Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So.
So.
2006-10-23, 6:05 PM #1
Splinter Cell 4 is out. No one informed me. I'm short $50 or $60 for the occasion.

Has anyone played it, how f-ing awesome is it, how about the PC version, and how awesome is it?

Maybe no one's posted about it because they're busy playing it?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-23, 6:18 PM #2
IT IS?! WHY DO I NOT HAVE AN XBOX360 OR SPLINTER CELL 4 NOW?! DAMN!
DO NOT WANT.
2006-10-23, 6:18 PM #3
Newcomer: Snake
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-10-23, 6:19 PM #4
I've only played about an hour of it so far, but so far, I love it.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-23, 6:50 PM #5
Originally posted by petmc20:
Newcomer: Snake

Screw Snake. Sam Fisher FTW.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 6:57 PM #6
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Screw Snake. Sam Fisher FTW.

Snake would snap Sam Fisher in half.

Five times.

And THEN he'd kill him.
D E A T H
2006-10-23, 7:12 PM #7
And then eat him.
2006-10-23, 7:12 PM #8
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Snake would snap Sam Fisher in half.

Five times.

And THEN he'd kill him.[/QUOTE]
Is this before or after Sam uses his Thermal Vision and sees him sneaking up in his stupid carboard box and lays into him with the SC-20K?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 7:17 PM #9
Sam Fisher has a distinct lack of mullet. Sam > Snake.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-23, 7:20 PM #10
[http://duality.quadoshock.com/wp-content/images/photos/anime-expo-2005/snake.jpg]
幻術
2006-10-23, 7:54 PM #11
Is this before or after Sam uses his Thermal Vision and sees him sneaking up in his stupid carboard box and lays into him with the SC-20K?

After, mainly because he wouldn't see him.

Who the **** uses Thermal Vision in broad daylight in a well-lit environment?

Also, thermal goggles don't work behind you.
D E A T H
2006-10-23, 8:01 PM #12
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]After, mainly because he wouldn't see him.

Who the **** uses Thermal Vision in broad daylight in a well-lit environment?

Also, thermal goggles don't work behind you.[/QUOTE]
Splinter Cell missions traditionally take place at night, fool. Thus Thermal Vision.

And the goggles don't have to work behind him. Seriously... a grown man in a carboard box shuffling along. There's no way you WOULDN'T hear that. And in the time it takes Snake to dump the box and go in for a kill, Sam can have emptied a whole clip into him. =P
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 8:05 PM #13
Or Sam could snap his neck from above. Or below. Or from either side. Or from inside out. <.<
DO NOT WANT.
2006-10-23, 8:16 PM #14
Splinter Cell missions traditionally take place at night, fool. Thus Thermal Vision.

And the goggles don't have to work behind him. Seriously... a grown man in a carboard box shuffling along. There's no way you WOULDN'T hear that. And in the time it takes Snake to dump the box and go in for a kill, Sam can have emptied a whole clip into him. =P

So why does it have to be in Sam's court? If they DID meet it'd more likely be during the day--I can't imagine a SC mission to kill Snake or anything.

Also, he doesn't need to shuffle up, he just needs to get close enough to rush in, CQC his *** and take him down. And up close you can't contest that Snake would f*** Sam's **** up.
D E A T H
2006-10-23, 8:25 PM #15
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]So why does it have to be in Sam's court? If they DID meet it'd more likely be during the day--I can't imagine a SC mission to kill Snake or anything.

Also, he doesn't need to shuffle up, he just needs to get close enough to rush in, CQC his *** and take him down. And up close you can't contest that Snake would f*** Sam's **** up.[/QUOTE]
Therein lies the problem, he has to get close before he can really do anything, and Sam is packing all the long range moves.
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 8:26 PM #16
47 would kill both of them in their sleep.

Failing that, he would have poisoned them hours earlier.
2006-10-23, 8:29 PM #17
Solid Snake could kill anyone/everyone anytime/anywhere.
2006-10-23, 8:29 PM #18
Therein lies the problem, he has to get close before he can really do anything, and Sam is packing all the long range moves.

The other problem is that Sam has to SEE Snake before he can pull a "long range move" (PS, snake is an excellent sniper and has remotely controlled missiles in his arsenal), not to mention Snake can lay claymores in wait, and failing that he can just bumrush him.

Originally posted by Rob:
47 would kill both of them in their sleep.

Failing that, he would have poisoned them hours earlier.

True. That is, considering they failed to notice a bald guy with a barcode on the back of his head :P
D E A T H
2006-10-23, 8:37 PM #19
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]The other problem is that Sam has to SEE Snake before he can pull a "long range move" (PS, snake is an excellent sniper and has remotely controlled missiles in his arsenal), not to mention Snake can lay claymores in wait, and failing that he can just bumrush him.[/QUOTE]
And Sam isn't a good Sniper, can't dissapear and blend in, and won't notice this cardboard box moving around?

And what kinda spy uses remote missiles? ... Actually that's a stupid question.... Bond probably does....
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 8:50 PM #20
the only thing I want to know is where's the demo.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-10-23, 8:55 PM #21
And Sam isn't a good Sniper, can't dissapear and blend in, and won't notice this cardboard box moving around?

