Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → happens every year but it's still annoying
happens every year but it's still annoying
2004-07-03, 4:44 PM #1
when people can't wait ONE FRIGGIN DAY with the fireworks

and it's especially annoying when i'm trying to record something

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-03, 4:49 PM #2
Yeah, I know what you mean. It really helps to have a batch of fresh underwear handy this time of year.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-03, 4:52 PM #3
Yeah, some jerk-offs in a truck were driving around my neighbourhood last night throwing lit fireworks out of their windows. I waited for them to come around again, and i picked up a shovel (hoping i wouldn't have to use it) and I told them to clear the f*** out or I would call the cops.

They cussed me all the way to hell, but they left.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 03, 2004).]
2004-07-03, 4:57 PM #4
The correct way to respond such behavior to enlighten them as to the real nature of fireworks with the simple aplication of an RPG.
2004-07-03, 4:59 PM #5
Yeah, I was taking the trash out last night and some people were setting some off. I heard a loud bang and thought it was a gun until I figured out it was only fireworks.

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
yay for not posting much ever
2004-07-03, 5:18 PM #6
boy am I glad they're outlawed here!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-03, 5:18 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Yeah, some jerk-offs in a truck were driving around my neighbourhood last night throwing lit fireworks out of their windows. I waited for them to come around again, and i picked up a shovel (hoping i wouldn't have to use it) and I told them to clear the f*** out or I would call the cops.

They cussed me all the way to hell, but they left.

</font>

you should have used the shovel to knock the fireworks back into their truck

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-07-03, 5:42 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
boy am I glad they're outlawed here!

</font>

Since when?

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-03, 5:47 PM #9
I fight fire with fire. Bottle rocket + pvc = weapon.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-07-03, 6:14 PM #10
I have to keep my cat inside... not because she's scared, but because she ISN'T scared, of anything. Some kids will no doubt throw firecrackers at her. I saw a news story where something like 6 puppies were found dead - apparently some kids thought it would be funny to put firecrackers in their mouths.

I don't have a problem with them, however, I do have a problem with the way some people use them. The noise doesn't bother me since it's once or twice a year. However, if I catch people throwing them at me or my house, they will get much more than just a threat with a shovel.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-07-03, 6:17 PM #11
In my neighborhood, the fireworks haven't been too bad. As in some of you people's situations. However, they've been lighting them for at least 1 week or a week and a half. It would just be nice if they could light them all on July 4th, rather than for the past week or so. Very random too. They'll light them at about 11 in the morning. You'd think that they would wait until it is somewhat dusk out to really see them.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-07-03, 6:17 PM #12
They're outlawed /everywhere/. Since when has that stopped anybody?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-03, 6:18 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
I have to keep my cat inside... not because she's scared, but because she ISN'T scared, of anything. Some kids will no doubt throw firecrackers at her. I saw a news story where something like 6 puppies were found dead - apparently some kids thought it would be funny to put firecrackers in their mouths.

I don't have a problem with them, however, I do have a problem with the way some people use them. The noise doesn't bother me since it's once or twice a year. However, if I catch people throwing them at me or my house, they will get much more than just a threat with a shovel.

</font>

W00T! You tell 'em Brian!

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-07-03, 6:26 PM #14
They're not outlawed everywhere. There's stands all over town selling them. It's TECHNICALLY illegal to set them off within city limits, but the few days before and probably after the 4th of July, I doubt the cops really care unless you're being an idiot. Me and my friends bought a crapload of them to set off sometime, and I just blew up my dog's water dish this afternoon. Well, not really. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] But I got these tiny little firecrackers and it seems that they burn underwater...and explode with enhough force to blast all the water into the air AND toss the (metal) dish up 5 or 6 feet. Great fun.

I sure love explosives! And I'm so very glad they're legal here. As long as people are MODERATELY sensible about it.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-03, 7:06 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaD CoW:
Since when?

</font>

I think that law is only in effect in montreal. Basicly you can't get fireworks unless you go to city hall first and get a piece of paper saying you represent an organised event. So you still get all the fireworks shows, but at the same time it prevents little amateur kids from getting their hands on them and causing trouble.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-03, 7:58 PM #16
Quote:
I saw a news story where something like 6 puppies were found dead - apparently some kids thought it would be funny to put firecrackers in their mouths.</font>

Dude that is sick. Some people are $#%!ing dumb@$#es.

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-07-03, 8:07 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Dude that is sick. Some people are $#%!ing dumb@$#es.

</font>

I agree. I felt sick when I read that.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-03, 8:43 PM #18
definitely. anyone who would do something like that deserves to have the s*** kicked out of them. I personally would work them over with a steel chain.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 03, 2004).]
2004-07-04, 12:06 AM #19
Don't have to worry about it too much since fireworks are illegal here. People still get them, but not everyone does.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-04, 2:42 AM #20
Here fireworks are legal as long as they don't go higher than 20 feet in the air or have a radius larger than 10 feet. Also, nothing that explodes.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-04, 5:11 AM #21
Nothing that explodes? That's not a firework, it's a bloody sparkler.

I think you all need to stop your *****ing. As long as no one's hurting anyone else with them, maybe YOU should wait a couple of days until they're done? I'm not much of a patriot, but I won't stop anyone else from feeling like they're one by shooting off fireworks.

