Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quake 3 Arena
Quake 3 Arena
2004-06-30, 1:11 PM #1
Anyone got a copy they'd be willing to part with for free or for a small fee? I've got no valid CD key, so can't play online unless I host, which is crappy. E-mail me at djyoshi@gmail.com if you're interested. Or something like that. Yah.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 1:23 PM #2
How expensive can that game be at this point in time?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-30, 1:37 PM #3
yeah, it's pretty cheap right now, if you went to like a walmart near you you could find a jewel-case copy for just 10 bucks I think

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-06-30, 1:53 PM #4
If you'll notice, it's not the price, it's the availability. Wal-Mart doesn't have it, and the only place that MIGHT is 30 miles away.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 2:12 PM #5
best buy should have it if you have one near you

if not ebay/half.com is your friend

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-30, 2:53 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
best buy should have it if you have one near you

if not ebay/half.com is your friend

</font>

One--Best Buy is the one that's 30 miles away, along with EB, and Gamestop, and every other store.

Two--I don't trust ebay, but maybe half. Maybe.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 3:10 PM #7
Your fear of eBay is irrational. Just get it from someone with a good feedback rating and there will be no problems

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-30, 3:33 PM #8
BS. I've purchased 3 things from ebay and out of those, two were screwed up (and yes, they had 100% positive feedback). First screwed up thing never got here, and the guy wouldn't give a refund even though he never sent it (he kept insisting he sent it and resent it and so on and so forth). Eventually I got paypal to give the money back. Second time, the guy sold a "12mb voodoo2 creative labs" to me (which was to SLI with the one I had at the time), and after it not working, I realized he had mailed an 8MB version. Jerk. So no, your fear of ebay is NOT irrational.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-06-30, 3:45 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
BS. I've purchased 3 things from ebay and out of those, two were screwed up (and yes, they had 100% positive feedback). First screwed up thing never got here, and the guy wouldn't give a refund even though he never sent it (he kept insisting he sent it and resent it and so on and so forth). Eventually I got paypal to give the money back. Second time, the guy sold a "12mb voodoo2 creative labs" to me (which was to SLI with the one I had at the time), and after it not working, I realized he had mailed an 8MB version. Jerk. So no, your fear of ebay is NOT irrational.

</font>

i've purchased... 46 items on ebay and i've been burned 1.5 times the first time was for a copy of GTA:VC for $30 but that guy was "selling" a bunch of PS2s and games so i thought maybe a store closing or something that guy was eventually arrested and the .5 is something i'm working on... 4 months the guy told me he sent it twice and then said he was gonna give me a refund... i'm getting his phone number and calling him

the other 44 items were all recieved... either quickly and without trouble or recieved after a semi-long wait and a few emails to the seller

only 1 person has recieved negative feedback from me (the guy who got arrested had his account suspended before i could leave any kind of feedback)

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-06-30, 3:55 PM #10
Quote:

</font>

That's what I'm talking about. I know places like eBay you can get PLENTY of good experiences. Sometimes you can never get a bad one. But something that big you just never know. If it was something else smaller, or more discreet (hardforums), then I'd be happy to do it. But the risk at eBay is just too much for me.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 3:57 PM #11
Quote:

</font>

that is wy you do things like read the feedback. also, 100% good means nothing if they only have two feedback comments.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-06-30, 4:05 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
that is wy you do things like read the feedback. also, 100% good means nothing if they only have two feedback comments.

</font>

especially if all the feedback is from sellers

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-06-30, 5:58 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:

</font>

I know my friend did, and still the feedback was spoofed. The guy was just really good at spoofing.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 6:00 PM #14
I hear kazaa has a good deal on Q3.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-06-30, 6:17 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoESC:
I hear kazaa has a good deal on Q3.

</font>

are you that desparate to anger a random admin?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!

↑ Up to the top!