Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dalai Lama and Canada
Dalai Lama and Canada
2006-07-26, 1:56 PM #1
Link . Basically China's pissed that Canada gave the Dalai Lama a reward, so they're like "Omfg...no wai...I'm so not gonna trade wit u anymore n00b".

Although they said it more professionally.
2006-07-26, 1:58 PM #2
Uh, DAMN COMMIES and uh DAMN LIBERAL ****HEADS?

I'd make so good republican lawl flamebait
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-26, 1:59 PM #3
Hmm, if Canada is as dependant on Chinese goods as the US is this could probably be VERY interesting. I do however think it is pretty awesome they are giving the Dalai Lama honorary citizenship though. :cool:
2006-07-26, 2:07 PM #4
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

lolarpops
2006-07-26, 2:12 PM #5
Chinese government still hasn't realized its wrongdoings in Tibet.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-26, 4:25 PM #6
Have you guys heard the news about China executing Falun Gong members in order to harvest their organs and sell them to the west for transplantations? (Falun Gong is a forbidden religion, practitioners are locked up and executed.)

That's some of the sickest **** I've ever heard. There's no real 'proof' yet, but they have very strong suspicions. Governments worldwide have been warned not to order organs from China.

And it's not like we're talking about a few people. We're talking about thousands.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-26, 5:39 PM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

How is that flamebait? You said EXACTLY what we republicans think (although not as extreme, mind you) :P
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-26, 6:42 PM #8
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Have you guys heard the news about China executing Falun Gong members in order to harvest their organs and sell them to the west for transplantations? (Falun Gong is a forbidden religion, practitioners are locked up and executed.)

That's some of the sickest **** I've ever heard. There's no real 'proof' yet, but they have very strong suspicions. Governments worldwide have been warned not to order organs from China.

And it's not like we're talking about a few people. We're talking about thousands.

Yeah, China and Saudi Arabia are some of the worst human rights violators but they are treated like good allies by everyone. Just for money :(
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-26, 7:37 PM #9
China likes our oil, we like China's cheap manufactured goods. The truth is, stuff like this isn't going to harm trade at all. Not when there's money to be made.
Stuff
2006-07-26, 10:22 PM #10
WTF. I never complained about the loss of my legs...some chinaman took them from me in Korea...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-27, 4:19 AM #11
Governments worldwide have been warned not to order organs from China.

I read that as orgasms. :eek:
2006-07-27, 7:40 AM #12
China can eat ****.
2006-07-27, 8:23 AM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:
China can eat ****.

Yeah. I can't believe Yahoo and Google are cooperating with that government.
2006-07-27, 9:44 AM #14
Usually people who are pure evil aren't also whiny as hell, but China has it all. I wonder if their insecurity stems from the fact that their entire governmental system and philosophy on life can't stand on its own against first world values or if it's because they have [left to your imagination]. :v:

The only reason to go to the moon and Mars is to get there before the Chinese do. I'd rather have the first space colony be founded on corruption and capitalism than be founded on corruption and the bones of orphans. Hurr, giving the Dalai Lama an honorary citizenship is certainly an affirmation of the Tibetan government-in-exile and absolutely not a comment on all of the good things the Dalai Lama has done. Which is as opposed to all of the good things the Chinese government has done, like make sure the human organ black market is kept well-stocked. You wouldn't want the news of Canadian support to get out because the slave underclass might get uppity! LOL, China is the greatest of nations.

There. Now Massassi is blocked from China, just like every website on the Internet except the Yahoo Ethnically-Cleansed Homepage and sellout.google.com.

Edit:
Quote:
Asked if this represented a threat to Canadian firms, he replied with a smile: "I don't think it's a threat. I'm just trying to make things clearer. It is a clear fact and very easy to be seen."
This guy is a massive douche and I hope we repel the Chinese consulate just so we get him off our soil.
Quote:
Canada's previous Liberal government was enthusiastic about boosting ties with China and sent several high-level trade missions headed by prime ministers.
...and this has nothing to do with China, it's just an excuse to take a vacation. It's the Liberal party.
Quote:
More than a million people of Chinese descent live in Canada and trade between the two nations is increasing rapidly.
Yeah, and something tells me that flipping off the Chinese government isn't going to stem the tide of Chinese immigration. Hint: China is a horrible place and the Chinese government slaughter them for spare parts. Severing ties with China would probably increase Canada's Chinese population because it means they would have a much lower chance of being sent back.
Quote:
"Based on rumors and false allegations, the report is biased and groundless," he said, adding that the authors had close ties with Falun Gong.
And this guy just got a new liver.
2006-07-27, 10:23 AM #15
Originally posted by Jon`C:
the Yahoo Ethnically-Cleansed Homepage and sellout.google.com.
Actually I applaud what they're doing. They're trying to get their foot in the door in China so they can try to help, not because they support what the Chinese government is doing.

*Gasp*, believe it or not, google actually brings a beneficial service to China, even if only in a limited form. Your flaw is you assume that google and yahoo support the actions of the Chinese government just because they deal with them. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Perhaps they can do something to help stop censorship in China someday.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-27, 11:04 AM #16
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Actually I applaud what they're doing. They're trying to get their foot in the door in China so they can try to help, not because they support what the Chinese government is doing.

I think they're just using that as an excuse to target a huge new market and make ****loads of money.
2006-07-27, 11:44 AM #17
Well it makes sense to do that. Doesn't it?

[Days till bush invades china] 2 days after liver cancer.
2006-07-27, 11:53 AM #18
I think they're just using that as an excuse to target a huge new market and make ****loads of money.
Either way, they still don't support the actions of the Chinese government.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-27, 12:51 PM #19

*Gasp*, believe it or not, google actually brings a beneficial service to China, even if only in a limited form. Your flaw is you assume that google and yahoo support the actions of the Chinese government just because they deal with them. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Perhaps they can do something to help stop censorship in China someday.

Don't be so hastey to form that opinion. Sometimes a prince must sever all ties with a country, despite its beneficial values, to provoke a change for the better beneifit both countries. Helping in this situation will only prolong the inevitable.

It is hard to say whether trade between Canada and China will halt, as China's communistic values will put "That's an insult!" before "We need it anyways, let's ignore it!".

In either case, congratulations to the Dalai Lama.
2006-07-27, 4:41 PM #20
Either way, they still don't support the actions of the Chinese government.

I said they cooperate with the government, which is true.
2006-07-28, 11:30 AM #21
"That will harm the Canadian image..."

What they are doing is harming their image even more than what it is.

"But the new Conservative government, which took power in February, is cooler toward Beijing and has already complained about Chinese industrial espionage in Canada."

So they spy on other nations, butcher people for money, violate human rights, democracy, and who knows what more, and no one can give citizenship to a person who is considered in a general sense a world heroe? I know The Dailai Lama has his troubles, and has some real dirty things with him but also there is some good which what I am currently focusing on.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-28, 12:05 PM #22
o.O? Someone posting on Gold's account? :P
2006-07-28, 12:26 PM #23
Its me.. but I've been slightly busy, just taking every chance I get to post something. Like this and the above.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-28, 1:38 PM #24
Quote:
tags in sigs is annoying.
2006-07-28, 1:50 PM #25
China is also building up it's new economy and military entirely off of stolen industrial and military secrets.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-07-28, 1:52 PM #26
True.

[Why is the black girl from that ane movie with the singing nun on Star Trek? 0_o]
2006-07-28, 2:15 PM #27
Because she's a major character in tng :)
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod

↑ Up to the top!