Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Saw III
Saw III
2006-10-28, 7:26 PM #1
Thank god. This movie didn't suck! It's just as good as Saw and Saw II. I think Saw III ended up being just as good as Saw II (which I enjoyed more than Saw.), but not better. Once again the amount of things that will make your stomach turn are greater than in the previous film. The most gruesome scene in the movie isn't even about torture. It's actually Jigsaw having his skull cut open during surgery....I squirmed around in my seat so much during that scene. I can't believe the scene was so long. I wanted the camera to cut away so bad at many parts but they kept showing it! This movie just like Saw and Saw II has a plot twist that once again has us guessing the entire movie what it is. The movie ends with room for Saw IV , but I have no idea how they are going to pull it off. I know the actor that plays Jigsaw signed on for a few more sequels, but now that he's dead (The character not the actor) I don't know how they will fit him in. I'm guessing that perhaps they will use him for flashbacks explaining more of who that woman he loved was, etc...etc... It would be nice if they stopped making these movies now. So far the Saw series has been awesome and it would be great to end it as a Trilogy, but somehow I don't see that happening.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-28, 7:34 PM #2
I think the plan is to release one every year for Halloween until the trend dies off.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-10-28, 7:47 PM #3
I read somewhere that they are writing multiple scripts for Saw IV. Personally, I thought they should stop with the first Saw, but oh well.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-10-28, 9:37 PM #4
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]It's just as good as Saw and Saw II.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, all I needed to hear.
2006-10-28, 9:38 PM #5
I'll just get this out of the way so the rest of you don't have to post it.

"Saw sucks! Saw II sucked too. Saw II was a horrible sequel. Saw III is going to suck. I never actually viewed any of the Saw films but I still say they suck."
2006-10-28, 9:40 PM #6
I never actually saw a Saw film, mostly because I don't really enjoy watching people getting their fingers cut off and such.
幻術
2006-10-28, 10:02 PM #7
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]"Saw sucks! Saw II sucked too. Saw II was a horrible sequel. Saw III is going to suck. I never actually viewed any of the Saw films but I still say they suck."[/QUOTE]
Thanks, all I needed to hear.
2006-10-28, 10:51 PM #8
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I'll just get this out of the way so the rest of you don't have to post it.

"Saw sucks! Saw II sucked too. Saw II was a horrible sequel. Saw III is going to suck. I never actually viewed any of the Saw films but I still say they suck."[/QUOTE]

Only I have seen some of the Saw movies, and I thought it sucked. There's nothing captivating about so-called "intriguing" means to torture people, albeit the movies did have good cinematography. If I want a creative serial killer film I'll watch Silence of the Lambs or SE7EN.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-10-28, 11:10 PM #9
Originally posted by Koobie:
I never actually saw a Saw film, mostly because I don't really enjoy watching people getting their fingers cut off and such.

Yeah, honestly I don't see why people would want to watch these movies :P
2006-10-28, 11:16 PM #10
Because they are good? Isn't that why most people watch movies? The movies, even if they are bloody and twisted in some parts have story lines and twists that make you think. The main villain is awesome and people love his scenes. It's just such a breath of fresh air from the Hollywood horror flick formula of letting a killer loose on a group of teenagers in some desolate town. It's understandable to say it isn't your cup of tea, but I don't think it's right to say you can't see why anyone would want to see it. (Especially if you haven't seen it yourself.)
2006-10-28, 11:24 PM #11
But I can't see why anyone would want to see it. I never said it was bad, I was just speaking my mind. :P
2006-10-29, 12:01 AM #12
I thought the first one had horrible acting and so therefore did not watch any subsequent ones.
一个大西瓜
2006-10-29, 12:05 AM #13
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort] It's just such a breath of fresh air from the Hollywood horror flick formula of letting a killer loose on a group of teenagers in some desolate town.[/QUOTE]Or you could go pick up something by John Carpenter and watch a real horror movie.
I'm joking. Kind of.

I've been meaning to rent Saw since it was released, but it seems like there's always something else I want to watch more. I'll have make an effort to pick it up next week, see if it lives up to the hype.
2006-10-29, 12:38 AM #14
Meh, Saw is just as lame and gimmicky as any other horror movie out there.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-10-29, 1:56 AM #15
I've only recently watched Saw 1 + 2 since I moved into the halls at Uni (my floormates had them), and I have to say that I was a little disappointed. They were perfectly watchable and I enjoyed them, don't get me wrong, but I guess I had my expectations built up to far having not seen them for so long after they came out. Jigsaw was an awesome badguy, though. Especially the opening to Saw 2 with the key :D

↑ Up to the top!