Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jump Britain
Jump Britain
2006-10-30, 4:21 AM #41
Skate shoes work fine for me, but I'm really used to them and I tend not to wear really bulk ones. Anything that gives you traction and is comfortable should be fine.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-10-30, 8:33 AM #42
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Does it have any actual use except escaping from cops?
It gets you pretty fit, I imagine.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-30, 9:51 AM #43
Oh, it does. Nothing like collapsing on the grass after a twenty minute game of Follow the Leader and feeling every muscle in your body ache with goodness.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-10-30, 9:52 AM #44
I want a game of follow the leader. :(
Ban Jin!
2006-10-30, 10:18 AM #45
Isn't this what they did in that District b13 movie?

Cause that was badass.
>>untie shoes
2006-10-30, 10:30 AM #46
Yes it was.

And Yes it was.

In fact, that was David Belle, the founder of parkour and a shining example of everything it's about. The way he moves is simply fantastic.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-30, 1:09 PM #47
I always watch these guys do it around here, because I secretly hope one will slip and bust his head all over the pavement...
2006-10-31, 6:41 PM #48
Rob - next time you see them, get their names. If one of them is Cory, tell them Zac says hi. :p

I found this article today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hébert

I found it a fascinating read. The Natural Method plays a large part in parkour, as you'll see if you read.

I've heard a lot about it, but I finally researched it.

Neat stuff.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-10-31, 8:23 PM #49
I'm not going to talk to a bunch of ninjas.

↑ Up to the top!