Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Dark Forces book trilogy
The Dark Forces book trilogy
2004-07-03, 5:58 AM #1
Its taken my many years, but yesterday, i was FINALLY able to pick up a copy of "Star Wars: Dark Forces: Soldier for The Empire" (it was a steal at $10CAD, as opposed to the original price which was $20.95CAD).

I also got the original Hardcover copy of "Star Was: New Jedi Order: Vector Prime" for $12CAD (used to cost $35.95CAD). Both books were in mint condition.

As the Dark Forces trilogy was only in print for a few years, I stared wondering: exactly how many people on Massassi actually have any books from it? (Rebel Agent was also available there, but i didn't have ti time or extra money to pick it up. Still, i'm sure there will be other opportunities)

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-07-03, 6:02 AM #2
I have all but Rebel Agent for the DF books

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-03, 6:11 AM #3
I've never read a single Star Wars book.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-03, 7:05 AM #4
I didn't even know there were DF books! I'll have to look around for them.

Well I might have found one before. It was a book about JK, but it was the entire story in one book. That's not part of the DF trilogy you have is it?
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2004-07-03, 7:54 AM #5
I have 2 of them, missing the first book of the trilogy.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-07-03, 9:04 AM #6
The books in the Trilogy are "Soldier for The Empire" (the backstory to the series. Tells how Jerec kills Morgan Katarn, and how Kyle Defects from the Imperial ranks. also includes the opening of Dark Forces), "Rebel Hero" (The story of Dark Forces) and "Jedi Knight" (Main storyline of Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight)

I wish that they'd do Mysteries of the Sith (and possibly Jedi Outcast, if only to beef up the plot).

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-07-03, 9:09 AM #7
I've read all three. They were decent, but there's really no allure to them if you haven't played DF and JK.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-07-03, 12:31 PM #8
The local library has all three, so I've read them a couple of times. They're fairly good books, but not something I would buy.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-07-03, 4:38 PM #9
if i could find them somewhere, i would buy them in an instant

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-07-03, 5:08 PM #10
I have all three but have only ever read the first. I bought the dramaticized audio version while I was in Iraq. Disappointing.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-07-03, 7:48 PM #11
I read all three and found them to be very entertaining if you know the dark forces world.

Not to mention the artwork in the book was very cool and impressive

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._

[This message has been edited by Dark__Knight (edited July 03, 2004).]
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-07-03, 7:51 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wookie06:
I bought the dramaticized audio version while I was in Iraq. Disappointing.

</font>

Surprise. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Or was it the writing?

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Blown away by the force of the word, woken up by the sound of the siren. It's genocide.
2004-07-03, 8:13 PM #13
print is dead

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-03, 9:28 PM #14
Read all three. The artwork in the books were really cool.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve

↑ Up to the top!