Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Survivorman, have you seen this show?
Survivorman, have you seen this show?
2006-07-25, 3:02 PM #1
Remember how lame and fake Survivor was/is?

http://www.survivorman.ca/

Quote:
No food, no shelter, no fresh water, no tools... no camera crew. One man - alone in the wild for seven days with only his wits and stamina to sustain him.

Each episode finds “Survivorman” Les Stroud abandoned in a remote location. He carries little more than the clothes on his back – and his cameras. Les not only needs to survive for a week without supplies, but he has to film everything himself, lugging over fifty pounds of camera gear the entire time. The Costa Rican rainforest, Arctic ice-flows, Georgian swamp and the high Sonora desert include a few locales where Les has overcome seemingly impossible obstacles.

The few episodes I've seen:

The Artic-flows - He had a rifle for polar bears, a slab of RAW seal meat, and a parka.

Utah Canyonlands - He couldn't find water for 4 days! All he had to eat was a small rat he had to catch.

Northen Ontario in winter - he recreated a planecrash and used the plane as a shelter. He also pretended he broke his arm. He caught 1 rabbit.

Louisiana swamps - He ate a few frogs, found water from a vine, and also ate a rattlesnake.

This show is so damn interesting because of all the CRAZY ways he starts fires and catches animals with his clever traps. If you're into this kinda show, check it out. I'm GLUED to the screen for the entire hour this show is on.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-25, 3:06 PM #2
Sounds interesting. This guy must be quite a badass.
幻術
2006-07-25, 3:10 PM #3
Yeah, when he was in the artic, he woke up the next morning to find polar bear tracks less then 20ft away from him... He could have been mauled in his sleep, considering he would reak of raw seal meat.
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 11:55 AM #4
I see Massassi is full of Suvivor fanbois. >_>
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 11:59 AM #5
Originally posted by website:
Airing on “The Science Channel” in the U.S....

Am I missing something here?
2006-07-26, 12:06 PM #6
i love the science channel, and yes i like this show.
2006-07-26, 12:18 PM #7
4 days without water? BS.
2006-07-26, 12:26 PM #8
I havn't seen this "Science Channel" yet.
2006-07-26, 12:30 PM #9
saberopus, ok maybe it was like 2-3 days, but he was getting pretty damn concerned for his life.
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 12:31 PM #10
Originally posted by Sol:
saberopus, ok maybe it was like 2-3 days, but he was getting pretty damn concerned for his life.

You're making me suspicious.
2006-07-26, 1:21 PM #11
Whys that?
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 1:22 PM #12
First it's four days, now it's two to three? :P
2006-07-26, 1:49 PM #13
Haha, it was a long *** time ago that I saw the episode. :psyduck: