Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Babies
Babies
2006-07-26, 11:49 AM #1
What the **** is up with women and Babies? I seriously don't get it. I stopped by the post office today, and there were three women standing in line ahead of me, going goo-goo ga-ga over a baby one of them had. None of them were being helped either, that or they already had, and I just stood in line waiting to be helped for 5 minutes. So I get back to school, and go to get lunch. This girl that was pregnant that worked at the campus diner had her baby and had it there, and once again, I stood in line while all these women were going crazy over a baby. (I find it odd that happened twice in one day)

What is WITH women and babies? Alright... so you think it's a little miracle?

FAP FAP FAP BABY

Sorry but in my book, there isnt a whole lot miraculous about that. Plus they wont even care one it grows up and isnt "cute" anymore.

In the words of Rob, I want to kick a pregnant women in the stomach right now.
2006-07-26, 11:54 AM #2
Yes, it's really annoying for some parents to take their babies with them and then they cry and annoy everybody else off.

Yet I'll rather punch the kid who decides to talk about which candy he likes with his annoying brat kid friends during a movie... or then just about any kid. Oh well.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-26, 11:56 AM #3
Well they do come out of them.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-26, 11:56 AM #4
You know, for someone who hates bad habits of women, you're being awfully irrational and testy.
2006-07-26, 11:57 AM #5
Originally posted by LividDK27:
You know, for someone who hates bad habits of women, you're being awfully irrational and testy.

I care?

Or you know, it's the fact that a good portion of my 30 minute lunch break involved being held up by babies.
2006-07-26, 12:13 PM #6
This is the point where you either a) cut in line or b) Tell them to move along.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-26, 12:14 PM #7
Yeah, quitcher goddamn bellyachin' ;)
2006-07-26, 12:15 PM #8
children are moronic and need killing, sure it spells the end of the human race, but it wont kill me.
2006-07-26, 12:16 PM #9
aw just babies are adorable. my mom has a home day care, and everyday there are babies here.

I dont know, just kids do funny things for being so innocent and just learning about the world. and are just adorable. I dont know how to explain it.

It always makes me want one lol, and yet not want one cuz of all the hard work. I dunno babies are just cute
2006-07-26, 12:19 PM #10
Originally posted by finity5:
I care?

Or you know, it's the fact that a good portion of my 30 minute lunch break involved being held up by babies.

Wow, that joke failed pretty spectacularly. I guess I didn't realise you'd been put into such a bad mood *shrug*
2006-07-26, 12:24 PM #11
Originally posted by finity5:
I care?

I think it got held up because you were afraid to assert your manliness and ask if you could go ahead while they oogled.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-07-26, 12:25 PM #12
When you have one of your own, it will make more sense. Babies are cute (well, not at first, but after a month or two...).

I figure with women, they strike some sort of maternal instinct and the rest of the brain shuts off. Maybe some women relive having their own babies and some are dreaming of having their own.

Make no mistake though, babies are tyrants that rule with an iron-yet-drooled-on fist!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-26, 12:33 PM #13
Yeah right.

More like football sized sack of puntable flesh if it gets too far out of line.
2006-07-26, 12:39 PM #14
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Wow, that joke failed pretty spectacularly. I guess I didn't realise you'd been put into such a bad mood *shrug*

Ah, sorry. I am actually in a pretty bad mood right now, and I didn't catch the joke. My apologies.
2006-07-26, 12:47 PM #15
No big deal :) Just trying to see if I could get a reaction. Not necessarily from you, just in general.
2006-07-26, 1:05 PM #16
I fail to see a problem.

Next thread.
2006-07-26, 1:06 PM #17
You fail at life.

Next thread.
2006-07-26, 1:07 PM #18
Originally posted by Rob:
You fail at life.

Next thread.

Nice and original. Though anyone posting old news in MySpace is also a failure. :ninja:
2006-07-26, 1:10 PM #19
Seeing that it takes around 9 annoying months and a painful excursion to the hospital for giving life, a baby can be viewed as a prized possession and somewhat an achievement. Also, babies tend to be the simplest form of innocence, thus they become cute or whatever.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-26, 1:12 PM #20
Originally posted by Echoman:
Seeing that it takes around 9 annoying months and a painful excursion to the hospital for giving life, a baby can be viewed as a prized possession and somewhat an achievement. Also, babies tend to be the simplest form of innocence, thus they become cute or whatever.

Exactly.

Plus, they're tastey.

So, I'm failing to see the problem here?
2006-07-26, 1:21 PM #21
It is mostly a women thing, like all mammals they have instincts and desires that can seem irrational at times but they is a purpose to them. The cuteness factor can affect men just as easily as women but men are generally brought up to be "tough" and "hard skinned".
I've got a little nephew and it is nice to see him now and again but boy am I glad he's not mine :D
2006-07-26, 1:38 PM #22
Asking this question is like a woman asking why men scratch themselves. It's just the way it is.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-26, 2:14 PM #23
Actually, humans only have 2 instincts, both of which we grow out of:

1. Put something in a baby's hand, and it will grip it. Always.

2. Babies will instinctly hold their breath when put underwater.

Just in case you all were curious :p
2006-07-26, 2:16 PM #24
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]

[/QUOTE]

That must have disappointed your mother.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-26, 2:21 PM #25
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Actually, humans only have 2 instincts, both of which we grow out of:

1. Put something in a baby's hand, and it will grip it. Always.

Just in case you all were curious :p[/QUOTE]

In psychology, they call that the Grasping reflex. They also turn their head and start sucking if anything is near their face.

Another thing is if you tickle their feet, their toes fan out instead of in.
2006-07-26, 2:23 PM #26
Originally posted by Echoman:
That must have disappointed your mother.

[http://public.csusm.edu/bcline2000/imgs/emot-iceburn.gif]
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-26, 2:24 PM #27
hax!
2006-07-26, 4:18 PM #28
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
It always makes me want one lol, and yet not want one cuz of all the hard work. I dunno babies are just cute

Yeah, but spouses can relieve ya of the work, too. ;) :P
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-26, 4:19 PM #29
Originally posted by Anovis:
Exactly.

Plus, they're tastey.

A very swift thought. ;)
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-07-26, 4:28 PM #30
I saw my grandparents having sex when I was 4, and I turned out ok......... :eek:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-07-26, 4:39 PM #31
little chubby **** covered screaming things, i'd never want one.

really, i've met the owners of other kids, they're all strange.
2006-07-26, 4:56 PM #32
In my life children will come *AFTER* I have a decent job, and can support myself, my spouse, and atleast two more (cause you never know).
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-26, 5:09 PM #33
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
In my life children will come *AFTER* I have a decent job, and can support myself, my spouse, and atleast two more (cause you never know).

Amen to that! Smart man.

Lol im a chick and thats how I want to go about things too, wait till I got the finances etc to take care of all the necessities :D
2006-07-26, 5:13 PM #34
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
Amen to that! Smart man.

Lol im a chick and thats how I want to go about things too, wait till I got the finances etc to take care of all the necessities :D

*buys a lottery ticket and fills out application to be King of the World*
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-26, 8:24 PM #35
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:

Which will never happen, because of the whole habitual lying, and lack-luster conclusions to seemingly grand money making schemes you always go on about.
2006-07-26, 8:43 PM #36
Originally posted by Sol:
Well they do come out of them.
So?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-26, 10:01 PM #37
okay well at least they werent doing this:

http://www.local6.com/firstnews/9579661/detail.html
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-07-26, 10:39 PM #38
Originally posted by MBeggar:
okay well at least they werent doing this:

http://www.local6.com/firstnews/9579661/detail.html

Negligence + stupidity = spectacular fail
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-26, 10:48 PM #39
"She said she first started feeling pain while at band camp"

:psyduck:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.