Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh Oblivion..how I've grown to love thee.
Oh Oblivion..how I've grown to love thee.
2006-07-26, 8:00 PM #1
And only in one day's time, too. So, post your favorite experiences with Oblivion (try to keep it spoiler free, or tag it).

By far my favorite thing that happened thus far is getting a guard's armor legally, for free. There's a ship in the Waterfront of the first city (I forgot the name already. Damn.) where this girl tells you "If you come aboard my ship, me and my mates will kill you.". I, being the daring young Dark Elf that I am, boarded the ship and immediately ran back off, 3 people chasing me. I ran down the path, and came to a guard. All 3 people attacked the guard, and forgot about me. The guard killed 2 of them, and injured the last one 75%. I killed the remaining guy, looted the guard for his sword and shield (I threw away the other stuff, too heavy) and took the peoples' Cutlasses. And it was all legal since I was just looting bodies!

Man this game is gonna be fun...I just joined the Thieves' Guild, and on my way to joining the Dark Brotherhood (committed the first act to get noticed, just have to do the final task before they truly accept me).

Post your favorite Oblivion experiences.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-26, 8:19 PM #2
Ha, another hooked.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-26, 8:21 PM #3
more like another one who'll need hookers later in life. :v:
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-07-26, 8:24 PM #4
lol.

Seb wins :(
2006-07-26, 8:25 PM #5
You didn't explain this to me, Jep. WHAT AREN'T YOU TELLING ME!?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-26, 8:33 PM #6
Oblivion is a drug for a while, but dont worry, it wears off. Take some kid, you'll like it.
2006-07-26, 8:38 PM #7
Fun for a week.
2006-07-26, 8:41 PM #8
Or a couple days if you're jaded.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-26, 8:43 PM #9
In the dark brotherhood mission "Whodunit" I made the noble royal guy kill the little old lady. Funniest thing I've seen so far.

Hah
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-26, 8:54 PM #10
Oblivion (and Morrowind before it) felt like playing an MMO without any other people playing... So yeah, they both failed to keep me interested very long at all.
2006-07-26, 9:33 PM #11
Wait, isn't that a plus? You know, if you want, I can make a mod where all of the NPCs and adventurers say things like "ur aggroing, thatz y we r losing" and "200 DPK bonus 4 sneak attk!"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-26, 10:02 PM #12
Well, that definitely would not be a plus.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-27, 3:20 AM #13
Did the Thieves' Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and part of the Mage's Guild. Started the main quest, lost interest, can't bring myself to get back into it =/

The Brotherhood quests were definately some of my favourite moments, though. They did a good job of diversifying how you went about your work.
2006-07-27, 4:15 AM #14
I want to see someone mod scarves and other necklaces in (acutally, I had an idea for necklaces made of, like, the ears of yor victims, but that sounds like a bit much), because Amulets get tiring and I want to have a cool scarf.

-Hats would be good too. Actually, I haven't checked the mod community lately, there might be some cool stuff out there.
2006-07-27, 6:16 AM #15
Originally posted by Jepman:
Ha, another hooked.

For a few weeks at most.
2006-07-27, 6:42 AM #16
Yea, I know

Even I'm not hooked to it at all anymore. I haven't played the game in 2 months.
2006-07-27, 10:17 AM #17
Oblivion was a phenomenal flop compared to Morrowind. No one wants to seem to admit it, but I will.
2006-07-27, 10:19 AM #18
I didn't play any Elder Scrolls game before but got Oblivion anyway, I guess games need to have some other than an "omg medieval kingdoms, swords, destinies and guilds" setting to get me into them :mad:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-27, 10:37 AM #19
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Oblivion was a phenomenal flop compared to Morrowind. No one wants to seem to admit it, but I will.

I agree. It just had a lot of "shock and awe" when you first play it.
2006-07-27, 11:00 AM #20
For me, it was a shock of deception at first, and the crappy terrain graphics, then I came to love the game for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, then eventually got bored of it.

Modding the game is fun but after I'm done my current projects, I'll move on to another engine. Mostlikely Dark Messiah and NWN2
2006-07-27, 12:25 PM #21
Download my Creatures Alive mod, Zloc.

http://www.tessource.net/files/cache/5251.html

I'm working on bringing life and improved behaviors to all non-quest NPCs also:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=501934

Eventually Oblivion will be sick. Its just going to take a lot of modding. Oblivion was released in such a 'boring' state.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-27, 3:06 PM #22
Do they require me starting a new game or losing some sort of save file?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-27, 3:37 PM #23
Nope, just place the .esp in your \Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder, load the OB manager, click "Data Files" and then just enable it.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-27, 8:23 PM #24
Post good mods.

I demand it.
2006-07-27, 8:38 PM #25
I just made a new mod.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-27, 9:05 PM #26
That's a pretty good mod idea. Maybe JEPMAN could help you with it.

:v:
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-28, 9:24 AM #27
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Oblivion certainly has its merits. Combat is infinitely better than Morrowind, as are the quests and NPCs.
2006-07-28, 9:36 AM #28
It's really satisfying to make a cheat character armed with a large hammer, and go around smashing beggars and people trying to talk to others.

"Hail, sir."
"Have you been to the- *SMASH*"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-28, 9:40 AM #29
Originally posted by Seb:
more like another one who'll need hookers later in life. :v:

CASSÉ!

↑ Up to the top!