Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alien Vs Predator trailer
Alien Vs Predator trailer
2004-07-01, 7:11 PM #1
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/trailer/large.html

The final trailer finally appeared. The one you'll see before movies. Looks sweet.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-02, 1:07 AM #2
OOOOOOOOO Hardcore!
2004-07-02, 1:14 AM #3
meh.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-02, 2:58 AM #4
Decidedly b-grade... But hey that aint gonna stop me seeing it.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-02, 5:33 AM #5
It looks terrible. It frustrates me that Alien and Aliens, such excellent and perhaps even groundbreaking films, have been reduced to this drivel.

I will probably just see it for its over-the-top action.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-07-02, 5:34 AM #6
Looks lame.

------------------
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
2004-07-02, 5:51 AM #7
I thought it looked funny. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

EDIT: The trailer, I mean. Not the movie.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 6:57 AM #8
I liked it better when it didn't have a plot.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-02, 7:07 AM #9
It looks better then "Anacondas: Search for the Blood Orchid".

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-02, 8:03 AM #10
The first alien movie is so old, yet it's still very good. It's amazing that they were able to pull off a convincingly threatening creature by using things that were obviously a guy in a suit and with props like an alien arm on a pole. (This is especially obvious when the xenomorph arm moves in the nosotromo's shuttle)

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-02, 8:34 AM #11
Yeah, I saw one of those trailers when I was at the movies.

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

MAK Studios 3D
2004-07-02, 10:09 AM #12
I dont see how people can be tearing this movie apart without having seen it, or even so much as read a review.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-07-02, 12:13 PM #13
cool
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-02, 12:18 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I dont see how people can be tearing this movie apart without having seen it, or even so much as read a review.

</font>

My thoughts exactly. For all we know, it may be just as good as Aliens, but more then likely as good as Alien3.

------------------
2004-07-02, 12:30 PM #15
It looks like an enjoyable popcorn summer movie to me.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-07-02, 12:52 PM #16
I'm expecting pointless violence. I guess I'll probably get it too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-02, 1:04 PM #17
I don't understand how some of you can be putting it down. Not every movie has to be the greatest movie ever made. For what it is, this movie looks awesome. It's Aliens and Predators fighting each other! This is Sci Fi action at its best! I can't wait.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-02, 2:25 PM #18
I'm still pissed there aren't any space marines in it. (Arnold is missing too.)
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-07-02, 2:40 PM #19
I hope the alien doesnt look like a sock puppet being thrown at people. Maybe they animated it really well this time!

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-02, 3:20 PM #20
I think that a lot of the aliens are actually mechanized in this one. I read somewhere that most of them aren't cgi.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-07-02, 7:29 PM #21
One thing I noticed though that went against the first 2 Predator movies is that this takes place in Antartica. One of the coldest places in the world. The Predators always liked to hunt in the heat, as described by the woman in the first movie. She spoke about how whenever it got really hot, hotter than normal, her people would be found dead hanging from trees, etc.

And in Predator 2, it also took place in the heat, and they discussed how they like the heat.

This should of been done in say a Mayan or Aztec temple.

------------------
2004-07-02, 11:11 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:

</font>

Because, from what I've read, the story is just plain stupid

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-03, 4:38 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
One thing I noticed though that went against the first 2 Predator movies is that this takes place in Antartica. One of the coldest places in the world. The Predators always liked to hunt in the heat, as described by the woman in the first movie. She spoke about how whenever it got really hot, hotter than normal, her people would be found dead hanging from trees, etc.

And in Predator 2, it also took place in the heat, and they discussed how they like the heat.

This should of been done in say a Mayan or Aztec temple.

</font>

I don't know why the Predator is there, but maybe be got frozen in one of the tubes that Ripley used in Alien/Aliens, and was stored away in a research center in Antarctica, and then escapes. Same thing with the alien. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

But, I've never read the comic or played the game for AvP, but I did for AvP2, and it kicked *** ! So, I'm really waiting for #2, but I might aswell see this one too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-07-03, 10:45 AM #24
Cosmic Castaway, this takes place before the original Alien. What happens is that the Temple was used by the Predator as a place to hunt years ago (like thousands). The Aliens were what they hunted. This movie takes place around the 21st century, like around right now or within the next 20 or so years, etc.

The Predator in this movie are young, like teenage Predator out on there first major hunt. Not as good as the Predator in the first, but more reckless like in Predator 2.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!