Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Name the game (NES help)
Name the game (NES help)
2004-07-05, 10:41 AM #1
I once owned a game for NES that I enjoyed greatly. Alas, I misplaced it over the years and am unable to find it. To add to my plight, I can no longer remember the name of the game. For t his reason, I shall describe the game to the best of my ability, in the hopes that one of you will recognize it and know what it's called.

It was a Myst-style game (where you saw various screens and could move the cursor around to interact with the world). In it you played a young adventurer who was in some sort of haunted mansion. You collect various items and then use them in the right spots to make different things happen to advance in the game. There are a few specific things that happened in the game that I can recall, which I will describe below.

1. There is one point in the game where you enter a room and a banshee screeches at you then disappears. (Don't ask why I remember this part :| )

2. There is a point where you are out on a balcony and you have to place an iron rod into this slot, and once you do, the rod is struck by lightning and something happens (I believe that another item appears)

3. There's this courtyard at one point where you're looking at this tree. Somehow (I think you have to play a flute) the tree opens and you can go down inside.

Anyway, those are the things I remember.. I'll try to think of more also... Anyway, any ideas?

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-07-05, 10:42 AM #2
Shadowgate

And rar, the balcony with the lightning rod.

[http://www.gimpshack.com/~algerad/shadowgate.jpg]

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 10:53 AM #3
You sir, are AWESOME!

------------------

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-07-05, 10:58 AM #4
It's one of those games that's hard to forget certain things about it, even though it's been around for quite some time.
2004-07-05, 12:32 PM #5
They used the same engine to make a film noir game called Deja-Vu

↑ Up to the top!