Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Freeware Flash? [SFW]
Freeware Flash? [SFW]
2004-07-02, 7:55 PM #1
Is there any sort of freeware Flash program? For use with webpages and such. My friend is interested in trying to learn to use it, however the macromedia suite is a bit above our price range, so is there any option for a free license or program with which to do this?

Appreciate any input.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-02, 7:57 PM #2
Not really. I dont know how much swish costs but Flash isnt free in anyway. But I would be disobeying my oath to keep illegal information away by telling u how to get a free version of flash.

------------------
Chaz Ghostle you have the best taste in music. I can't tell how many times I listened to that song on your site.
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-02, 8:01 PM #3
http://www.swishzone.com/

It's very hihj-quality, and easy to use software, plus it's a small download and best of all it's free. Unfortunately there is a two week trial period. There are a few other things out there though, I'll see if I can find a link to a page with a whole stash of 'em a while ago.

I used SwishMax to make the header for my website, if you want to see how easy it is to make something:

www.freewebs.com/vaderscorner/home.html

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-03, 7:59 AM #4
Interesting, Swish looks really promising.. aside from the trial period [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

But we might give it a try anyways.

Open to other ideas yet as well though (:

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-03, 8:07 AM #5
Try Firestarter. I can't remember if it's freeware or shareware, though.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical CodeĀ® (NECĀ®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-03, 8:11 AM #6
You could use the ming library in PHP to generate flash movies. But I guess that would be a tad tedious if you want to learn how to use flash...

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-07-03, 8:29 AM #7
Get Adobe Livemotion. it's discontinued, so i doubt anyone will care if you warez it.

its MUCH easier to use than Flash MX, yet LM still powerful enough to compete with MX.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 03, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!