Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is getting just weird... (e-mail mixups)
This is getting just weird... (e-mail mixups)
2004-07-02, 3:04 AM #1
I've posted on here before about how sometimes I recieve e-mails that weren't sent to me (like the send address is even totally different... my e-mail address is nowhere in the message at all), and just recently it started happening to my mom, too. We're both using the Bellsouth customer e-mail service, so I thought maybe it was them... but here's the weird part. I just got these e-mails this morning, in this order:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: Goh Wooi Sin <wooisin@lycos.com>
To: Robowars@robowarsgame.com
Subject: [Robowars] (no subject)

i try my password but still cannot log in, can u send me the new password to me, to my wooisin@lycos.com

6+

--</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: saad shamim <shamimsaad03@hotmail.com>
To: wooisin@lycos.com; Robowars@robowarsgame.com
Subject: RE: [Robowars] (no subject)

What are you talking about whats robowars and how did you guys get my email.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: matt keen <peter_brock05@hotmail.com>
To: shamimsaad03@hotmail.com; wooisin@lycos.com; Robowars@robowarsgame.com

and why the heck am i receiving this??
I haven't played for years!</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: Scott Willis <scott@yellowhat.org>
To: matt keen; shamimsaad03@hotmail.com; wooisin@lycos.com; Robowars@robowarsgame.com

Ok what the heck? Now thats just weird</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: Himself _ <the_lil_taker@hotmail.com>
To: shamimsaad03@hotmail.com; wooisin@lycos.com; Robowars@robowarsgame.com

Same here, sounds like spam.

And I am not interested in some lameass n00by robot RPG.</font>

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-02, 3:05 AM #2
Spam?

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-02, 3:07 AM #3
Looks alot more like the internet is blowing up to me. That's some pretty organized spam, if you ask me... check the return addresses. Each time a person replies, the e-mail returns to everybody before him (except for the last one - I'm assuming he's replying to the second one).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 3:25 AM #4
I got a screen saver sent to me from mcsbuck about 2 weeks ago. I tought it was going to be a cool JK one but when I clicked on it, there was no new screen saver to choose from.

On another note, my computer seems to be running really slow lately. My up and down bandwidth is really high too.
Any suggestions?

Ha! (i really did get a virus sent to me from mcsbuck@massassi.net)

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-02, 3:31 AM #5
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

They're not viruses. There wasn't even anything attached to them. I swear they're just normal e-mails sent to people and for some reason ending up with me, and apparently from reading the e-mails I'm not the only one with this problem.

------------------
2004-07-02, 3:59 AM #6
The Robowars@robowarsgame.com address is a list, that has all those people on it, plus you and probably quite a few others. Everyone clicking "Reply to all" means the list address is still in the "To" field, so everyone on the list receives those replies as well.

Next you've got to figure out why you;re on the list and who to contact to get yourself off it. My advice would be to first of all check out www.robowarsgame.com and find an admin from there.
2004-07-02, 5:06 AM #7
Clearly, the internet is slowly imploding. I would assume no less than a government conspiracy, or possibly alien intervention. They may be attempting to send our communications systems into chaos. This could be a trial run. You should alert the FBI immediately. Although, if it is a government conspiracy, they may kill you for knowing too much. So I would suggest getting your mom to call them, just incase. She's older than you and lived a fuller life. It'll be less of a loss. And you should go to Mexico, too. Just incase. But with the recent UFO sightings in Mexico, their government may be under the control of the aliens, so Canada might be a safer option. And they could be reading this, too, so everyone who's seen this thread should promptly leave their homes and head to Canada. It's not likely any intelligent alien race would step foot in Canada, anyway.

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance

[This message has been edited by Jin (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 5:24 AM #8
Hold me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2004-07-02, 6:14 AM #9
/holds Correction and carreses his hair

It'll be OK.