Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Morrowind trouble...
Morrowind trouble...
2004-06-30, 8:27 AM #1
Who here plays Morrowind? More to the point, who here has tried the 'romance quests' for male characters? You know where you find this quest-giver, Ahnassi, right? Well, I got past the part where I can live with her ( [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]) and to the very end of the flamemirror robe quest, where I have to steal it from this guy. I stole it and recalled my way back home to her. She isn't there. I go outside and wait for 24 hours, so she should be back, but she isn't there still. The game apparently removed her, and I have to talk to her. So I thought I might have recalled back onto where she was standing and it removed her so I could get through, so i try loading and walking back, and she still isnt there. I want my reward for taking the robe! Yes, I checked the Inn she was at first when I found her first, she isn't there.

So, does anyone know if there is some cheat to reset all NPC's back to where they are supposed to be?

Sorry for the rushed post, but I was supposed to be going somewhere... 5 minutes ago. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif] Thanks for the help.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-06-30, 9:23 AM #2
Hmm... I know there is, 'cause it's used to fix Balmora Mage's guild problems - some of the NPCs fall through the scenery. In the console, type in 'ra' - reset actors - and all should be okay.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
This is out of our jurisdiction, Bob. It's not wearing any pants.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-30, 9:33 AM #3
Romance Quests??

Those sound fun. The ones in BG2 were much amusement.

I have my own Morrowind problems, namely that it keeps randomly crashing in outside areas at times. Inconsistently. As best i can read, most crashes are caused by non-dx-81 compliant soundcards, which i presume mine isn't [it's like an sb pci 512 or something weird like that]. I've tried all the suggestions like using software mode for sound and turning off hardware accelleration iun system audio settings. However i also have not been able to discover a listing of what cards /are/ dx81 compliant.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-06-30, 9:42 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have my own Morrowind problems, namely that it keeps randomly crashing in outside areas at times. Inconsistently. As best i can read, most crashes are caused by non-dx-81 compliant soundcards, which i presume mine isn't [it's like an sb pci 512 or something weird like that]. I've tried all the suggestions like using software mode for sound and turning off hardware accelleration iun system audio settings. However i also have not been able to discover a listing of what cards /are/ dx81 compliant.</font>

I have that problem as well, I've just gotten into the habit of quick saving every few minutes.

How many save games do you have? I know that if you have over about 60 or so it will cause the game to crash.

------------------
I have a signature.

[This message has been edited by MadQuack (edited June 30, 2004).]
I have a signature.
2004-06-30, 11:29 AM #5
I just quicksave a lot as well, thge only time i make a real save is if i'm about to do something possibly momentous or really stupid, or at the end of a session.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
2004-06-30, 11:38 AM #6
Hmm... I must be the quicksave whore. I save every thirty seconds because dying with a moggle is not fun...

That's reminiscant to my games of Deus Ex, where I made about 650 saves through the course of the game.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-30, 4:05 PM #7
/me is loking forward to puma's wildlife mods.

if there are any puma haters here.

go to the official forums and tell them to lay off him.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-06-30, 6:01 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by - Tony -:
Hmm... I must be the quicksave whore. I save every thirty seconds because dying with a moggle is not fun...

That's reminiscant to my games of Deus Ex, where I made about 650 saves through the course of the game.

</font>

Ditto.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-01, 4:56 AM #9
Puma's Wildlife mods? What are those?

And I did type ra, it didnt work.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-07-01, 5:26 AM #10
The following command should add her back into the game.

placeatpc "Ahnassi" 1 1 1

That'll place one of her right where you are.

[This message has been edited by Zecks (edited July 01, 2004).]
2004-07-01, 9:54 AM #11
It's been quite some time since I played the game, but I'm fairly sure this isn't a bug. Doesn't she just go back to the tavern at some point, so that you can use her house for whatever you want?
2004-07-01, 10:19 AM #12
I had a similar problem just yesterday actually.

I was speaking with the.. Ahemmesu wise-woman, she promised to dub me if i made Ald Daedroth safe, so i do so, come back, she says ok if it's safe and i assure her it is, that i should talk with her next at the statue. So i presume she'll just meet me there somehow. So i go trucking on over there. No sign of her anywhere on that island or in the shrine. So i think maybe she's slow, so i camp out there for a day and a half checking around every now and then inside and out. No sign. So i go all the way back and forth from the ahemmesu camp like 4 or 5 times checking the route to see if she got stuck, ra'd at various places in the shrine in the village in her hut. No sign of her anywhere in the village either.

So needless to say i was at a bit of a quandary, and a bit put out as well.

So i finally gave up and wandered back to Pelegiad to get my flirt on with Ahnassi again.

------------------
2004-07-01, 11:27 AM #13
Hmm... The NPCs DO have a habit of falling through the floor in many interior cells... The clipping in Morrowind is no better than it was in Daggerfall. I haven't yet tried out any of the ways of recovering them.

As for the game crashing, it randomly closes out on me. I know it's not sound, because my onboard sound is part of the nVidia nForce 3 packadge, and is the equivalent of having a DX8 Audigy on-board. Personally, I just quicksave every couple of minutes or so... I generally make a standard save at the end of every session, as well as before major sections.

------------------
"I know there's got to be some sort of mathematical equation for this sort of thing, but I prefer trial and error. It's one of the advantages of having a socialized health care system."
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...

↑ Up to the top!