Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Diablo
Diablo
2006-10-29, 10:41 AM #1
Is Diablo II: LOD worth buying?

Please tell me what is good about it and whats not.]

Thank you.
Back again
2006-10-29, 10:51 AM #2
Assassin FTW. You should be able to get it awfully cheap by now..
woot!
2006-10-29, 10:53 AM #3
It is a lot of fun, and very addicting, and you'll play for six weeks without stopping and then put it down for a year and a half. After that time is up, you'll play for six weeks straight without stopping again.. :p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-10-29, 11:08 AM #4
I accidently broke my disc and getting a replacement is more expensive, than buying it again. .(
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-10-29, 11:12 AM #5
Originally posted by happydud:
It is a lot of fun, and very addicting, and you'll play for six weeks without stopping and then put it down for a year and a half. After that time is up, you'll play for six weeks straight without stopping again.. :p

Exactly my situation. I've been through about 8 or 9 cycles of this by now. I'm fond of Necromancers and sometimes sorcs.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-29, 11:18 AM #6

My situation as well. I'm a big fan of the Paladin. Having to replenish mana with some of the other classes annoys me.
2006-10-29, 11:24 AM #7
I played nearly nonstop for 3 years. . .so yes, it's a lot of fun.
My blawgh.
2006-10-29, 11:27 AM #8
I played with a Paladin right the way through to the final act, before someone uninstalled the game on me. I tried to go through again with the Amazon, but I didn't have the motivation. Hate it when that happens :(
2006-10-29, 11:37 AM #9
It was good till WoW.

My main characters were lightning sorc, fire druid, summoning druid (Not good online...), warebear druid, and poke amazon.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-10-29, 12:58 PM #10
Necro was my favorite, but my palidan was awesome, even at level 23.

I put all my skill points into Thorns (takes damage done to you, multiplies by insane amounts done back to enemy) and Sacrifice (increases damage by rediculous %). I also had awesome gear, so basically:

With all my armor/stats, average enemies had about a 50% chance of hitting me.
My shield had a 60% chance to block.

So if they managed to hit me, they pretty much killed themselves, because of thorns, which was dealing 450% damage back to the enemy. If they didn't die, and I hit them, my mace would do 340%ish damage to them. I did poison, lightning, and cold damage, and at level 23 was doing something like 350-480 damage per hit.

Put this way, I didn't hit Duriel, he killed himself before I could.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-10-29, 1:02 PM #11
Necro was my favorite, but my palidan was awesome, even at level 23.

I put all my skill points into Thorns (takes damage done to you, multiplies by insane amounts done back to enemy) and Sacrifice (increases damage by rediculous %). I also had awesome gear, so basically:

With all my armor/stats, average enemies had about a 50% chance of hitting me.
My shield had a 60% chance to block.

So if they managed to hit me, they pretty much killed themselves, because of thorns, which was dealing 450% damage back to the enemy. If they didn't die, and I hit them, my mace would do 340%ish damage to them. I did poison, lightning, and cold damage, and at level 23 was doing something like 350-480 damage per hit.

Put this way, I didn't hit Duriel, he killed himself before I could.

Thorns sucks because monsters do insanely poor damage compared to how many HP they have. Simply put: beyond Act 3 normal, thorns is absolutely worthless.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-29, 1:04 PM #12
yes, get it. Trust me, you'll love it. I play it regularly, and it's the only game I'm truly addicted to
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-29, 1:36 PM #13
I hate the combat in it.

It's really just alot of.. not fun if you ask me.

Clicky click clicky click click click.

I'd rather have an action RPG I could play with a gamepad.
2006-10-29, 1:59 PM #14
You don't have to keep clicking. It's easier just to hold down the mouse button on an enemy.
2006-10-29, 3:57 PM #15
I got it working in WINE last year, and a bunch of friends and I played for hours on end in the local network of the dorm. People stopped playing one by one, one guy's excuse was, "I can't keep doing this, I'm not fifteen any more."
:master::master::master:
2006-10-29, 6:15 PM #16

Ain't that the truth? Every time I get the urge to play D2:LoD I have to find something less addictive, like say.. crack, to get my through. Otherwise I can kiss the free time I would have had for the next 6 - 10 weeks goodbye until I get sick of how repetitive it is after you beat B'aal.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-10-30, 12:02 AM #17
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]You don't have to keep clicking. It's easier just to hold down the mouse button on an enemy.[/QUOTE]

Only if you play a melee character. If you play a sorc, you have to click for most attacks. Or better yet, just play a skelemancer. You won't have to click at ALL to kill monsters. :D
2006-10-30, 12:05 AM #18
If you could move via arrow keys, the game would be 10 times easier.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-10-30, 12:08 AM #19

damn i died
2006-10-30, 7:22 AM #20
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Only if you play a melee character. If you play a sorc, you have to click for most attacks. Or better yet, just play a skelemancer. You won't have to click at ALL to kill monsters. :D

Unfortunately, summoning necros get pretty useless at higher difficulties.
:master::master::master:
2006-10-30, 8:23 AM #21
Originally posted by stat:
Unfortunately, summoning necros get pretty useless at higher difficulties.

You haven't played much since 1.09. That much is obvious. Summoners are among the most powerful characters in 1.11. Skellies in particular got a massive buff in 1.10.
2006-10-30, 9:47 AM #22
I always used pets and a really powerful bonewall.

And shot out those spine things to help my pets.

But I only made it about halfway through the game before I gave up and never played again.
2006-10-30, 9:49 AM #23
I once saw an account of a guy who went through the whole game with nothing but bone wall, bone prison, and his curses. His strategy was to simply trap and curse all the monsters and he only engaged the ones he had to (with his mercenary).
2006-10-30, 9:52 AM #24
That's...

special.
:p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!