something tha thasnt happened yet.

The only thing that really bugs me about WoW is latency issues sometimes, and even that is getting better and better.

Mannoroth, Allliance. 60 priest in full epics, guild is up to Nefarian and just starting AQ40.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-24, 11:13 AM #6
I'm going to smolderthorn. Tauren Hunter. Name to come soon.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-24, 11:14 AM #7
I tried playing WoW but I honestly can't think of a more boring game, so I gave up. About four separate times.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-24, 11:16 AM #8
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Yes, quitting now based on circumstancial evidence on something tha thasnt happened yet.

1. PvP is worthless. Blizzards answer to world PvP is stupid. The honor system is a joke. PvP rewards hardly make it worth the effort.

2. Raiding is a boring grind. Dedicating 2-4 hours a night to a raid gets old fast.

3. Faction reward grinds are uninspired and involve killing the same mobs over and over.

4. World of Gearcraft. There is truly no skill involved.

5. The whole ****ing game is a time-sink.

6. Lore contradictions galore.

Thanks.
2006-07-24, 11:17 AM #9
Smolderthorn, Jaxen, Tauren Hunter.

I like the pretty graphics and hugeness of WoW. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-24, 11:18 AM #10
After installing progress quest and getting to level 45, I've realized that that's pretty much all WoW is, except you have to do all the boring travelling as well.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-24, 11:20 AM #11
i gave up playing WoW about 3 months ago, didn't even manage to reach level 60, quit at about level 47, the whole game just felt like a dull grind at that point.

"kill stuff to get more powerful for hours at a time, over the period of 6 months"... thats all they should have written on the back of the box.
2006-07-24, 11:27 AM #12
Blizzard is a godsend in the MMO market compared to some companies *cough*Turbine*cough*.
2006-07-24, 11:43 AM #13
I'll honestly never understand why people play MMO's.
2006-07-24, 12:16 PM #14
1. PvP is worthless. Blizzards answer to world PvP is stupid. The honor system is a joke. PvP rewards hardly make it worth the effort.

The new PVP rewards blow alot of the weapons from end-game instances out of the water, along with the end rank armor and such. We have many members of our guild skipping raids to grind PVP rank to get some of the Grand Marshal weapons and armor. And I'll agree with you with the honor system, it's a bit of a grind. But, you're competing against other people, and it follows the idea of a military rank. You cant have everyone being Grand Marshals, only those who put the most time and effort in. DK's are stupid, Ill give you that, and the world PvP, while EXCEEDINGLY fun (Try it out on the PTR, it's cool!), isnt my idea of what world PvP should be. I'll give you that point.

2. Raiding is a boring grind. Dedicating 2-4 hours a night to a raid gets old fast.

Yeah, if you're doing it in a vacuum with bots. Raiding in WoW, and any MMO, is about communication and socializing. The fun is working together with people that after a while, you know better than your own friends. People are incredibally candid in their personalities, and you quickly see the whole gambit of their emotions very quickly. You joke around with your guild, you work with them, you cheer with them, you fall with them. Yes, raiding in itself is boring. But working together with a guild to overcome all the challenges in the game is an amazing experience from a computer game

3. Faction reward grinds are uninspired and involve killing the same mobs over and over.

Ill agree with you there, but they've done alot to alleviate that. CC rep is crazy easy to get now, with the introduction of AQ20 and 40. You can get exalted after just a few runs. Zandalar rep, they made coins and bijous JUST for rep now, you fly through the ranks. Some of the minor reps are still grindfests, but if you really want that super-rare enchant, you should have to work for it anyway.

The best guilds with the best gear are only so much if they arent skilled. PVP is a bit unbalanced with better geared players, but they're fixing BGs so that they are grouped based on rank and quality of gear now, evening out the battlefields.

It's an MMO, thats the point.

Im a lore freak. It's one of the main reasons I play the game. And yes, there's a COUPLE problems with lore (Mainly the introduction of the Draenai regarding Sargeras). But if you're talking about just NEW lore being introduced and not following your preconcieved ideas about what would happen, then you're just an idiot.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-24, 12:21 PM #15
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I tried playing WoW but I honestly can't think of a more boring game, so I gave up. About four separate times.

nope.
2006-07-24, 1:53 PM #16
Originally posted by fishstickz:
The fun is working together with people that after a while, you know better than your own friends.

This is but one reason why I despise the game. I had a housemate/friend last year who spent way more time "with" his WoW buddies than he did with us. "Sorry guys, I can't go to the pub with you. I have to do this raid." This would happen all the time. God that was frustrating.

