Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ranting time!!
Ranting time!!
2006-07-27, 2:01 PM #1
Wow I could not be any more pissed at my mom right now than ever. She just completely forgot I existed while I was supposed to be at a guitar lesson half an hour ago.

Okay, last night for example. I was in the city by myself waiting for her to pick me up. She was supposed to pick me up in 20 minutes, but I ended up waiting an hour. See, she told me that she had to answer a phone call, get the dog (a 2 minute round trip), and somehow her girlfriend ended up in the car. So she somehow was an hour late picking me up. What the F***.

Now, today, I had a guitar lesson at 4:30. My ex-gf called me and told me she wanted to walk to the lesson together with me. The lesson takes place in another town 30 minutes away, where my dad has an apartmen about a 5 minutes walk away from this lesson. So, I'm thinking, I can get a ride to my dads and walk to the lesson with the ex-gf. Well guess what, my mom is blissfully unaware that I have a lesson, like I've been having for the last 3 years. She completely neglects my existance and I end up missing this meeting with my ex AND my lesson, which I look forward to because I'm learning an awesome song.

I am completely f***ing sick of being shuffled around because my mom's schedule is sooo important to her. Seriously, I can never rely on her to be somewhere on time because she can't simply tell her clients that she has to pick me up and she'll be back in half an hour. Grrr.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:03 PM #2
Get a drivers license. Problem solved. Or a bicycle.

Cue the emo pics!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-27, 2:05 PM #3
Of your mom!
2006-07-27, 2:06 PM #4
You can't just... get a driver's license. It takes at least a year.

I'm in driver's ed right now. I get my permit in a week, then it'll be another 6 months before I can get my license. And even THEN, my parents refuse to let me use any of thier cars because they'll be too "busy", and there's no way in hell I can get enough money for a car, since I can't get a job. Plus, I live too far away from anywhere that a bicycle would be useless. It'd take half a day to ride to my guitar lesson.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:06 PM #5
:v:
Attachment: 13360/linkinparkangst2yv1av.jpg (72,590 bytes)
2006-07-27, 2:17 PM #6
ever heard of a bus?
2006-07-27, 2:22 PM #7
AGAIN. There are no buses that come out to where I live! There aren't any that even come to near where I live. I live in the absolute boonies, and the only way I can get a ride is with my parents.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:23 PM #8
OMGTEHHORROR. TEH HORROR. HIDETHECHILDREN. (and you know, take naked pics of the women)

oh and btw, that's really silly, your uhm, situation. What's even more silly(er) is that you even posted it. Come to think of it. It's more like haha. silly. not like omg lame silly. Now go to your room and think of what you just did.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:26 PM #9
Originally posted by Zell:
AGAIN. There are no buses that come out to where I live! There aren't any that even come to near where I live. I live in the absolute boonies, and the only way I can get a ride is with my parents.

Ride a bike.
2006-07-27, 2:26 PM #10
i dunno, it seems about as bad as cancer.
2006-07-27, 2:27 PM #11
come to think of it. it's even worse.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:28 PM #12
Originally posted by tofu:
Ride a bike.

Hurrr. >.<

It sounds silly when you read it, but it's not so silly to me. Do you know how ****ing annoying it is to be completely forgotten by your parents when you really want to get somewhere to see someone or do something? Plus, look at it this way; at least it isn't a typical 'omgz girl troublez' thread. I decided to stop making those a long time ago. :P
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:29 PM #13
Is your mom's car the only car in your backwater town that has no means of public transportation? But, yeah, I see what you're talking about. Em. Tough titties.
幻術
2006-07-27, 2:30 PM #14
yeah, you're right, its not the omgz girl troublez thread, it's the "omgz parentz troublez" thread.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:33 PM #15
Hurrr. >.<

It sounds silly when you read it, but it's not so silly to me. Do you know how ****ing annoying it is to be completely forgotten by your parents when you really want to get somewhere to see someone or do something? Plus, look at it this way; at least it isn't a typical 'omgz girl troublez' thread. I decided to stop making those a long time ago. :P

It's touygh luck, almost every other kid goes through the exact same thing. My advice is to get it bike.

