Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "That was the longest night of Andy Dufrene's life."
"That was the longest night of Andy Dufrene's life."
2006-07-29, 8:04 PM #1
Mmm. I just watched that movie on TV for the first time (uncensored, it was on Encore). Positively AMAZING movie. Just amazing. It astounds me how much I liked that movie.

Brooks was a great character, as was, well, all of the major (or relatively major) roles in the movie. Some of those lines were delivered perfectly (Can you get Rita Hayewood?) and I loved seeing the leader of the Sisters (what was that guy's name?) get the **** kicked out of him.

So post some other relatively old (pre-2000) movies that are 100% awesome, and should be seen by others.

Oh, and if you haven't seen The Abyss, it's pretty freakin' good too.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-29, 8:04 PM #2
I think it's like Dufrense or something
2006-07-29, 8:51 PM #3
Dufresne
Pissed Off?
2006-07-29, 8:55 PM #4
Great film, but TBS shows it way too often.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-07-29, 9:00 PM #5
Gah, I'm one S off. Did they ever show his name, aside from the credits (which I didn't watch)?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-29, 10:01 PM #6
I actually saw this for the first time last night aswell, rented. Was very good.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-07-29, 10:15 PM #7
I watched the whole thing all the way through a couple of weeks ago.
A really good movie, one which needs to be seen on the big screen.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"

↑ Up to the top!