Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Snow Crash (uberbook)
Snow Crash (uberbook)
2004-07-05, 5:15 PM #1
I just finished reading Snow Crash, and I have to say, this book is very good. It's set in the future where everybody spends time playing a big MMORPG, and then it starts making people nuts and stuff...good reading, I strongly recommend it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Blown away by the force of the word, woken up by the sound of the siren. It's genocide.
2004-07-05, 6:28 PM #2
Illiterate scumbags!

:\
2004-07-05, 6:33 PM #3
I've heard of it, and it'll probably be on my "to read" list along with a bajillion other books.

Will you be returning to NeS? Please? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Scions of Light
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-07-05, 8:09 PM #4
Snow Crash is astounding and fun and thoughtprovoking and intriguing and mad and full of greatness.

But Cryptonomicon is where it's /really/ at.. dear qod, i lost a whole month of my life to that book, and was so incredibly sad when i finished it, it's so mindfrellingly delicious and immersive and technogeekish.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-05, 9:48 PM #5
I just finished reading Snow Crash for the first time not too long ago... incredibly awesome book. It's like the book I would write if I wrote books.

Now I'm reading Neuromancer by William Gibson.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.

[This message has been edited by Jazzkokehead (edited July 06, 2004).]
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-06, 5:20 AM #6
Altered Carbon.

Seriously, that book is like an orgy of cyberpunk, detective story, and just plain badassedness. Warning VERY graphic sex scenes. VERY.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-06, 5:35 AM #7
Sounds like the .hack series...

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."

↑ Up to the top!