Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gonna buy a Zen Vision M
Gonna buy a Zen Vision M
2006-10-28, 2:54 PM #1
Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a Zen Vision M 30gb... but being the cheap *** I am, I don't want to spend the 300 bucks canadian on it just yet =D

I found that Compustore has a 30 dollar MIR so it essentially knocks off the 14% tax. But I still want to see if I can get it for any cheaper. So, do you guys know any other place besides them selling at a 299.99 price point? Also, if you know any online American retailers that will ship to Canada is also a plus too!

Thanks in advance!
\(='_'=)/
2006-10-28, 4:19 PM #2
I suggest the Gigabeat S or the Zune if you're going for 30gig mp3/movie players. They both go through WMP10 though, is the only downside, but they're more versatile from what I hear.

That's horrible advice as far as what you're looking for, but hey :p
D E A T H
2006-10-28, 4:55 PM #3
Hmm, thanks yoshi for the suggestions, I'll reply back once I do a research on the other two. But your right about the Zune. I should definately wait wait for it. If i remembered correctly, it has sub-par battery life.

But im still interested if you guys know any online retailers that ship to Canada though = ]

Thanks again
\(='_'=)/
2006-10-28, 5:04 PM #4
haha you live in one of the places with PST!
Alberta FTW!
2006-10-28, 5:28 PM #5
Alright, I just did a quick and dirty research of the two. For the Gigabeat S, I really like the lay out. Very simple, very clean and sleek. But in terms of tech, they are pretty much on par with each other except for one MAJOR aspect- video support, and display quality.

The Vision takes Divx 4,5, Xvid, mpeg 1,2,4, wmv9, and motion jpeg NATIVELY. This alone will save me hours of transcoding. Also, the screen has 252k colours versus the gigabeat s' (same as ipod too) the 65k colours.

And for the Zune, it looks really nice too! I think its the best looking one out of the three, but my gripes on the player are pretty much the same. The zune's video format support isn't all that great either. And I can't seem to find detailed specs on the display. But the 3" is definately a plus over the zen!

Finally, I took a look at Cnet and their user reviews or horrible already 6.1 / 10 out of just 10 reviews versus the 8.4 out of 300 plus users reviews for the Zen (the white one has 7/ 10 though with 22 reviews). But when the Zune comes into the stores, I'll take a look at it for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up Yoshi. But the awesome display for the Zen Vision M and their video support is really attractive to me. Though, if you know any other players within this class please let me know = ]

Thanks
\(='_'=)/
2006-10-28, 5:29 PM #6
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Alberta FTW!

Not everyone sits ontop of oil = (
\(='_'=)/
2006-10-28, 8:58 PM #7
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Alberta FTW!

Oh yeah? Well, it just dropped by 1%, so there ;)
God it's pathetic.
2006-10-28, 10:10 PM #8
I got a 30 GB Ipod for 75 bucks used, and I've got the 2 year applecare on it.

Total: 110 bucks.

:D

So when this breaks down They'll probably replace it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!