Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → And we have a winner.
And we have a winner.
2004-06-27, 4:05 PM #1
As if we haven't had enough threads about the OSC photoshop contest, we've got one more. The winner of the first (and hopefully not last) OSC Photoshop Extravaganza is Jim7's entry of Spaceketballs by unanamous vote. Overall it's the one that made us laugh the hardest, and best fit into the category of "Big Budget Hollywood Films You'd Never Want To See". Though there were more professional looking entries, we were going with our guts on funny factor.

Kudos to Tyler who blew us away with a visually astounding entry (Dictionary: The Movie). And a big thank you to everybody who participated in the contest.

For those of you who haven't looked at the entries yet, go over to http://www.oscempire.net and click the link in the box on the left side. You'll see some great work that your fellow Massassians put together. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-27, 4:09 PM #2
Hooray for Jim.

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-06-27, 4:18 PM #3
For those of us who don't know wtf this OSC photoshop contest is (i.e. me), where can we get filled in and\or see the entries?
DO NOT WANT.
2004-06-27, 4:22 PM #4
/me laughs

http://www.oscempire.net/index.php?show=pscontest

That's a direct link to the contest. We held it for a matter of about a month in length and it was open to anybody (even Canadians shhhh) to enter to win a free DVD. All you had to do was make a movie poster for a big budget movie that nobody would want to see. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-27, 4:30 PM #5
That Dictionary one is pure genius. Brilliant, purely brilliant.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-27, 6:20 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
That Dictionary one is pure genius. Brilliant, purely brilliant.

</font>

I agree.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-27, 7:12 PM #7
The dictionary one should have won by far.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-27, 8:24 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raoul Duke:
The dictionary one should have won by far.</font>

It's the only original one there. All the others are takeoffs.

[This message has been edited by Acharjay (edited June 27, 2004).]
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-06-27, 8:32 PM #9
Woody Allen was pretty sweet too.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-27, 9:29 PM #10
Quote:
The dictionary one should have won by far.

</font>

That's what I was gonna say. It's not only graphically the best, but also the funniest!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-27, 11:11 PM #11
...so maybe we all should have voted. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-28, 3:09 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
Woody Allen was pretty sweet too.

</font>

<3

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-28, 3:28 AM #13
They were all pretty damn funny!

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-28, 4:13 AM #14
I like the Dictionary one, too. Still, the contest was to please the OSCers the most, and Jim's entry clearly did. Grats to him [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-28, 4:33 AM #15
I don't know. Graphically I agree with all of you. I think it should have won based on looks. But I didn't really laugh as hard with it as I did with Spaceketballs. I appreciated Tyler coming out for the contest, as he's a lurker here but thought enough of it to make such a great entry... I might make a second prize too. *shrug* We'll see. I've got to go to work now though.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-28, 8:52 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
That Dictionary one is pure genius. Brilliant, purely brilliant.</font>

"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-06-28, 9:28 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:
I don't know. Graphically I agree with all of you. I think it should have won based on looks. But I didn't really laugh as hard with it as I did with Spaceketballs. I appreciated Tyler coming out for the contest, as he's a lurker here but thought enough of it to make such a great entry... I might make a second prize too. *shrug* We'll see. I've got to go to work now though.

</font>

Quite frankly I can't see how you even laughed at any of them. still the dictionary one is more clever.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-28, 9:54 AM #18
How can you not? They were friggin hilarious.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-28, 10:47 AM #19
The dictionary one was awesome. I didn't find the Spaceketball picture all that funny, but people have different tastes, I guess.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-06-28, 1:10 PM #20
I really wanted "Dictionary" to win. That was my first choice. But, it would seem "Spaceketballs" was the winner. And yeah...to be honest, I didn't get a chuckle out of it too. But, what's done is done.

I say that next time around the public decides instead of 3+ guys.

And Yecti's gonna eat me alive.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-28, 4:05 PM #21
The only problem with the public voting is there is a lot more maintenence involved because we can't use an automated system to exclude the contestants... I suppose we could subtract one vote for obviousness from the winner.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-28, 4:39 PM #22
after some consideration we've decided to call it a tie between Jim's entry and Tyler's.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-28, 5:16 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:
after some consideration we've decided to call it a tie between Jim's entry and Tyler's.

</font>

YAY!

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-28, 5:45 PM #24
So What? They get half a DVD each?

------------------
2004-06-28, 6:38 PM #25
Quote:
So What? They get half a DVD each?

</font>

Nah, one gets the movie, ones gets the special features disk.

------------------
"It's OK for us to randomly attack people!"
-BV

o.0

↑ Up to the top!