Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → For those who can't wait for Portal
For those who can't wait for Portal
2006-09-23, 10:54 AM #1
The spiritual predecessor to Portal, Narbacular Drop.

This was a student project at DigiPen. The students were then hired by Valve to help develop Portal, so this is probably a good demo for how Portal will work. There's not a lot of content, but using the portals is a lot of fun.

Play and enjoy!

[edit]The link works now.[/edit]
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-09-23, 10:59 AM #2
Error 404: Not found :o

[EDIT: oh.... i see why..... nevermind :ninja:]
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2006-09-23, 10:59 AM #3
http://www.nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/
Stuff
2006-09-23, 11:05 AM #4
old newz

its pretty good for a prototype idea, bland, but interesting
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-09-23, 11:31 AM #5
Downloading right now, I wanna try it.
2006-09-23, 11:41 AM #6
Well I tried it, for a game made by students it's amazing... still needs some work with the physics...
2006-09-23, 11:55 AM #7
That was ok, neat to toy with though. I can't wait for portal.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-09-23, 11:56 AM #8
Quote:
For those who can't wait for Portal

Uh, play Prey?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-09-23, 1:00 PM #9
Will someone please explain the concept behind Portal? What makes it so special?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-09-23, 1:12 PM #10
Placement of bi-directional portals is used to solve puzzles.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-09-23, 1:12 PM #11
Even if we do explain it, you will reject it. So why bother?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-09-23, 1:15 PM #12
Holy crap, I just downloaded the demo... that is trippy, and cool.

So cool.

I just beat a part and I have absolutely NO IDEA how. It was totally luck. I fell through a bunch of portals and I ended up high on a ledge that I quite honestly have no idea how I solved. That is so cool
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-09-23, 2:20 PM #13
I've heard of this, but this was the first time I actually played the demo. Holy crap, that was awesome.

The puzzles were simple and easily solved, but it still felt so cool. A crosshair would have been nice. Shooting portals through portals was something that I accidentally found, and it was something I didn't think of. Demo was too short though, it left me reallllllly looking forward to Portal.
2006-09-23, 8:44 PM #14
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Uh, play Prey?

Prey has NOTHING on Portal
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!