Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Simpsons nuts, seen anything like this? (Large image inside)
Simpsons nuts, seen anything like this? (Large image inside)
2004-07-05, 5:47 PM #1
Printed copy of the "Springfield Shopper," which is the newspaper from the show. Found it while cleaning up some stuff a few days ago. I assume it's from 1991 by reading some of it. Don't really know anything about it though. Have no idea as to its authenticity.

Here's the first page:
[http://www.gimpshack.com/~algerad/pics/sfshopper.jpg]
2004-07-05, 5:59 PM #2
Yeah, it has to be old. Marvin Monroe was one of the characters who died, right?

Still good, though. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-05, 6:03 PM #3
Pretty sure it's from 91. Found two references in there. The "35 years ago, 1956" thing at the bottom, and on another page it mentions the "1991 Isotopes season"

Some of the personal ads in it are pretty funny, heh.

"I HAVE CATALOGED EVERY PROFANITY AND LEWD REFERENCE ON PRIME-TIME TELEVISION SINCE 1982, but need your help to continue this important work. Please send your unused scraps of paper and pencil nubs to Abraham "Grandpa" Simpson, Springfield Retirement Home, Room 23."

Only reference to where it's from are two credits on the side of the front page. "Shopper art: Larry Nikolai Shopper ads: Fred Newman"

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 6:04 PM #4
"Which two popular characters died this passed year?

If you said Dr. Marvin Monroe and Bleeding Gums Murphy, you're wrong. They were never popular."

Do you think they still make these newspapers? I need to buy some if they do.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede

[This message has been edited by Chaz Ghostle (edited July 05, 2004).]
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-05, 6:11 PM #5
Doubtful. May be a unique thing. I really don't know.

Can't find any reference to it on the Internet, and there haven't been any on eBay that I can find.

I have no idea whether it's "real"(officially put out by the Simpsons creators, Fox, etc.) or not.

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited July 05, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!