Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Steven and the Adventure with a Double Play
Steven and the Adventure with a Double Play
2006-10-27, 12:39 AM #1
"Hey."

"What?"

"Order me a margarita."

"What? Why?"

"I'm too embarassed to order one for myself. They're girly."

"No, I won't, that's even worse."

Steven gave his friend a dissaproving look, then buried his nose in the menu again. His friend sighed, then picked up his own menu.

Steven, the friend with beard, and the crazy redhead girl from The Adventure with the Blind Date were having lunch together. It had taken some doing, but Steven managed to make peace with the girl he had bailed out on their first and last date. They were now on speaking terms, since the friend with beard started dating her.

"Are you ready to order?"

"Not yet we're still--" The friend with the beard looked up at the waitress, and cut off mid sentence. He gawked for a moment, before regaining himself. "We're still looking."

Steven wondered why the friend with the beard suddenly stopped talking, so he looked up from his menu. His eyes beheld one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. She was tall, had long, dark hair tied neatly behind her head, bright, clear green eyes, and smooth ivory skin. She filled out her uniform quite nicely, and had the right curves in the right places. Steven noted that her name badge read "Susan".

"Alright then, I'll be back in a minute." Susan headed back to the kitchen.

"DUDE! Did you see her? Wow!" The friend with the beard was ecstatic.

"Yeah, wow!"

"Man, if I--" The girl with red hair shot the friend with the beard an evil look. "If I wasn't so in love with this wonderful girl, who I am so in love with, I might think things..."

"I know what you mean."

"You should talk to her."

"Me? Hmm." Steven thought for a while, then looked back at his menu. "Well, I'm ready to order, how about you?"

The other two nodded in agreement, so Steven motioned for the waitress to come back.

"What can I get you?"

Steven spoke to her.

"Well, Susan..."

They placed their order. Steven smiled politely to her as she wrote it down. He noticed she kept looking at him, more often and for longer than a strager should or usually does. After she left, Steven had his mind made up.

---

"So, what happened?" The friend with beard and the girl with red hair were waiting for Steven near the car. They had come out of the restaurant, but Steven stayed inside. "Did you get it?"

"What do you think?" Steven asked wearily.

"Hah, I knew you couldn't."

"Yeah? Well you don't know much." Steven produced a sheet of paper with the name Susan written on it, followed by 7 digits.

"Cool."

Steven waited a day, then called her up. They went on a few dates, just minor activity. Nothing serious, but Steven liked the girl well enough to keep it up. She attended the University, and had finals coming up, so she wouldn't be free for a while.

---

The following week, Steven was feeling a bit lonely, as all of his friends were at work or otherwise occupied that particular evening, so he headed to his favorite drinking establishment, The Dirty Bird.

The Dirty Bird was a popular locale for college students and professors who worked or attended the local Univeristy. Unlike most other establishments of its kind in the area, it was clean and well run, and was a rather pleasant place to spend spare time.

As he was sitting at the bar watching football, he heard the door squeak open. In walked a pair of long, thin legs. They were shapely, and led up to a short skirt. Above the skirt was a white blouse, open at the top to reveal a nice body and a plunging neckline. Light brown hair framed a soft, gentle, pretty face. This was obviously one of the professors at the nearby University. Steven figured she was older than him, but she was thin and attractive, so he couldn't tell how much older. When a woman looks like she did, though, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

She took an empty seat next to Steven. She ordered the same drink Steven had just consumed. His glass was empty, but he waited to get it refilled. When he saw that she had finished her drink, he motioned for the bartender to come over.

"Two, please." The woman smiled at Steven, and they began talking. She was a professor of Politcal Science at the University, and lived nearby. They seemed to hit it off quite well, regardless of the unkown number of years they had between them. It was getting late, but it was a Friday night, so she decided to stay a little bit longer. They chatted about various things for a while. They laughed and had a good time. He told her stories about his silly adventures, she told stories about her days in college. She had a daughet who was in school, and she had no time for anything fun lately. Steven told her to relax and have a good time. A little bit longer turned into a lot longer, and after some time, they both decided to leave. He realized that they had been sitting their for nearly three hours, and he had only had one drink. He had barely touched his second glass.

