Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → sig length question
sig length question
2006-10-25, 8:53 PM #1
I haven't been here a whole lot lately so I don't know if I just missed this or what but I went to edit my signature a moment ago and acctualy shortened it and got a warning saying it was too long.

So, when did this happen?

I finaly got a domain name for my portfolio and I wanted to use it so I could link to
[url]www.danjw.net[/url]
rather than
http://home.comcast.net/~gloryuntogod/mmfsdjw/res/

So... not really sure why I'm posting this, just curious and sad.
:(
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-10-25, 8:54 PM #2
125 characters is far too short. I haven't been able to use a couple sigs I really wanted to because of that limit. It should be upped to at least 300.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-25, 8:58 PM #3
They should disable sigs, forever.

They're stupid.

Which reminds me, I need to turn them off again.
2006-10-25, 9:00 PM #4
Quote:
125 characters is far too short.

it really is.
I do understand that longer limits can be more easily abused but this is kinda rediculus.

even if I remove all the formating the most I can get out of my current sig is
Quote:
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify t

that's just deppressing.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-10-26, 2:57 AM #5
I don't see why sigs should be disabled. Just turn them off.
I've had mine turned off ever since they were temporarily disabled because I realized how much space sigs were wasting. Not to mention the pointlessness of seeing the same sigs over and over again.
But if you want to see the sigs, you can. If you only want to see the posts, you can do that too. It's all good ;)
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-10-26, 5:40 AM #6
I used to have an innovative signature.

Then there was the night of chaos when it became "Hacked by JG!"

And then... well we all know the story behind the current one. And why I've vowed never to post an MSpaint drawing again.
Stuff
2006-10-26, 5:44 AM #7
Originally posted by Freelancer:
125 characters is far too short. I haven't been able to use a couple sigs I really wanted to because of that limit. It should be upped to at least 300.

It's your sig, not your MySpace profile :P
2006-10-26, 6:40 AM #8
With what little is in my signature, and now the changing color when I change it, I'm still pretty sure it gets little to no attention. Oh well - I still go at it anyway. Speaking of, I'll probably be changing it soon...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-10-26, 9:39 AM #9
I like reading people's sigs.
And Geb, that italic red on green isn't very easy to read.
makes it easier to just scroll past rather than stop and read it.
2006-10-26, 10:12 AM #10
I've had my sig since we upgraded from UBB.. and I cant alter it because it says it's too long :P
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-10-26, 10:23 AM #11
I've had the same sig since summer 2003, I think I had some odd addition to it around December 2003 for a really short while, but it's practically been intact for 3 years.

I'll give a nickel to that person who remembers what was my trademark sig before this one.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-26, 10:43 AM #12
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
I like reading people's sigs.
And Geb, that italic red on green isn't very easy to read.
makes it easier to just scroll past rather than stop and read it.

I could take the italics out, but I need at least one or two colors (besides normal) if I want to stick with making the changes in my sig's links more noticable. Unless you have some other suggestion.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-10-26, 3:16 PM #13
Originally posted by LividDK27:
It's your sig, not your MySpace profile :P

I don't think you realize how short 125 characters is. Most of the sigs you see around are much longer than that because they 're grandfathered in from before the limit.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!