Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How ironic.
How ironic.
2006-10-28, 9:20 AM #1
So I got a job a Cingular recently to be a sales consultant. They have a lengthy training program of three weeks. You have about 18 hours of online self-paced training for a week and a corresponding 8-hour Saturday in-class training with other new hires from around the district and a with a director. Today would have been that first Saturday of in-class training for me. Emphasis on the "would have" part.

So I had everything prepared. I had all the materials I would need, I had the address and directions and even the phone number for the director in case I got lost. Last night, when I tried to set my alarm on my cell phone and also plug it in to be charged for the night, I found it to be completely dead and powered off, which has never happened before. It was fine this morning, until, when I inevitably got lost, I tried to call home, then I tried to call the director. Both times, a fast busy signal, which is indicative of a cell station that is overloaded. I tried again and again and again as I was driving around looking for this damn place, and still the same thing. I finally had to give up cause I could not contact anyone and I could not find the damn place. I'm home now and it still doesn't work. So I missed the training class which means I'll have to take the next one, which I don't know when that will be. Here's the kicker: my phone is through Sprint, which I am still under contract for. :(

I really want to stab someone. :mad:
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-10-28, 9:24 AM #2
If I need to be someplace I've never been and it's very important to be there, (basically only job-related), I scout out the place ahead of time.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-28, 10:00 AM #3
What kind of directions did you have? Mapquest printout, or just notes? I find using the satellite image from google maps works for me pretty well.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-10-28, 10:08 AM #4
thats not irony.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-28, 10:10 AM #5
Like ray-hee-aiin on your wedding day.
2006-10-28, 10:25 AM #6
Originally posted by Freelancer:
If I need to be someplace I've never been and it's very important to be there, (basically only job-related), I scout out the place ahead of time.

Except this place is 45 minutes away, which is an incredible waste of gas.

Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
What kind of directions did you have? Mapquest printout, or just notes? I find using the satellite image from google maps works for me pretty well.

I just had notes since I have to printer. The directions were pretty easy though, that's what I don't understand. Get on highway, exit here, take a right, take a left, take the u-turn, and I should have been there. I couldn't find it anywhere though!

And yes, it is ironic. When I started selling wireless I discovered that Sprint sucks, and now, my phone not working is affecting my job with Cingular, one of their competitors. I find that extremely ironic. But, since I will get an employee line with Cingular I can dump Sprint soon enough.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-10-28, 10:30 AM #7
It's not ironic. I know why you think it's ironic, but that's not what irony is.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-10-28, 10:31 AM #8
That's still not irony.

And you're kind of at fault here. I mean, you could have probably taken extra precautions to make sure you could find this place. Furthermore, you could have stopped and asked for directions. Oh, and 45 minutes isn't that bad when you're willing to drive all the way out on the day you're supposed to be there, but then give up because your cell phone isn't automatically telling you what to do.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-28, 11:35 AM #9
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
Except this place is 45 minutes away, which is an incredible waste of gas.
And what would you call your failed expedition? That wasn't a waste of gas?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!