As they walked out, the woman whispered something into Steven's ear.

She got into her car, and he got into his. He folowed her out of the lot, and toward her apartment. As he was driving, Steven got a call from Susan, the waitress he had met a few days prior.

"Hey, what are you up to right now? I'm free, I hope it's not to late to do something."

Steven knew he had a good thing going already, and he didn't want to risk it.

"Sorry, it's getting late, and I have to get up early in the morning."

She understood, so they ended the conversation politely, on the promise he would call her when he was free.

He arrived at the apartment building the woman lived in. She lived on the fourth floor, so they waited for the elevator. They watched as the lights indicated fourth, third, second, first floor. The doors opened, and out walked Susan the waitress.

"Steven? I thought you were going to bed early."

The woman's face became puzzled. "Steven? You know Susan?"

Steven was quite confused.

"Mom, you know Steven?"

Suddenly, it became clear what had happened.

"How do you know my mom?"

"How do you know my daughter?"

Steven stood in dumb silence.

"Where were you going with my mom?"

"Wait, is this the Steven you've been telling me about?"

"Yeah, I met him at work. How do you know him?"

"I met him at the Dirty Bird."

"Mom! You're old enough to be his mother!"

"Well, I didn't know he was your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend, we've only dated a few times."

"Well, I didn't know!"

"But you're way older than him!"

Steven noticed the two attractive women had turned their attention from him to each other, so he tried to sneak away.

"Not so fast." They chimed in unison.

"Um, yes?" Steven replied sheepishly.

They stopped their useless arguing with each other, and turned their wrath onto Steven. They barraged him with a torrent of questions, exclamations, and rather rude statements that hurt Steven's feelings. He cried inside. Steven was a very sensitive person, despite his gruff, manly exterior. He stood there in front of the elevator, stupidly, and didn't say anything. After a short while, they both stopped. Steven spoke up.

"I'm sorry."

"Well, it's not good enough." The older woman snarled.

"Yeah, you're a loser." The younger woman added.

"Get out of here."

"Yeah, I never want to speak to you again."

Steven turned away, got into his car, and drove back to the Dirty Bird. He walked up to the door, then changed his mind. He drove down the street to Daniel's Market, bought some alcohol, then went home to drink alone.
2006-10-27, 12:48 AM #2
Aw man, no daughter and mom action? /_\
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-27, 1:06 AM #3
So completely and totally owned. Multitasking never works with women:p

Awesome story, keep writing. These stories are always so funny.

o.0
2006-10-27, 1:07 AM #4
A character gets a name!?
You've broken a rule.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-27, 7:08 AM #5
My God, I haven't laughed like this in a long time. Keep the stories going, this is kick ***.
2006-10-27, 7:12 AM #6
oh man that was an awesome story.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-10-27, 7:18 AM #7
:D
2006-10-27, 7:19 AM #8
Why do I have to read this now at work. I am choking to try and stop laughing. :D haha! NEVER stop writing these stories. My face lights up with happiness every time I see an Adventure of Steven thread. :D
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-10-27, 7:21 AM #9
Are these stories based on real events at all, or entirely fictional?

In any case, this was quite a worthwhile read before I go out and take a quiz for Differential Equations... :)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-10-27, 7:24 AM #10
hahahaha
pwned
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-10-27, 7:28 AM #11
They're mostly true. Fabrication is used only to recreate minute details that I may have forgotten. For instance, maybe I was at the Red Fox and not the Dirty Bird. I don't exactly remember, but I am pretty sure it was the Bird. It also accounts for the fact that I don't actually call anyone "the friend with the - " or "the girl with - ", I don't remember what anyone was wearing exactly, or things of that sort, mostly just little details, but the main plot is completely true.

