Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I see on front page.
I see on front page.
2006-07-29, 9:37 PM #1
Japan will be taking over the world soon. Post worries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwbUljGs3g
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2006-07-29, 9:48 PM #2
Gah. That looks so inefficient and would be so easy to blind-side in a battle. And how would it fair on rough terrain?

I don't think it'll ever be put into combat, just some random guys making a robot walker thing.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-29, 9:51 PM #3
I want one.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-07-29, 9:51 PM #4
NES -> SNES -> N64 -> GCN -> Wii

Everything gets better. Over time.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2006-07-29, 9:55 PM #5
Even, so, 2 legs that are inorganic would be a ***** to maintain in somewhere with deep ravines and tall hils/small mountains. And unless that cab turns uber-fast, a guerilla could easily take one of those out.

From my limited MGS experience, I think they even touched on this in MGS 3 and why it would be inefficient.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-29, 10:00 PM #6
A guerilla? Heck, a chimp could knock that thing over.
2006-07-29, 10:07 PM #7
This is a freakin building block, just like the Wright brothers plane was a building block for modern jets. Sooner or later, we'll probably see some really hi-tech walkers being built.
2006-07-29, 10:13 PM #8
Meh. I saw this a year and a half ago, so they've probably come a long way since then.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-07-29, 10:43 PM #9
Don't tell me. It's a two legged walker that looks like it's gonna fall over every time it takes a step, and by step I mean sliding it's feet.

Am I right?

http://www.sakakibara-kikai.co.jp/products/other/LW.htm

They need to do something about that cockpit swaying. Maybe it's limited by it's powerplant.

It's still got nothing on the 1/3 Scale Zeta Gundam.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mutantfrog/tags/gundam/
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-07-29, 10:45 PM #10
Man, such a pessimist.
2006-07-29, 11:01 PM #11
lol, not useful for anything. Anything. Whatsoever.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-29, 11:11 PM #12
I beg to differ freelancer. Take that baby on the freeway late at night and shoot at cars with your nerf gun, get them scared and screeching. Totally worth it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-07-29, 11:27 PM #13
. . .It looks like a huge toddler toy. I doubt Luke Skywalker would have any trouble gutting it and chucking grandes inside. . . Infact, I think rocks could take it out.

Though. . .50 years from now they might have something totally awesome come of this.
My blawgh.
2006-07-29, 11:32 PM #14
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I doubt Luke Skywalker would have any trouble gutting it and chucking grandes inside.
Well, sure, but he didn't have any trouble doing that to an AT-AT either. :P
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-29, 11:36 PM #15
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Well, sure, but he didn't have any trouble doing that to an AT-AT either. :P

Well yeah, but I mean he would have Less-none-any-trouble! It would be as easy as whining on massassi about girl troubles :v:
My blawgh.
2006-07-30, 12:15 AM #16
Damn.
Well, Japan's our buddies now, but I fear for North Korea come 30-odd years down the line when that last straw hits the camel's back and NK tries nuking... well, anybody.

-Imagine a few dozen battalions of agile, armored, dexterous, and very well armed versions of those marching across the DMZ. It'll make Battlefield 2142 look like a choppy video game.
2006-07-30, 2:05 AM #17
Fake.

↑ Up to the top!