Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I feel so powerful (Gmail)
I feel so powerful (Gmail)
2004-07-02, 8:55 AM #1
Gmail rocks. Fast and easy. Simple, yet workable, and SEARCHABLE!

Make me laugh, and I'll give you my single Gmail invite.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-02, 9:10 AM #2
Why did the blonde die while raking leaves?

She fell out of the tree.

This one's somewhat odd, but nothing bad enough to get me in trouble, I think.

One day a man and a monkey walk into a bar. The man sits down and orders a drink. The monkey wanders about the bar, the bartender watching it's every move. It picks up a cue ball, eats it, then runs over, picks up an olive from a customers drink, eats it, and runs to hide behind the man. The bartender was outraged.
"Your monkey just ate a cueball! And he touched my customer's drink!" He screamed
"Yeah, I saw. Don't worry about it, I'll pay for it," the man said.
So he paid the bartender and left. About three days later, he comes back with the monkey. He sits down, orders another drink, and relaxes. The monkey runs over, picks up a grape, sticks it up his bum, then eats it.
"Did you see that!?" The bartender exclaimed
"Yeah, well, after the last time, he tests everything before he eats it."

If any of these are funny enough, my e-mail is jjpsx at yahoo dot com

------------------
Guess what? Yep, that's right. No, no, really, it's right. Think it's wrong? You're right, it's wrong. Know why? 'Cause it is
Guess what? Yep, that's right. No, no, really, it's right. Think it's wrong? You're right, it's wrong. Know why? 'Cause it is
2004-07-02, 9:45 AM #3
A visiting professor at the University of Montana is giving a seminar on the supernatural.

To get a feel for his audience, he asks, “How many people here believe in ghosts?”

About 90 students raise their hands.
“Well that's a good start,” says the professor, “Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?”

About 40 students raise their hands.

“That's really good,” continues the professor, “I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?”

15 students raise their hands.

“That's a great response,” remarks the impressed professor, “has anyone here ever touched a ghost?”

Three students raise their hands.

“That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further... Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?” asks the professor.

One student in the back raises his hand.

The professor is astonished.

He takes off glasses, takes a step back, and says, “Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience.”

The redneck student replies with a nod and begins to make his way up to the podium.

The professor asks, “Well, tell us what it's like to sleep with a ghost.”

The student replies, “Ghost?!?” Dang, I thought you said ‘goats.’

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-07-02, 10:05 AM #4
A trucker stops at a diner and orders a cup of coffee, a burger, and a piece of apple pie. Three guys on motorcycles park and come into the diner. One guy drinks the trucker's coffee, the other eats his burger, and the last eats his pie. The trucker just gets up and pays the bill. When he's gone, one of the motorcycle guys says to the waitress in the diner, "He ain't much of a man, is he?" The waitress says, "He ain't much of a driver either. He just backed over three motorcycles."

Here's another:

Bill and Tom worked at a lumber mill. One day, Tom's saw slipped, and cut his arm off. So Bill put the arm in a plastic bag and took it and Tom to the hospital. The next day, he came in to visit Tom and was amazed to see that his arm reatteched and he was playing tennis. However, Tom was clumsy, and the next day at work, he dropped his saw and cut his leg off. So, again, Bill put the leg in a plastic bag, and took Tom to the hospital. The next day, he came in to find Tom playing football. Tom had another accident at work next day - he dropped his saw and cut his own head off. So, Bill put Tom's head in a plastic bag, and took Tom to the hospital. The next day, Bill went to the hospital to see Tom, but he couldn't find him. So he asked a nurse, "Hey, where's Tom?" She replied "We could have saved him, but some moron put his head in a plastic bag and he suffocated."

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.

[This message has been edited by Jazzkokehead (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 10:07 AM #5
why did the chicken cross the road?
<.<
>.>
TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!

...i tried

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
yay for not posting much ever
2004-07-02, 10:15 AM #6
yes, gmail is great.

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-07-02, 10:36 AM #7
This is hardcore....drunkness.

http://jail.lfucg.com/services/offenders/offenderdetails/default.asp? inmateid=337&inmateimage=E137236.JPG

[http://jail.lfucg.com/inmateimages/E/E126958.JPG]

Don't think it's been posted yet...but I do miss things...

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited July 02, 2004).]
2004-07-02, 1:50 PM #8
delete your gmail e-mail messages.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-02, 1:53 PM #9
This is retarded. If you want an invite, email me at stilmatik [at] gmail

I have many different accounts, so you will get an invite from different names. Thanks. And also, I will be doing a check to make sure none of you have recieved any cause I am not wasting my invites. G' Day

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-02, 2:06 PM #10
http://images.mzzt.net/guesswhogot....jpg

<3

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! | Mega-ZForums

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/MotS | Pac-Man JK

"how harsh... Jedi Kirby loves his 'Special' and unique way of talking." - jEDIkIRBY, circa 2002

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited July 02, 2004).]

2004-07-02, 2:10 PM #11
I have a question concerning composing letters for Gmail. How do I use bold, underline, and hyperlinks?
2004-07-02, 2:16 PM #12
Ubuu, thanks for the offer, I just sent you an e-mail =)

------------------
2004-07-02, 2:18 PM #13
Ive got one invite. Anyone need it? /NEED/ it?