I did give it a shot for about a day, but it became boring fast. The WoW players I know told me that I would have had more fun if I hadn't played as a Paladin. Well excuse me, but any game that makes a Paladin no fun to play is dead to me.
2006-07-24, 1:55 PM #17
I find Paladin pretty fun...

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-24, 1:58 PM #18
Then you are a more fortunate man than I :)
2006-07-24, 2:36 PM #19
I can't stand the art style, or the graphics. (But I love wind-waker. So don't even make the OMG ROB ONLY LIKES ADULT STUFF LOL NOT KIDDIE argument.)

I can't stand fantasy anymore. (****ing totally boring YAY A SWORD WITH +2 PERCEPTION AND 5 POINTS TO ****ing boring.)

Grind. Thats all I hear about this game. Grind.

That said, beside all the bugs, I've REALLY been enjoying Auto Assault lately. It's going to be a really awesome game once they get the kinks worked out.

I've also been playing alot of City of Villains. After I get my main character to level 50, I plan on playing a hero up to level 50. I have this REALLY fun Defender archer guy I'd love to play more. He's such a blast to play in teams, because nearly all of my debuffs are AOE. I practically turn groups of mobs into lightly defended kittens.

Everyone that knocks trick arrow, has never played with an effective trick arrow player. Although, I will admit that the Archery side of things leaves alot to be desired. Then again, this is on a Defender.
2006-07-24, 3:07 PM #20
Errr, Rob, I've played both extentively and CoH/V is a hell of a lot more grindish than WoW. At least in WoW you've got something other than your next level to aim for.

One of the reasons WoW is so successful is that, compared to other MMORPGs, it's entirely possible for a casual gamer to reach the highest levels.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-24, 8:26 PM #21
I don't aim at leveling, I aim at playing through the story content.

Which is about 900% the point of the game.

PVP is a nice diversion, Accolade hunting is definately grinding, but the bonuses suck so bad I really don't need to do it.
2006-07-24, 9:33 PM #22
Originally posted by Zell:
So, I just reactivated my WoW account, and want to start playing again... I'm getting very bored of hte other games I have. So, can y'all tell me what realms you play on so I can join in? I'm planning on going horde, btw.

Bah, you should had waited until after the expansion like I'm doing. The game in it's current state isn't worth 15 bucks a month, IMO. The endgame content isn't much fun as it's just raid, raid, raid, and the pvp game isn't even finished yet.

Of course, if you haven't been to the end game yet, then ignore what I said. The game from 1-59 is pretty fun.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-24, 9:49 PM #23
Originally posted by Spork:
Errr, Rob, I've played both extentively and CoH/V is a hell of a lot more grindish than WoW. At least in WoW you've got something other than your next level to aim for.

One of the reasons WoW is so successful is that, compared to other MMORPGs, it's entirely possible for a casual gamer to reach the highest levels.

Yeah, what was it, almost 2 years before someone hit the max level in AC? No other game that I've played took nearly that long and required nearly that long of a grind. Of course at that point max level only meant a slight advantage in PvP, that's about it. You were practically invincible against any monster and could do any quest in the game long before that. Of course then after that people started taking advantage of the massive flaws in the game's guild system and people started getting there in no time, then they revamped the experience system to make it even faster, and suddenly it meant nothing compared to what it used to mean. Took them a long time to throw in any content that actually gave people that level something to do, and the game was already beyond screwed up long before that.
2006-07-24, 9:57 PM #24
I played through a few free trials and they were fun, but I wouldn't pay a monthky fee to keep playing the game.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-24, 10:29 PM #25
Dear god Rob, Auto Assault is possibly the worst game ever conceived. I can't believe anyone would say they like it.
2006-07-25, 9:26 AM #26
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Bah, you should had waited until after the expansion like I'm doing. The game in it's current state isn't worth 15 bucks a month, IMO. The endgame content isn't much fun as it's just raid, raid, raid, and the pvp game isn't even finished yet.

Of course, if you haven't been to the end game yet, then ignore what I said. The game from 1-59 is pretty fun.

My highest character from before I deactivated my account was level 37. 3 levels away from getting a mount and all the 'fun stuff'. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-25, 9:34 AM #27
Originally posted by Zell:
My highest character from before I deactivated my account was level 37. 3 levels away from getting a mount and all the 'fun stuff'. :)

I will admit, Taurens have a pretty awesome mount. But not as awesome as the trolls mount! Lets be honest here, Dinosaurs > Rhinos.
2006-07-25, 9:54 AM #28
I agree. I've always wanted to get a raptor mount, but alas, Taurens themselves are way cooler than trolls.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-25, 10:07 AM #29
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Dear god Rob, Auto Assault is possibly the worst game ever conceived. I can't believe anyone would say they like it.