Alternatively: Your parents don't love you.
2006-07-27, 2:33 PM #16
Yeah, that's much better, isn't it? At least with a parents troubles thread, we don't have people boasting about how much action they get from girls. :v:

And Koobie, what do you mean? I can't very well ask neighbors to drive me places, that's just.. not done. For hopefully obvious reasons. :/

Tofu, have you even read my second post? I already said riding a bike would take half a day to get anywhere I have to get.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:34 PM #17
Get a helicopter!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-27, 2:34 PM #18
Now we're talking.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:35 PM #19
yes, right again. here you just have people saying how much their parents love them.

all in all. same ****, different smell.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:39 PM #20
And Koobie, what do you mean? I can't very well ask neighbors to drive me places, that's just.. not done. For hopefully obvious reasons. :/

Well, what I mean is, you surely might have a few friends or relatives with cars. Or heck, just hitchhike or something. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if getting there was so important to you, you probably would've found a way. So don't get pissed at your mom. It's not HER fault that YOU didn't get somewhere.
幻術
2006-07-27, 2:39 PM #21
[edit- @Zell]

Ever heard of shoddy American Public transportation systems?

I've lived in my suburb most of my life, within 20 minutes of Baltimore and Annapolis, Maryland. We "have a public transportation system." In my seventeen years, I have never seen a single bus.

Oh, scratch that. last week I saw my first. But it wasn't on duty.

A lot of places don't have, or if they do have, don't have decent reliable, public transportation systems.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-07-27, 2:40 PM #22
Yeah, have you ever heard of a Bus? :ninja:
2006-07-27, 2:41 PM #23
yup. Bus. thread over :P
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:42 PM #24
Yeah, just get a Bus
2006-07-27, 2:43 PM #25
Originally posted by Koobie:
Well, what I mean is, you surely might have a few friends or relatives with cars. Or heck, just hitchhike or something. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if getting there was so important to you, you probably would've found a way. So don't get pissed at your mom. It's not HER fault that YOU didn't get somewhere.

That's possible, I suppose, but not something I can really just go out and do. And me not getting somewhere was half of my rant; the other half was about how pissed I am that my mom forgot about me, because her job is more important than anything else. Except her girlfriend. Oh no, if SHE needs to get somewhere, my mom will bend her schedule to make it work however she can. >.<
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-27, 2:43 PM #26
Yeah. Just do it. Get a Bus that is.

*smile*

edit: dude, what part of get a bus dont you understand?
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:44 PM #27
That's possible, I suppose, but not something I can really just go out and do. And me not getting somewhere was half of my rant; the other half was about how pissed I am that my mom forgot about me, because her job is more important than anything else. Except her girlfriend. Oh no, if SHE needs to get somewhere, my mom will bend her schedule to make it work however she can. >.<

Maybe if you just get a buspass...
2006-07-27, 2:48 PM #28
Or a helicopter pass...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-27, 2:50 PM #29
Don't mind Nitro. He's just bitter because he doesn't have pie.
幻術
2006-07-27, 2:52 PM #30
[http://www.maryannsmialek.com/images/bus_book.gif]

argh. i need.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:52 PM #31
Originally posted by Spork:
Or a helicopter pass...

omg yes. That is the solution to this thread. Get a helicopter pass!
2006-07-27, 2:54 PM #32
be carefull if you take the bus.

[http://www.ala.org/Images/ALSC/pigeon.jpg]

Pigeons are evil and want to eat your guitar.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:54 PM #33
The bus... The bus... The bus is on fire...

[http://www.baldwinems.com/Training/Bus%20Crash%20Review/Mass%20Transit%20Bus%20Fire_small.jpg]
幻術
2006-07-27, 2:56 PM #34
probably the driver was a pigeon. that's a big no no.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 2:56 PM #35
Originally posted by Nitropenguin:
Pigeons are evil and want to eat your guitar.

We need a Photoshop image of a pigeon driving a bus and eating a guitar.
幻術
2006-07-27, 2:57 PM #36
*waits*
Pie.
2006-07-27, 3:00 PM #37
Tofu, have you even read my second post? I already said riding a bike would take half a day to get anywhere I have to get.

My ex-gf called me and told me she wanted to walk to the lesson together with me. The lesson takes place in another town 30 minutes away, where my dad has an apartmen about a 5 minutes walk away from this lesson.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Sounds like you're just a lazy *******.
2006-07-27, 3:03 PM #38
[http://www.forbesbookclub.com/bookimages/ingram/078/681/0786818697.gif]
No one can understand the ways of the guitar eating bus drving hotdog finding killer pigeon.
Pie.
2006-07-27, 3:03 PM #39
I think I'm going to go eat a pizza now. Upon my return, I expect PHOTOSHOP.
幻術
2006-07-27, 3:15 PM #40
Originally posted by tofu:
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Sounds like you're just a lazy *******.

30 minutes by car. Most of which is highway.
DO NOT WANT.

↑ Up to the top!