Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Let's hear it for the procrastinators! (Click now, not later.)
Let's hear it for the procrastinators! (Click now, not later.)
2003-12-23, 1:31 PM #1
So, who else has no gifts wrapped yet as well as shoping still to do?

Let's talk about gifts too! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Well, my shopping is kind of bare this year. The actual only gifts I have to wrap at the moment are some DVDs for my Mom. The other gift I'm giving her is I'm going to buy us an artificial tree that she wants (Since we always get real, but she wants like a white, already lit artificial).

My brother, I was going to get him new lenses for a current set of Oakleys he has, but the Oakley store is out of them, so when he finds some, I'll be buying them for him. (I might get him something tommorrow in Fry's just so he has something to open from me Thursday.)

My brother and I also went together on a present for both our Grandparents, and it is already wrapped.

My Dad, who lives in East Texas (I live in Central) can't make it down till end of January because of back problems, so I'm hoping the gift I give him might come down in price by then, or have a good sale on it. I also forgot to get a card to him early on, so a card I send tommorrow won't get there till probably Saturday. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

I'll also be picking up something tommorrow from Fry's for my best friend, and although I have a good idea what I want to give him, I also might buy him something else as well. (Maybe some hood scoops for his Jeep that he wants.)

Discussion!

------------------
Please frame your insults in the form of a question.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2003-12-23, 1:33 PM #2
I can't think of anything for my dad [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] I went shopping today...parking lots are suicide

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2003-12-23, 1:36 PM #3
pfft, I still have all of tommorow to do my shopping.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-23, 1:38 PM #4
I'm completely broke so I didn't get to buy anyone any presents this year, which is really disapointing because there's some people I really wanted to get stuff for.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-23, 1:40 PM #5
I've learned my lesson in years past, so I have all my stuff bough, wrapped, and under the tree.

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-23, 1:42 PM #6
I have most of my presents bought, I'll have a wrapping-marathon tomorrow (along with the rest of my family) and I just need to get my dad something!
MQ had a good idea but I found out he's not really all that into the peanuts comic so that's a bust

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule

[This message has been edited by sugarless5 (edited December 23, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by sugarless5 (edited December 23, 2003).]
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2003-12-23, 2:05 PM #7
... Meh, when people don't even give you time to shop for them because they all want a piece of you, screw them, I say.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-23, 2:27 PM #8
I have not done one damned thing shopping wise. I probably won't either since I REALLY do not want to brave parking lots and dumb people in shopping centers. That and I have to save up for next year's tuition.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-23, 2:32 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
I have not done one damned thing shopping wise. I probably won't either since I REALLY do not want to brave parking lots and dumb people in shopping centers. That and I have to save up for next year's tuition.

</font>

Exactly. Shopping during December sucks. And the stinking tuition went up again. Damn this state. Our governator had better fix it real quick.
2003-12-23, 2:34 PM #10
For the first time in the history of me buying xmas pressies, I got my shopping done before December 24th. It's a festivus miracle!

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-23, 2:48 PM #11
I've only gotten presents for two people...and neither are wrapped.

------------------
The Matrix: Unplugged
2003-12-23, 4:06 PM #12
I'm going shopping tomorrow. I have to get presents for four people, and have $18. Bah.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2003-12-23, 4:12 PM #13
we finished our shopping yesterday (except for my mom who needed to go someplace without me to get the 1 thing i'm getting for christmas that i don't know what it is and won't know until then) and i didn't get a chance to wrap the stuff we got for my dad until today because of all the running around places looking for stuff

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-23, 4:57 PM #14
I don't have a job, thus I cannot buy anyone gifts. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-23, 9:31 PM #15
The only thing I'm getting anyone for Christmas is a front door deadbolt key for my brother, so he'll quit blaming me when he gets locked out. Idiot.

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2003-12-23, 9:54 PM #16
In my house, not a single soul has a gift under the tree and it seems that no one is going to get a single gift this year. You see, we are extremely poor this year and we don't have the funds to get each other gifts. My sister just got married a little over a month ago and she and her husband can't by anything either. Because of that, Christmas will have to be just another day for us. I don't really mind too much because I'm not the kind of person that desires too much of anything. A graphics card would have been nice but I understand that my family is poor so I won't beg for it. Oh well. I guess we can always get some gifts later next year. I think we might be able to at least go to a movie or have some kind of dinner to celebrate the holiday. It's a good thing that I am a Christian because the birth of Jesus Christ is in itself a good enough reason to be joyful.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-23, 11:23 PM #17
I spent around £50 on presents... nd in some cases I didn't really want to. I was nearly going into my "Christmas Present" bank.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-24, 1:52 AM #18
Got everything by the 22nd and wrapped it the 23rd. I was going to buy lift tickets for my sister and her boyfriend but nobody local sells them. Thus, I'm going to have to think of something REAL QUICK for those two. Other than that, it's all good.
2003-12-24, 5:29 AM #19
i'm going christmas shopping on saturday, its cheap, nobody about and it gets it off your mind for a whole year.

------------------
mmm, smells like something burning.
2003-12-24, 6:18 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
i'm going christmas shopping on saturday, its cheap, nobody about and it gets it off your mind for a whole year.

</font>

. . .

You mean, like, for next year? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-24, 9:45 AM #21
it's 20:40 on the 24th and I need to wrap stuff..but I'm too tired. Hopefully I'll wake up early enough to do it tomorrow

------------------
maeve is learning to sit up
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2003-12-24, 9:55 AM #22
After reading this thread, I have decided to go wrap now.
2003-12-24, 11:03 AM #23
I finished shopping monday, wrapped tuesday. I think i set a world record too, I was in and out of walmart monday in 5 minutes.
2003-12-24, 11:09 AM #24
I bought two things for my mom and stepdad today, I'm going to wrap those after dinner. I still need to get stuff for four or five of my friends, but I probably won't see them for a few days so I'll get their stuff on the 27th hopefully.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2003-12-24, 11:11 AM #25
Well, I was gonna post something worth reading, but, meh. I'll do it tomorrow

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)