Also, this story is due in part to a PM from imsoshort requesting another story.
2006-10-27, 8:19 AM #12
Poll is unanimous. CONTINUE.
2006-10-27, 8:27 AM #13
Ha ha, great story.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-10-27, 9:25 AM #14
Those who voted for me to stop:

Would you please explain to my why you don't like my stories, or think I should stop?

Please try to give me a legitamate reason. "They're stupid" or "They're retarded" aren't very useful in helping me improve myself as a writer. Try to be at least a little bit constructive. "The writing style is poor" and giving details is a useful criticism, "they're dumb" is not. Is it the writing style? Are the plots confusing? Perhaps they're boring stories? Maybe you just don't like me, personally? Whatever the reason, please let me know what you don't like about them, so I can attempt to better myself.
2006-10-27, 9:32 AM #15
I find these stories amusing, but I keep asking, "Why?"

What exactly is the point of your adventures?
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-10-27, 9:35 AM #16
Originally posted by Steven:
Those who voted for me to stop:

Would you please explain to my why you don't like my stories, or think I should stop?

Please try to give me a legitamate reason. "They're stupid" or "They're retarded" aren't very useful in helping me improve myself as a writer. Try to be at least a little bit constructive. "The writing style is poor" and giving details is a useful criticism, "they're dumb" is not. Is it the writing style? Are the plots confusing? Perhaps they're boring stories? Maybe you just don't like me, personally? Whatever the reason, please let me know what you don't like about them, so I can attempt to better myself.

I like you. I should have bid in your auction. Many would have completely flipped out after the crap said in the auction thread, but you are instead using it as a way to possibly improve yourself. I really respect you. Secks now plz!1 :v:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-10-27, 10:53 AM #17
Originally posted by petmc20:
I find these stories amusing, but I keep asking, "Why?"

What exactly is the point of your adventures?

I write them partially to practice writing. It's not something I am very good at. I am much better at telling stories in person, but I would like to improve communicating in written form. I always get A's on essays and such, but I am not very good at writing prose or stories.

I also write them to get a chuckle out of the forum goers. If I can make you guys laugh a bit, or at least smile, it's a good thing. I guess the point of my adventures are the same as any of the other threads in this, or almost any other forum: amusement.
2006-10-27, 5:24 PM #18
Originally posted by Steven:

Stop caring so much what a few individuals think. You obviously have the approval of the majority, which is more then a lot of posters get and that doesn't stop them from posting.
Sometimes people won't like people for no reason at all, sometimes people will suddenly get bored. And sometimes people will vote stop because you are demanding why others voted stop, and they feel like screwing with you.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-10-27, 5:34 PM #19
More!
2006-10-27, 9:13 PM #20
steven your stories always cheer me up when i'm feeling down. dont stop.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-27, 9:36 PM #21
O_o
Attachment: 14405/O_o.jpg (104,188 bytes)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-10-27, 9:38 PM #22
I noticed that tOO.
ADMIN CORR-SNIP-
2006-10-28, 12:42 PM #23
Who keeps messing with the poll?

I bet it's Wolfy.
2006-10-28, 12:44 PM #24
I'm going to vote yes just because I want to see if my vote get's deleted. I'm really indifferent.
nope.
2006-10-28, 6:19 PM #25
Wow, what's the point of even having polls if admins can just screw with them.
2006-10-28, 6:41 PM #26
Ask Wolfy.
2006-10-28, 6:46 PM #27
Clearly because we're corrupt and hate you all.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-10-28, 8:38 PM #28
Why am I the automatic target of suspicion?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-10-28, 9:15 PM #29
You question it, but not deny, hmmm... =p
2006-10-28, 9:19 PM #30
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Why am I the automatic target of suspicion?

Because everyone likes Dr Drew and MB pays people.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-29, 8:43 AM #31
Really funny, although a little predictable.

But nevertheless they somehow always get me down, because I want Steven to finally succeed. .(
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-10-29, 10:09 AM #32
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Clearly because we're corrupt and hate you all.

i love you :D

↑ Up to the top!