Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Under Armor
Under Armor
2006-10-26, 11:51 AM #1
Does anyone else here use Under Armor?

I bought one of the cold gear turtle neck mock shirts, and it is seriously the best $50 I ever spent. It's soft like cotton on the inside, and once you get used to having it on it's seriously like wearing a second warmer skin.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the shirt I bought, and the shirts they have that are like two tone and cost about $20-30 more?

I think I might also try some of their heat gear this summer.
2006-10-26, 11:53 AM #2
Only hot guys should be allowed to wear under armor.
2006-10-26, 11:57 AM #3
Well duh, thats why I want to try the heat gear.

It gets hot in the summer. Downsboy.
2006-10-26, 12:00 PM #4
Under armor? Are you talking about those shirts worn under a hauberk and such?
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-10-26, 12:06 PM #5
I'm talking about a brand of clothing.

http://www.underarmor.com
2006-10-26, 12:38 PM #6
I've got some that I used to wear to work out in. But now I just wear them for the warmth. It's breathable so I don't sweat too much, but I maintain a much warmer body temp. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-10-26, 1:15 PM #7
only under my stormtrooper armor
2006-10-26, 1:54 PM #8
I wear something like that underneath my dry cag when kayaking, just acts as a decent insulating layer even when wet.
2006-10-26, 1:57 PM #9
I wore it when I played football. It is quite awesome stuff.
2006-10-26, 2:45 PM #10
Yeah, this stuff works great. I wear it when for our competitions in marching band. It doesn't make you feel disgusting afterwards when you are all sweaty. Also keeps you nice and warm or nice and cool.
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2006-10-26, 3:05 PM #11
We have to wear short shorts for our cross country meets, and I hate short shorts with a passion, so I bought spandex that goes to my knee so everyone doesn't have to see bare man leg when I run. :P
DO NOT WANT.
2006-10-26, 3:29 PM #12
I have a mock cotton t-shirt that I wear for my soccer games. It's lighter than my old uniform and it keeps me a lot cooler as well. I also have a couple of heat gear shirts that I wear under my pads when I play lacrosse or when I'm reffing lacrosse games. They help keep me a lot cooler.
Pissed Off?
2006-10-26, 4:11 PM #13
I wore it for football and I use it when I go out with search and rescue. Very useful and comfortable gear.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2006-10-26, 4:15 PM #14
I'm too fat for this kind of stuff, heh. But looks neat. And Romjae, Search & Rescue? Sounds exciting. You probably have lots of interesting stories to tell.
幻術
2006-10-26, 4:16 PM #15
I wear it when I play paintball. It keeps me cool, and allows for a nice little pocket of air between my 'skin' and my outer clothing to absorb the hit. The first one I tried was a white one I had from football, but it's now yellowishreddishgreenishblueishpinkish, so I bought a black one to replace it.
2006-10-26, 4:24 PM #16
I've got one too. Very nice for winter in minnesota or chicago. AND it fits me really well believe it or not.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-26, 4:27 PM #17
They make Under Armor in children's sizes?
2006-10-26, 4:55 PM #18
Yeah, a couple of my smaller/younger/little bro's friends have some.

I might consider getting one for paintball and wearing under my basketball jersey, since thing jersey + green tshirt can get hot.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-26, 5:04 PM #19
**** that **** that's lame.

Hoodies for life.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 5:06 PM #20
"Hoodies" is one of the most effeminate clothing names I have ever heard. "Hooded sweatshirt" is far more masculine. What are you, some sort of girly man?
2006-10-26, 5:07 PM #21
The ONLY hoodie (see: hooded sweatshirt) I have is one I got at Mount Rushmore.

And it's been worn to hell. I really need a new one. And one that isn't a tourist one...but by God, it's thick and it's bloody warm.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-26, 5:25 PM #22
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]**** that **** that's lame.

Hoodies for life.[/QUOTE]

Wait... so you're saying you run and do sports wearing hoodies? How do you manage that?
DO NOT WANT.
2006-10-26, 5:40 PM #23
wow. I think I might get some.
2006-10-26, 5:41 PM #24
Originally posted by Zell:
Wait... so you're saying you run and do sports wearing hoodies? How do you manage that?

Easily.

But the closest I come to "running and doing sports" is skating anyways. Either way, even most of my friends in CC run with hoodies on.