And what kinda spy uses remote missiles? ... Actually that's a stupid question.... Bond probably does....

Sam may be a good sniper, but he didn't beat a member of FOXHOUND!

Also, he has to notice danger in order to "blend in and disappear", which Snake will just look like some crazy guy stuck in the 80s right before he karate chops him into oblivion. CQC!

Finally, to be fair, Snake found the missiles in Alaska on a mission.
D E A T H
2006-10-23, 9:18 PM #22
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
the only thing I want to know is where's the demo.

There a Multiplayer Demo for the 360 on Xbox Live. Beyond that one, I have no idea.
Last Stand
2006-10-23, 9:46 PM #23
I might pick it up tomorrow.

I was hoping to buy an XBox 360 soon, but that looks to be delayed, so I will probably get the normal XBox version.

Then I bet I'll get a 360 a week later.
2006-10-23, 10:02 PM #24
I'm playing Chaos Theory now. It's awesome.
幻術
2006-10-24, 4:22 AM #25
I'm so happy people debate over my little comments :P
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-10-24, 4:34 AM #26
Splinter Cell is an American game. Metal Gear games aren't.

Therefore Sam Fisher wins.

Uh, duh?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-24, 7:29 AM #27
To reiterate, Snake has a mullet, Sam does not. Sam wins.

Also, Sam isn't a good spy, he's a great ninja.

I think I'm going to go continue my game of Splinter Cell now.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-10-24, 7:36 AM #28
Originally posted by SMOCK!:

EXACTLY.
Last Stand
2006-10-24, 7:42 AM #29
With great pure American origins.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-24, 8:25 AM #30
To reiterate, Snake has a mullet, Sam does not. Sam wins.

I think I'm going to go continue my game of Splinter Cell now.

He's about as ninja as the ninja turtles. If anything, Snake's closer to a ninja (his best friend was a ninja ffs, duh), seeing as how he's trained more in the art of CQC and other martial arts.
D E A T H
2006-10-24, 9:46 AM #31
Yes, but Sam never had to put up with his boss suddenly becoming infected with a computer virus, or an organization of men who are long dead and yet still affecting current geopolitical affairs. In fact, Sam never had to deal with anything from MGS2.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-24, 9:54 AM #32
Originally posted by Steven:
I might pick it up tomorrow.

I was hoping to buy an XBox 360 soon, but that looks to be delayed, so I will probably get the normal XBox version.

Then I bet I'll get a 360 a week later.

its a good thing you can return unsed console games then isnt it?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-24, 10:41 AM #33
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]
True. That is, considering they failed to notice a bald guy with a barcode on the back of his head :P[/QUOTE]

47 is also stronger, and faster than snake or sam.

Not to mention he can take more bullet wounds than either.
2006-10-24, 11:36 AM #34
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]He's about as ninja as the ninja turtles. If anything, Snake's closer to a ninja (his best friend was a ninja ffs, duh), seeing as how he's trained more in the art of CQC and other martial arts.[/QUOTE]Oh come on! Sam is plenty trained in all sorts of martial arts. He's more of a ninja because he doesn't combat people, he knocks them out before they even know he's there. He, like a ninja, will run and hide instead of having a noisy fight. He'll use tricks and technology to scare the living daylights out of people. More importantly, he climbs all over stuff to complete his objective. Climbing pipes is a ninja technique!

And he'll threaten to kill people if they say the word 'Monkey'!
Ban Jin!
2006-10-24, 1:24 PM #35
Oh come on! Sam is plenty trained in all sorts of martial arts. He's more of a ninja because he doesn't combat people, he knocks them out before they even know he's there. He, like a ninja, will run and hide instead of having a noisy fight. He'll use tricks and technology to scare the living daylights out of people. More importantly, he climbs all over stuff to complete his objective. Climbing pipes is a ninja technique!

And he'll threaten to kill people if they say the word 'Monkey'!

Quote:
Any Retarded Latino Guy in Chaos Theory
This light's broken....

You forgot the Displace guy in Hokkaido who was supposedly on that Oil Rig in Georgia in the first Splinter Cell. If you interrogate him, he FIRMLY believes Sam is a Ninja. :o

That had to be the funniest damn interrogation sequence in the whole game.
Last Stand
2006-10-24, 1:46 PM #36
Kakdammit, this thread is about SC4, not who can kick whose ***.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-24, 1:53 PM #37
Stop talking about SC4 and play it already...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-24, 10:10 PM #38
Sam's a ninja, no doubt about it. Ever wondered why it's called Splinter Cell?
幻術
2006-10-24, 11:41 PM #39
: O
Ban Jin!
2006-10-25, 9:18 PM #40
You forgot the Displace guy in Hokkaido who was supposedly on that Oil Rig in Georgia in the first Splinter Cell. If you interrogate him, he FIRMLY believes Sam is a Ninja. :o

That had to be the funniest damn interrogation sequence in the whole game.

No way, what about that one guy that asks you if you have a 27B-6 form to enter the ventalation shafts?
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!