Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What would you choose?
What would you choose?
2006-07-26, 5:42 PM #1
I'd kill, it'll be more useful in the long run.
2006-07-26, 5:46 PM #2
Ability to kill with no negative consequences. With that ability, you can obtain the first choice ;)

(that and the world would be rid of certain individuals :ninja: )
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-26, 5:48 PM #3
There's nobody I really want to kill...
2006-07-26, 5:49 PM #4
what about all those strangers you dont know or care about?

i'd kill random ones of those all the time for a joke.
2006-07-26, 5:49 PM #5
Do I have to chose one? I don't really want either.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-26, 5:50 PM #6
money and fame is a definite... however

the ABILITY to kill without repercussion means you could either be a hitler or a nun, tis up to you. (i'd be a hitler).
2006-07-26, 5:52 PM #7
I wouldn't want to kill whatsoever. No repurcussions wouldn't mean anything for my conscience.

Money and Fame.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-26, 5:53 PM #8
Kill. Then i'd become a famous assassin and get rich or die tryin'. yo.
2006-07-26, 6:06 PM #9
I'm a Christian so "Money and Fame" goes out the door because Christian should not lust after worldly treasures, so I went with "The ability to kill someone at any time and get away with it" instead.

:ninja:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-26, 6:19 PM #10
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Do I have to chose one? I don't really want either.

Same.
nope.
2006-07-26, 6:21 PM #11
Money & fame, because there is really no one I want to kill. Plus, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone. Plus, money is nice to have. It solves more problems than death.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-26, 6:22 PM #12
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]There's nobody I really want to kill...[/QUOTE]

But there are people who will pay you lots of money to kill people they don't like.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-26, 6:23 PM #13
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Money & fame, because there is really no one I want to kill. Plus, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone. Plus, money is nice to have. It solves more problems than death.

And with enough money, you can hire a very high quality hitman to take care of those you want dead.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-26, 6:23 PM #14
Originally posted by Avenger:
But there are people who will pay you lots of money to kill people they don't like.
But if you pick the money option, you can pay someone lots of money to kill people you don't like. ;)

EDIT: Dammit, Zloc, I was getting to that. :mad:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-26, 6:26 PM #15
Money and no Fame I'd rather have.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-26, 6:27 PM #16
Kill, of course.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-26, 6:28 PM #17
But if you pick the money option, you can pay someone lots of money to kill people you don't like. ;)

EDIT: Dammit, Zloc, I was getting to that. :mad:

Yeah, but with the first option, you can still end up in jail.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-26, 6:30 PM #18
Well at least you could hire a good defense attorney. ;)
2006-07-26, 6:36 PM #19
How about you kill a good defense attorney's family as incentive?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-26, 6:40 PM #20
Plus, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone.

I'm okay with it because I play violent video games :o
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-26, 6:53 PM #21
I pick the kill option. However, I would use my death dealing power for good in order to kill villians and only occassionally for puppies.
2006-07-26, 7:01 PM #22

Except, it can be still traced back to you.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-26, 7:12 PM #23
Originally posted by Echoman:

Only if you pick a bad hitman/agency.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-26, 7:23 PM #24
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
I wouldn't want to kill whatsoever. No repurcussions wouldn't mean anything for my conscience.

Money and Fame.

Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-07-26, 7:25 PM #25
i heard from loads of books and documentaries that once you kill the first one, it gets easier... just kill loads, then hire yourself out.
2006-07-26, 7:34 PM #26
Originally posted by SavageX378:
I'm a Christian so "Money and Fame" goes out the door because Christian should not lust after worldly treasures, so I went with "The ability to kill someone at any time and get away with it" instead.

:ninja:

So you'd rather commit a mortal sin than to live in a vice? Good luck in heaven :D

I'd go with Money and Fame. If anything, the second option is included in the first. Money makes any conviction go away. :D
2006-07-26, 8:03 PM #27
Yeah, but with the first option, you can still end up in jail.

Only if you hire a sucky hitman.

I'll take Agent 47, please.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-26, 8:27 PM #28
Money and fame, although I'm not sure I'd want the fame.
2006-07-26, 8:39 PM #29
Originally posted by Echoman:

Well at least you could hire a good defense attorney. ;)
2006-07-26, 8:39 PM #30
Money and Fame is the best way to get anything you want.

Some of you say that if you can kill anyone you want, then you can become rich. I ask: how? The second option does not exempt you from property right related crimes like stealing. You could kill the millionaire but wouldn't have any claim to the money.

As stated above, money and fame help you in a trial. Fame ESPECIALLY. See: the OJ Simpson trial.
2006-07-26, 9:03 PM #31
Contract Assassin. Duh.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-26, 9:29 PM #32
Contract Assassin. Duh.

I haven't looked into it, but accepting payment for that act is probably just as illegal as killing someone. So even if you can't get caught for the killing, they can put you in prison for accepting the money. We're only going by what the options actually give us.

Additionally, if you fail to make the killing (for whatever reason), you have to deal with the consequences of attempted murder, including retribution by the intended victim.

There's also no guarantee that this will be a lucrative business because even if you can't be tied to the killing, the perception of most people is that THEY could go to jail for hiring you, decreasing demand for that service. Also, you assume that there's a high demand for contract killers which I would guess there's not. Especially not among the high dollar clients who like to keep their hands clean and enjoy their money. The people desperate enough to want to kill someone probably won't be able to afford your services and if they can, you aren't making enough to become rich and famous.

I don't want to take so many risks. Ultimately, I'm only seeking money and fame. Might as well skip the steps to it. If you have money and fame, everyone else becomes irrelevant, even those you hate.
2006-07-26, 9:35 PM #33
You should research what it takes to be a bounty hunter. ;) I did a while ago because it sparked my interest and I must say it's pretty fascinating. Apparently, bounty hunters in the United States apprehend more bail-skippers than the authorities do, and there's only 2,000 of them operating in the United States currently. Plus, they legally don't require a warrant to bust into a bail-skipper's home to apprehend him.
2006-07-26, 9:54 PM #34
Fame and money, because there's nobody in the world I really want to kill. And if there is somebody that just has to die, I'll let someone else do the dirty work.
2006-07-26, 9:59 PM #35
Aren't they the same thing?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-26, 10:00 PM #36
No...

There are plenty of famous people who aren't rich, and vice-versa.
2006-07-26, 10:33 PM #37
Kill.

There are just some people who need a glock in the face.

Or a P90.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-26, 10:49 PM #38
What good is being able to kill people you hate on a whim if you can't preserve those you love?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-07-26, 10:54 PM #39
I'd totally kill ppl....cuz i mean....i could kill bill gates and take his money and get away with it....and it would be like having both choices in one :P
2006-07-26, 10:56 PM #40
[QUOTE=THE ALphA]I'd totally kill ppl....cuz i mean....i could kill bill gates and take his money and get away with it....and it would be like having both choices in one :P[/QUOTE]
I think they'd kind of have you on the grand larceny charge. Or whatever it is.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!