Sounds like you played during early beta.

Or you haven't run through a pike camp and blown everything up.
2006-07-25, 10:13 AM #30
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
I will admit, Taurens have a pretty awesome mount. But not as awesome as the trolls mount! Lets be honest here, Dinosaurs > Rhinos.

I wish trolls could be warlocks, they could get both dreadsteed AND raptor mount, that'd be so cool.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-25, 10:34 AM #31
The kodo beasts are restless!
2006-07-25, 2:16 PM #32
Actually, the game's fun kinda goes downhill once you hit 40. That's because all the "cool stuff" like the mount and a change of armor type (mail to plate, leather to mail, etc.) happen at 40. Also, for most classes, aquiring new skills stops at around 40. From there, you'll just get new ranks for your current skills. The only way to get new skills from there is to spend talent points on talents that offer a new skill.

Basically, once you hit 40, all the fun stuff pretty much ends and it becomes a big grind to get to level 60.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-25, 2:38 PM #33
I stopped at lvl50. It was fun, but the endless 'LFG' **** got too boring.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 3:19 AM #34
Originally posted by Sol:
I stopped at lvl50. It was fun, but the endless 'LFG' **** got too boring.

Join a guild*.

*a good guild
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-26, 8:58 AM #35
Shoulda got the mod "Call to arms".

Makes looking for a group much easier.

Also, join a guild.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-26, 9:02 AM #36
Originally posted by Spork:
Join a guild*.

*a good guild

Don't join the guild full of Chinese farmers. Trust me on this.
2006-07-26, 11:16 AM #37

Thanks.

1. Maybe people like to PVP for fun, not for rewards or ranks. Like me and lots of people I know do.

2. You don't grind on raids. Once again, it's fun.

3. What game doesn't require to kill mobs over and over? I obliverated my reputation with Booty Bay and the Steemwheedle Cartel to get a frackin pirate hat. A PIRATE HAT. It was totally worth it and fun.

4. I'm a rogue. I can gank just about any other class (besides warriors and paladins) without gear. Give me just the starting dagger and I will own. It's all about skill in stunlock.

5. Not if you only play a few hours a day....like lots of people (including me now).

6. WTF?
2006-07-26, 11:54 AM #38
Originally posted by Anovis:
1. Maybe people like to PVP for fun, not for rewards or ranks. Like me and lots of people I know do.

I know I had fun getting owned by people with better armor than me.
2. You don't grind on raids. Once again, it's fun.

That is a matter of opinion.
3. What game doesn't require to kill mobs over and over? I obliverated my reputation with Booty Bay and the Steemwheedle Cartel to get a frackin pirate hat. A PIRATE HAT. It was totally worth it and fun.

Whatever floats your boat.
4. I'm a rogue. I can gank just about any other class (besides warriors and paladins) without gear. Give me just the starting dagger and I will own. It's all about skill in stunlock.

Because using the same skills over and over to incapacitate your opponent for the entire battle really shows skill. gg rogue.
5. Not if you only play a few hours a day....like lots of people (including me now).

Good for you? The game is designed to keep you playing and paying as long as possible, whether you like it or not.
6. WTF?

How is that even worth responding to?

fanboi
2006-07-26, 1:09 PM #39
Actually, stunlocking requires precise timing and skill. If you **** up, it's gg.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-26, 1:16 PM #40
I know I had fun getting owned by people with better armor than me.

That is a matter of opinion.

Whatever floats your boat.

Because using the same skills over and over to incapacitate your opponent for the entire battle really shows skill. gg rogue.

Good for you? The game is designed to keep you playing and paying as long as possible, whether you like it or not.

How is that even worth responding to?

fanboi

1.) World of Warcraft is so easy enough you can own anyone without armor. Or with armor. Doesn't matter.

2.) Like your frackin thread?

3.) Yarr.

4.) Stunlocking requires several differnet moves. And yes, I can say it does take skill. Most rogues don't even know what Stunlocking is.

5.) Blizzard has made this game playable by any type of schedule. You can pause your quest any time you like. You're not forced to spend 4 hours on a raid by game design.

6.) You responded. *******.

↑ Up to the top!