Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thanks a lot, jerks.
Thanks a lot, jerks.
2006-10-26, 6:58 PM #1
Why didn't any of you tell me that Black and White 2 was the best game ever? I feel like I've been missing out. I was half way through with Black and White last night when I spotted a copy of Black and White 2 at Target for $20. At first I thought it was just going to be a better looking B&W...I was very wrong. They added so many new awesome features, and they improved just about everything from the original. If you haven't played B&W or B&W 2, I suggest you pick them up. They are awesome games.

[CENTER](Did I mention B&W 2 looked amazing?)
http://www.iftguild.com/BW2.jpg
[/CENTER]
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-26, 7:00 PM #2
You're welcome, ***.
2006-10-26, 7:01 PM #3
Mother****er! It wont even run on my comp.
****er.
2006-10-26, 7:03 PM #4
Dude. Even Deus Ex 1 won't run on your computer.
幻術
2006-10-26, 7:07 PM #5
Yet UT 99 And that one CnC shooter from ****ING 2003 will!
gurzikmumplefuh...
2006-10-26, 7:09 PM #6
B&W 1 will run on your PC I'm guessing. I think the game even got ported to the PS1.
2006-10-26, 7:10 PM #7
And thus i *cough* cough *Cough* looked for a demo...
>.>
<.<
2006-10-26, 7:14 PM #8
Attachment: 14397/banned.gif (5,572 bytes)
2006-10-26, 7:17 PM #9
B&W2 is a fantastic game....it just requires quite a bit of time that I don't have. :(
2006-10-26, 8:15 PM #10
B&W 2 was terrible, what are you talking about?

B&W, however, was really good. :P

I think i just liked the more personal tribal feeling of B&W over the detached role you play in B&W 2.
2006-10-26, 8:22 PM #11
How is it more detached? It seems like you can do 100% of the things you could do in B&W 1 plus a little bit more. They improved the good/evil system as well as the creature system and the addition of armies was wonderful. Although I will say, B&W 1 had far more silver scrolls (At least so far it seems that way.)
2006-10-26, 8:45 PM #12
In Black and White I got to nurture my little tribe by feeding them and taking care of them. The adored and worshiped me, because I was so good to them. I got to go to individual people and help them with their problems through silver scrolls.

In Black and White 2 I'm a god that gets to play an RTS and que soldiers and tell X amount of villagers to go do this that and the other thing so that we can go conquer more towns. The villagers also never seemed to be happy with me, or grateful. The game also made everything into numbers and points and stuff. I felt like it took away from the 'real'ness of it by doing that. How many gods in mythology are recorded to have sat and waited to accumulate enough points to buy a new building for their people...?
2006-10-26, 8:57 PM #13
i got to the third island in B&W2 and got bored of doing the same old stuff, so i uninstalled the game.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-26, 9:17 PM #14
It's still not that great of a game.

The control system for the hand sucks alot too.
2006-10-26, 9:50 PM #15
Every review on the planet and every PC Gamer's personal review has said B&W2 was mediocre at best.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 9:51 PM #16
I saw a lot of bad reviews about BW2. A lot. All the bad press was very discouraging so I didn't give it a second thought.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-26, 10:07 PM #17
I think the netire concept is pointless, and the point should have been a little more sandbox.

Instead of being you know, an RTS with a giant monster that wrecks **** up.
2006-10-26, 10:43 PM #18
I guess the game has a very specific audience. I love both games, but I just think B&W 2 has so much more to offer. I see what you mean Axis, but those aspects don't seem to bother me as much.

Quote:
Every review on the planet and every PC Gamer's personal review has said B&W2 was mediocre at best.

GameZone - 9/10

PC Zone - 9.3/10

IGN - 8.8/10

Play Magazine - 8.5/10

PC Gamer - 8.3/10

Game Axis - 9/10

IGO (Amped) - 9.3/10

Also...more pretty!

[http://www.iftguild.com/baw.jpg]

[http://www.iftguild.com/baw1.jpg]

[http://www.iftguild.com/baw2.jpg]

[http://www.iftguild.com/baw3.jpg]

[http://www.iftguild.com/baw4.jpg]
2006-10-27, 5:38 AM #19
It's a fun game, but it's in serious need of more silver scrolls and stuff. Oh, and a rival god to play against, that was much for fun that some warlord you hear the thoughts of every so often.

Yes, I'm aware about Battle of the Gods.
nope.
2006-10-27, 11:19 AM #20
OOOOH we got this notion
That we quite like to sail the ocean
So we're buildin' a big ship to leave here for good
We're not keen on sinkin'
So we're all sittin' here a'thinkin'
Cause we simply can't leave till we get some more wood
Idle idle eee
Idle idle eee
We simply can't leave until we get some wood
OOOOH we're not keen on sinkin'
So that's why we're sittin' thinkin'
Cause we simply can't leave till we get some more wood!

That's from memory. might be a little off. Best quest intro from any game ever. Of course, being evil, I always killed them and destroyed the boat, but I kept the music playing one alive. Love that song.

And I don't care if it's from the first Black and White. It is Black and White to me.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-10-27, 11:46 AM #21
Tut, should have helped them. Polar Bear on the 5th land kicks ***.
nope.
2006-10-27, 12:10 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
It's still not that great of a game.

The control system for the hand sucks alot too.

Rob has a lot of trouble controlling his hand...

*snap*
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-10-27, 1:22 PM #23
SAJN, I'm actually rather pissed off at you for saying that no one told you. I freaking told you so many times! You ***! Acting like I wasted money buying it and not believing me when i said it was good.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2006-10-27, 1:44 PM #24
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Rob has a lot of trouble controlling his hand...

*snap*

PFFFT,

I am way better at palm piloting than you'll ever be.
2006-10-27, 1:55 PM #25
Lets all give Rob a hand...
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-10-27, 2:14 PM #26
Please, I don't need any.

I have two already.

And I'm ambidextrous.
2006-10-27, 3:33 PM #27
PFFFT,

I am way better at palm piloting than you'll ever be.

Your mom taught you all your tricks, didn't she?
D E A T H
2006-10-27, 9:18 PM #28
She was too busy being high.
2006-10-27, 10:12 PM #29
She was too busy being high.

Oh, so your dad decided to teach you then.

Fatherly love and all that I guess. Or something.

I swear you MDssassians get weirder and weirder.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!