It's not hard really.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 5:45 PM #25
Originally posted by Koobie:
I'm too fat for this kind of stuff, heh. But looks neat. And Romjae, Search & Rescue? Sounds exciting. You probably have lots of interesting stories to tell.

I've been in for about three years. I love it and yeah I've been a couple interesting adventures
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2006-10-26, 5:49 PM #26
Someone should make an Under Armor/Gortex combination sport clothing line. That would be some awesome stuff.
2006-10-26, 5:56 PM #27
Originally posted by gammasts:
Yeah, this stuff works great. I wear it when for our competitions in marching band. It doesn't make you feel disgusting afterwards when you are all sweaty. Also keeps you nice and warm or nice and cool.

Same here.
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-10-26, 6:01 PM #28
Hoodies are very popular here. Everyone wears them when they play football, basketball, soccer, etc. I own three of them.
Under Armor is slightly rare, but not unheard of.
2006-10-26, 8:03 PM #29

It's not lame at all. They actually make really good stuff that makes a huge difference in terms of keeping you warm or cool when out on the field.

I also have a pait of compression shorts as well. Great because they keep the package from banging around, so to speak and makes wearing a cup a lot more comfortabe too.
Pissed Off?
2006-10-26, 8:25 PM #30
Intersting. I've never heard of it, but I've seen similar products (only ever seen 'em used for, like, kayaking and stuff).

-I'm too fat to wear anything like that. :( I'll stick to my hoodie.
2006-10-26, 8:48 PM #31
Even if you can't find the specific UnderArmor brand, you should be able to find a mock up or generic brand at Walmart or Target. They work generally the same. Note, wash them before use, as they will be really itchy!
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2006-10-26, 9:00 PM #32
I wrote it when I played baseball and occasionally when it is cold and I have to exercise haha

It's some dope stuff

I even wore it on an airplane ride once and it was pretty comfortable
一个大西瓜
2006-10-26, 9:11 PM #33

Hoodies don't do CRAP when you're standing around at the airport outside.

The land is so flat the wind goes right through you at all times.
2006-10-26, 9:13 PM #34
Originally posted by gammasts:
Even if you can't find the specific UnderArmor brand, you should be able to find a mock up or generic brand at Walmart or Target. They work generally the same. Note, wash them before use, as they will be really itchy!

Alot of people at UPS bought mock up Under Armor stuffs and none of them hack it like the real thing, and they're all alot more uncomfortable feeling.

The inside of my cold gear feels as soft as cotton.
2006-10-26, 9:51 PM #35
Originally posted by Rob:
Hoodies don't do CRAP when you're standing around at the airport outside.

The land is so flat the wind goes right through you at all times.

That's what the coat is for. Hoodie + Coat = WIN
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 9:54 PM #36
Originally posted by Avenger:
It's not lame at all. They actually make really good stuff that makes a huge difference in terms of keeping you warm or cool when out on the field.

I also have a pait of compression shorts as well. Great because they keep the package from banging around, so to speak and makes wearing a cup a lot more comfortabe too.

Was just kidding :p

I don't wear underarmor because ANYTHING that does the "second skin" bit just irritates the living hell out of me.

An undershirt is the closest I get.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 9:54 PM #37
Whenever someone mentions Under Armor these days, my thoughts immediately turn to the commercial they have put out recently. It's the ones with the kids on the bus, doing a typical sports chant, with this black kid who is really short leading them, but look as if he's been using HGH for the past 5 years. Seriously, the kid is more built than I am (which isn't saying much), but he can't be older than 12, maybe 13.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-10-26, 10:07 PM #38
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]That's what the coat is for. Hoodie + Coat = WIN[/QUOTE]

Yea but Hoodie+Coat is bulky.

Underarmor is form fitting, so I think that it probably works much better for rob in his situation.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-10-26, 10:19 PM #39
Dude, when I go skiing, the less bulky I can be, the better. Under-armor + wind breaker = 100% upper body warmth and maximum bulk.

Plus it's better for falls. It protects better than layers do.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-26, 10:25 PM #40
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Was just kidding :p

I don't wear underarmor because ANYTHING that does the "second skin" bit just irritates the living hell out of me.

An undershirt is the closest I get.[/QUOTE]

When something gets stuck, broken, or requires a small person I'm usually the person they have squeeze into whatever place.

I can't wear alot of layers.

Underarmor + t-shirt + light jacket works for me.

↑ Up to the top!