Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Linux.
Linux.
2006-10-18, 2:40 PM #41
Originally posted by Brian:
sudo is crappy and annoying

Then you don't understand why it is there.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-10-18, 2:47 PM #42
Originally posted by Malus:
Then you don't understand why it is there.

By your logic, because I think taxes are crappy and annoying, I don't understand why they are there?

There's a difference between understanding why something was implemented and disagreeing with the logic.
2006-10-18, 2:54 PM #43
By your logic, because I think taxes are crappy and annoying, I don't understand why they are there?

There's a difference between understanding why something was implemented and disagreeing with the logic.

My statement only applies to sudo. Applying it to everything is obviously going to make the statement sound silly.
2006-10-18, 3:12 PM #44
Let me make this a bit clearer, then. I understand why they installed sudo that way but I find sudo crappy and annoying. I use it to allow users of my systems limited access to certain functions, not to completely administer the machine through it (because that is crappy and annoying).
2006-10-19, 3:41 PM #45
Still having problems with sound in Flash? Take a look here
(I can't give any more specific advice, as my Flash had sound from the get-go. Seems to be a pretty common problem though).
This might be good too: Intstructions for the Flash 9 beta that just came out
I installed it today, and it seems to be working pretty well. Youtube videos are finally in sync, so I can waste my time with less annoyance.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2006-10-19, 5:10 PM #46
I use it to allow users of my systems limited access to certain functions, not to completely administer the machine through it (because that is crappy and annoying).

Isn't that the point of sudo? Good to see that we agree. :P

Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
This might be good too: Intstructions for the Flash 9 beta that just came out I installed it today, and it seems to be working pretty well. Youtube videos are finally in sync, so I can waste my time with less annoyance.

Well, they ignored BSD again, while supporting Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX. :rolleyes:
However, I find it easier to watch YouTube videos by playing them in mplayer.
2006-11-08, 9:32 AM #47
for flash: TheCarpKing allready posted what is to do. Flash 9 has some bugs sometimes tough. If you need it only for viewing youtube/googlevideo/any other flv videos get that video downloader extension for firefox (if you are using firefox).

I like sudo :) But this is only a one user machine...
My levels
2006-11-08, 10:05 AM #48
Originally posted by Malus:
Well, they ignored BSD again, while supporting Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX. :rolleyes:
You are the only person who uses BSD :p
2006-11-08, 10:43 AM #49
Originally posted by Jon`C:
You are the only person who uses BSD :p

No, there are at least 11 or so people who use BSD in the world. :P

Actually, Nvidia thinks it is worth the time to make a driver for FreeBSD, so we can't be too much of a minority.

↑ Up to the top!