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-02, 2:24 PM #14
I emailed you too, Ubuu.

------------------
2004-07-02, 2:30 PM #15
Thanks Ubuu I e-mailed you.
2004-07-02, 2:37 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Ive got one invite. Anyone need it? /NEED/ it?

</font>

If you count having too much spam using a crappy hotmail address...then kind of. But that's for you to determine. :P
2004-07-02, 2:39 PM #17
Emailed you ubuu! Thanks [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
1337 suxx0rz

Council of 21

Need cheap web hosting? Well then lookie here! :)
http://www.out-post.net/index.php?action=hostingplans
Mmmm.
2004-07-02, 2:47 PM #18
If Ubuu runs out, come to me.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-02, 2:52 PM #19
I emailed you Ubuu. You get a bit "Thank you!" from me too. =P
2004-07-02, 2:55 PM #20
Personally, I think the fact that there have been so many gmail invites given to the massassi community is quite generous.
2004-07-02, 3:06 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
Personally, I think the fact that there have been so many gmail invites given to the massassi community is quite generous.</font>

So do I! I got mine from Ubuu last week. Thanks again dude [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-02, 3:10 PM #22
Make your own thread, if you're going to give away GMail accounts.

The only reason I made a thread is because I didn't want to have to choose a friend, or make a decision that would make other people angry with me.

No one's made me laugh, though.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-02, 3:13 PM #23
You will die alone.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-07-03, 2:07 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nubs:
You will die alone.

</font>

Now THAT'S funny.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-07-03, 3:57 AM #25
A red ship and a blue ship are sailing in the sea. At night they collide and sink. What happened to the crew?

---------

They were marrooned

its so funny because its so baaaaad [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-03, 5:26 AM #26
Do we really need a new thread every time someone has more gmail invites?

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-03, 5:41 AM #27
A rabbi, a priest, and a muslim walks into a bar. The bartender says, "What, is this some kind of joke?"

*ba-dum-tsssssh*

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-07-03, 5:59 AM #28
Two Sausages are getting cooked, one turns to the other and says, "Wow, it's getting hot in here." The other replies, "AAAHHHH A TALKING SAUSAGE!!"

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-03, 7:15 AM #29
A question regarding gmail -
I'm using opera, identifying itself as IE6, but without ActiveX (which opera doesn't have) I can't access gmail. Is there some way I can get around this so I don't have to use IE?

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-07-03, 11:47 AM #30
As best anyone on the Opera boards has been able to figure out, after reading abuot 10 threads and 20pp of information, the best solution is to use FireFox [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

It seems to be an issue on the Gmail end, not the Opera end, so hopefully they'll make it more compliant and compatible as time goes on, Gmail being a fairly new project still.

The only thing Gmail actually uses ActiveX for is browser-sniffing apparently. Or something of that nature. FireFox gets around this by having some very expiremental and non-compliant simulated xml objects. I do not entirely understand how that all works, but that is what i have read.

Looking at google.com code or trying to validate some of their stuff is enough to make baby W3esus cry.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited July 03, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-03, 12:06 PM #31
thank you, oh mighty dormouse [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] guess I'll be sticking with IE for now..

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-07-03, 12:56 PM #32
No, do yourself a favour and dl a build of FireFox, for lightweight braindead browsing it's great. And using it for gmail is no different really than using outlook for pop3 or something. Plus it's much more secure and accessible than IE, and it keeps all those google cookies in one convenient spot.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-03, 12:57 PM #33
I can't remember why, but when I tried Opera after Firefox, I decided I wanted to stick with this. I only use IE for gmail and hotmail, so it's not so bad.

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-07-03, 1:08 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
I can't remember why, but when I tried Opera after Firefox, I decided I wanted to stick with this. I only use IE for gmail and hotmail, so it's not so bad.

</font>

Um, download firefox.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-03, 2:45 PM #35
Ok, obviously wasn't clear enough.

used IE, hated it, got Firefox, thought it was better, got Opera, thought it was even better, stuck with Opera.

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-07-03, 6:37 PM #36
Quote:
Ok, obviously wasn't clear enough.

used IE, hated it, got Firefox, thought it was better, got Opera, thought it was even better, stuck with Opera.

</font>

Oh. Righty then. Just don't go back to IE unless you absolutely -have- to. For obvious reasons. <_<

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-03, 7:01 PM #37
How do you fit four gay men on a barstool?

Turn it upside-down.

(Note: I have nothing against homosexuals. If you're offended by the above joke, I apologize. kthxbye.)

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-07-03, 10:01 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Oh. Righty then. Just don't go back to IE unless you absolutely -have- to. For obvious reasons. <_<

</font>

As I said, I only use it for gmail and hotmail, someone once told me that deleting it completely will probably screw up windows, so that's why I keep it.

------------------
/end boob rant

2004-07-04, 6:36 AM #39
Quote:
As I said, I only use it for gmail and hotmail, someone once told me that deleting it completely will probably screw up windows, so that's why I keep it.

</font>

Firefox works with both though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-04, 7:02 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
How do you fit four gay men on a barstool?

Turn it upside-down.

(Note: I have nothing against homosexuals. If you're offended by the above joke, I apologize. kthxbye.)

</font>

haha [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle

↑ Up to the top!