Honestly, I feel really good when I light fireworks for the kids. See, my father does the big show for the adults, and I do a smaller show for the little kids who had to be inside for the big show. I like to show them fireworks in a safe way, and then teach them WHY we light fireworks, why we celebrate. It's really sad how few people actually think about the amazing thing America did on this day. How we broke off from the strongest power at the time, and then defeated it. That's quite a feat.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-04, 5:40 AM #22
i don't mind a little bit but when people are firing off the big stuff that should wait for your big showing of awsome on the 4th and is so damn loud it interrupts my recordng it annoys me

oh and in this state we also have restrictions... i think you can't have any flying or exploding stuff... you're limited to fountains and smoke bombs basically... so you fix it by driving a few minutes to kentucky... none of the cops give a crap about illegal fireworks as long as you are using common sense and not doing anything dangerous

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-07-04, 5:56 AM #23
Frankly I hate fireworks. Every freakin year there are these idiots who shoot them right over our house. Keep in mind it is completely illegal here to use any sort of firework. So we end up calling the police every time, and our roof almost caught fire once. Needless to say, if fireworks didn't exist, I wouldn't be disappointed.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-07-04, 5:58 AM #24
That car story reminds me of something I did. Punks were going around throwing stuff out the windows at my friend and I. We just got out of 7-11 with huge slushies. They were still full. My friend set "**** it" at the 6th time they came along, and chucked his slushie into the diver's window. We got a good laugh when they started swerving randomly, hit a sign or two and finally stopped. The driver's door opened. We ran.

Oh, and fireworks don't bother me much. Except when I hear them but don't see them *curses the science of sound* I want to seeeeeeee.

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-04, 7:15 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

</font>

People were lighting off fireworks around here last night. Fortunately, it started raining.
Muahah! God is on my side. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 8:28 AM #26
Quote:
However, if I catch people throwing them at me or my house, they will get much more than just a threat with a shovel.

</font>

and we all know that Brian has a gun he carries

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-04, 8:31 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I saw a news story where something like 6 puppies were found dead - apparently some kids thought it would be funny to put firecrackers in their mouths.</font>

If I saw those kids I'd beat the **** out of them.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-07-04, 9:12 AM #28
Ban morons who abouse fireworks.... use bullets to enforce this.

They shouldn't be made illigal to regular people when banning idiots would make every crime rate drop.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-04, 11:29 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

</font>

When are they supposed to use them?

I've actually seen some very nice pre-Independance Day fireworks shot off in my neighborhood.

Back in 2000 I had saved a few to shoot off when Bush won the election but that one turned out to be so anti-climactic that I never did. Maybe this year.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-07-04, 11:42 AM #30
I really enjoy how my neighbors complain about firecrackers going off in our neighborhood even though there are hourly fly-bys from various military aircraft that generate far more noise than a little bottle-rocket.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-04, 2:37 PM #31
Fireworks are fun but when I hear them for a week straight before and after the 4th, it gets on my nerves. Jeez.

------------------
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2004-07-04, 3:22 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
I really enjoy how my neighbors complain about firecrackers going off in our neighborhood even though there are hourly fly-bys from various military aircraft that generate far more noise than a little bottle-rocket.

</font>

me remembers when Bush came to canberra and there were fighter jets flying overhead all night and all day the next day. It took ages for me to get to sleep.

Also, the queens birthday weekend of this year was the last year that fireworks were legal in canberra, YEAH! No more loud noises all night on the night when some people want to sleep in for the long weekend

/rant

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-04, 6:45 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
People were lighting off fireworks around here last night. Fortunately, it started raining.
Muahah! God is on my side. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
</font>

Looking at his music and then at yours explains why God is on your side [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-04, 6:56 PM #34
I live in Kentucky. People go to tenessee, buy a sh**load, bring em back, and blow them up all the time. Doesn't bother me. I love fireworks and don't mind the noise. I also don't really get bothered by the sound at night. I love the fourth!

------------------
Chaz Ghostle you have the best taste in music. I can't tell how many times I listened to that song on your site.
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-04, 8:16 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
Ban morons who abouse fireworks.... use bullets to enforce this.

They shouldn't be made illigal to regular people when banning idiots would make every crime rate drop.

</font>

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-04, 8:20 PM #36
Quote:
However, if I catch people throwing them at me or my house, they will get much more than just a threat with a shovel.

</font>

Threat? I was more than ready to bash in their d**khead skulls if they gave me any trouble at all. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-07-05, 4:08 PM #37
I LOVE firworks, I'm somewhat of a Pyromaniac, lol, I live ine the middle of nowhere, the closest house is like 1/3 mile away, Every year me and a friend, 1/2 mile away, try to see who can be the loudest. We shoot em from about 9:00 to 3.am, lol. Then the next day we get together with the leftovers and and make our own rockets and bombs with leftover parts, and powder from other Firecrackers, Loads of fun!, I have PLENTY of experiances and close calls thats its hilariouse. I might post some later if yall want....

------------------
Total Toothpickings; 7
<SalvadorChicka> i wasn't all "omg canadians have sex with each other!"

↑ Up to the top!