Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cures for boredom...
Cures for boredom...
2004-06-29, 6:14 PM #1
You guys seem to always come through...

Summer has arrived, and the boredom has begun ALOT sooner than expected.

I need something to do to occupy myself and I'd prefer it if you guys didn't give me rediculous answers. As funny as they are, they don't help much.

So here's the situation. What games I have are becoming boreing and mindnumbing really. Most I've played quite a few times now, so I know what'll happen, and well, there isn't any thought involved. I've got no projects currently in Photoshop or Bryce to occupy me. I take that back, if the stupid render I've had going for the past 3 nights will FINISH I might have something, but it's more or less just a test than a project... I don't have a driver's liscense. I'm a huge lamer, I know. 18 in September and I don't have that yet. So I obviously can't go anywhere unless I ask someone. The liscense, by the way, is on my list of things to have done hopefully by the end of July. I don't have anything really interesting to read.

I think you should be getting the picture...

I've been finding myself online from 9ish to midnight some nights doing nothing but idleing really... Most of my friends are on, but off doing other things (they seem not have a problem with boredom...).

I've got a computer I could order, but my mom is making me put it off until I've cleaned my room extensively. IE: moving all the furnature about and vacuuming, then washing the walls. Bah. I started a week ago. I discovered I have a lot of crap. I threw out an entire box of stuff last night.

Ok, I'm babbling and ranting now. I guess I'm basically looking for suggestions for ANYTHING to do. We'll take it from there.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-29, 6:17 PM #2
http://www.addictinggames.com

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-29, 6:40 PM #3
www.natural-selection.org

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-06-29, 6:52 PM #4
Just stab yourself in the arm with an ice pick. It's fun to watch yourself bleed. And if you loose enough blood, you'll pass out, and not have to worry about being bored. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-29, 6:57 PM #5
http://www.cityofheroes.com/

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-29, 7:10 PM #6
I could teach you about computers and tell you why you're making a wrong decision in ordering this computer [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-29, 7:33 PM #7
Get a job.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-06-29, 7:38 PM #8
Do what i'm doing this summer. Make a movie [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-06-29, 8:13 PM #9
^wut stat said^

There's nothing more un-boring than having some extra cash to spend. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

[This message has been edited by Delphian (edited June 29, 2004).]
2004-06-30, 3:58 AM #10
A job is for people who are too lazy to think up an easier scheme to get cash.

Scheme!

Scheming can be fun, especially if the end result is something cheek.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-30, 4:52 AM #11
Stats right. Get a kakking job you bum.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-30, 4:56 AM #12
The answer to your boredom is in your post. Clean your room.

Alternatively, try to catch frogs (toads) and take pictures of them and then post them here.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-06-30, 5:56 AM #13
A job is not really a 'cure' for boredom as you still have that period where you are actually AT the job.

The money can lead to non-boredom, true...
2004-06-30, 7:34 AM #14
I'll just go through these in the order they were presented.

1) I don't much like stabbing myself. It hurts just a little bit, and I don't much like pain.

2) Don't you have to pay for that game? Or is there a demo/trial? I don't have time to check the link right now.

3) By order I did NOT mean buy something prebuilt. I hate those as they seem to include loads of crap I don't want and will never use. They also come with XP. I don't like XP. I'm order COMPONENTS so I can build it meself.

4) I'm working on it.

5) That's a possibility... I do have iMovie... and a very crappy USB camera... Hmm...

6) Scheme? I scheme quite well, the problem around here is finding some poor shumck who'll fall for it and doesn't know me.

7) GBK, I'm working on it... Albiet, uh... slowly, I am working on it.

8) Clean my room... Yeah, that stays entertaining for all of 15 minutes for me. And thats the part where I pull everything down. After that I have to dust and vacuum and put everything back. That's when it gets boreing. We don't have many frogs around here, so that doesn't work.

Wraa...

I decided last night what I really need to do is get the hell out of the house. I need to get out and do something and see someone... I'm working on that too... All this work, and nothing seems to be happening...

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-06-30, 4:51 PM #15
bah. BUMP.

Help the Phoenix be un-bored.

Pwease?

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-06-30, 4:59 PM #16
Dude, just, like, take a vacation somewhere or somethin man. Like South America or the Bahamas or something. Just do somethin to get outta da house or something, g.

------------------
If you can read this you're
TOO DAMN CLOSE!!
2004-06-30, 5:12 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Stats right. Get a kakking job you bum.

</font>

Okay Mr. "I'm unemployed for over a year with no good reason"

And yes, I realize you finally got a job. Finally.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-30, 5:22 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">2) Don't you have to pay for that game? Or is there a demo/trial? I don't have time to check the link right now.
</font>
You're bored to death but you "don't have the time"? Now you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just so you know, if you get a job, you'll still be bored. The only thing different is you are getting paid to be bored.

Like others have said, go get a job(there is no such thing "I'm working on it". That does not put money in your pocket. Start busting your balls and getting out there). Get your driver's license ASAP. Do not put it off.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 30, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-30, 5:39 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Okay Mr. "I'm unemployed for over a year with no good reason"

And yes, I realize you finally got a job. Finally.

</font>

Snap much? I think he was kidding around a bit CM.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 5:49 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Okay Mr. "I'm unemployed for over a year with no good reason"</font>

...Dont start. Just dont.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!