Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why has no one mentioned Arthur?
Why has no one mentioned Arthur?
2004-06-30, 4:23 AM #1
King Arthur looks like it could be an awesome movie . . . I'm amazed that not a single Massassian has really mentioned it. I did a forum search and could find hardly anything. Anyway, in my book, it looks like it could turn out to be an one of the best movies of the summer. Me and my friend are going to go see it. Interestingly enough, we went to go see Pirates of the Caribbean as well (connection anyone? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ). It comes out July 7th in the U.S., I'm not sure about Europe and Australasia.

If you want to check out t3h webby =>>> http://kingarthur.movies.go.com

[http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/862598.jpg]

Keira Knightley = **drool**

So, anyone want to go see it?

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-06-30, 4:27 AM #2
Too bad it seems like a flop to me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

START THE DEBATE.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-06-30, 4:32 AM #3
They'd better all have English accents.

[This message has been edited by Mort-Hog (edited June 30, 2004).]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-30, 4:33 AM #4
Keira = automatic must see.

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, Duel Dustball, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2004-06-30, 4:33 AM #5
It looks to be very good. I've been looking forward to this for awhile.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-06-30, 4:34 AM #6
shouldn't Arthur be in the center of that photo? The movie is named after him for crying out loud.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-06-30, 4:36 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nubs:
shouldn't Arthur be in the center of that photo? The movie is named after him for crying out loud.

</font>

And of course we all know why that is... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
2004-06-30, 4:47 AM #8
Well...Guinevere is the one that comes between Arthur and Lancelot...
2004-06-30, 4:50 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gonk:
Keira = automatic must see.</font>

Yes.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-30, 5:21 AM #10
Looks awful, but I'll probably see it because it is the summer, and it is a movie.
2004-06-30, 10:44 AM #11
Even if most of the movie sucks (which I don't think it will), the battles should more than make up for it.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-30, 11:07 AM #12
Kiera Knightley?

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-06-30, 11:10 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
Kiera Knightley?

</font>

Haha, that's funny.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-06-30, 4:14 PM #14
that is sad.

they are obviously trying to use sex appeal to get men to oogle over her.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-06-30, 4:33 PM #15
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was one of my favorite books this year. It was great. And I just know they are going to butcher it in the movie. They have already started by making Guinivere a war-goddess pretty much.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-06-30, 4:39 PM #16
Well if the plot sucks, at least we get to see people slash and shoot each other.
2004-06-30, 4:42 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was one of my favorite books this year. It was great. And I just know they are going to butcher it in the movie. They have already started by making Guinivere a war-goddess pretty much.

</font>

Albeit a HAWT war goddess.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 5:16 PM #18
..I could have sworn I heard Guenivere was being played by Natalie Portman and I thought it was her in all the previews. Those two look too much alike for their own good.

Also, don't go to the movie expecting it to be like the books. Consider it a different version of Arthur. Otherwise you will be really disappointed.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-30, 5:19 PM #19
:What... is your name?

:Arthur, King of the Britains.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify the Worth of God by
enabling sinners to delight in God without compromising the Glory of God.
-J. Piper
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2004-06-30, 6:00 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
Kiera Knightley?</font>

Well look what she's wearing! There'd be no support in that at all. Plus she is'nt really that ample to begin with, but hey, there's more to sexiness than what's up front [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-30, 6:49 PM #21
It's scary what they can do with cg these days. THey can make you look like anything, add things on, make your hair look wild and curly, make your skin tone darker or lighter... the list goes on. Modern cinematography has reached the pinnacle of sophistication. I mean, I remember seeing Pirates of Caribbean and if you recall that scene at the beginning when Keira wakes up in her bed chambers after dreaming about pirates, let's just say she wasn't too lacking in terms of cleavage. You hhave to wonder how much of that is real and how much has just been "added on." What Alpha1 said.

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
2004-06-30, 7:03 PM #22
Britons*

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-30, 7:20 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
It's scary what they can do with cg these days. THey can make you look like anything, add things on, make your hair look wild and curly, make your skin tone darker or lighter... the list goes on. Modern cinematography has reached the pinnacle of sophistication. I mean, I remember seeing Pirates of Caribbean and if you recall that scene at the beginning when Keira wakes up in her bed chambers after dreaming about pirates, let's just say she wasn't too lacking in terms of cleavage. You hhave to wonder how much of that is real and how much has just been "added on." What Alpha1 said.

</font>

She was wearing a Boustier(sp?) which makes someone with an A-cup look like they're Pam Anderson.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-30, 10:41 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
..I could have sworn I heard Guenivere was being played by Natalie Portman and I thought it was her in all the previews. Those two look too much alike for their own good.
</font>

Well, Kiera basically got her acting career started by being a handmaiden in Phantom Menace, so I guess it's not really that surprising.
2004-07-01, 12:26 AM #25
Comparing the type of stuff Keira does and the type of stuff Natalie does though.. I'm surprised Keira wasn't Padme. She claims she's "really lazy" so maybe that's why?

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"

↑ Up to the top!