Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bad horror flicks
Bad horror flicks
2006-10-29, 6:58 PM #1
My housemates and I are having a little Halloween get-together on Tuesday, and I want to line up some real stinkers for us to watch. Now, I'm not talking "ugh, I want the last two hours of my life back" bad. I want b-movies that are ridiculously terrible, and will entertain the inebriated. I already have "Jesus Christ Vampire Slayer", but I need a couple more.

Fire away, wise Massassians!
2006-10-29, 7:01 PM #2
Don't Look In The Basement
Moon of the Wolf
Scream of the Wolf
Manos: Hands of Fate
Silent Night, Bloody Night
FearDotCom
The Ring
The Grudge
Dark Water
Killjoy
Killjoy 2
Totem
Night of the Living Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-10-29, 7:05 PM #3
the blood and gore in BloodRayne is pretty ridiculous
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-10-29, 7:08 PM #4
Oops. You put The Ring down. You MUST be mistaken. I think he meant to put The Ring 2.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-29, 7:11 PM #5
Actually, you're mistaken. It's a common misconception that The Ring and The Ring Two were different movies.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-10-29, 7:14 PM #6
Carrie
Pissed Off?
2006-10-29, 7:15 PM #7
Check the SA movie reviews.
2006-10-29, 7:37 PM #8
Castle Freak!
-or-
10,000 Maniacs
Blood Red
Blood Feast
Zombie Doom (though this is more of a "this is so terrible, who gave those people a camera?" kind of bad)
Wasp Woman

Of course, you should just get Dead Alive, because that movie ****ing rules.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-29, 8:43 PM #9
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Oops. You put The Ring down. You MUST be mistaken. I think he meant to put The Ring 2.[/QUOTE]

He meant to include both because like most M night shamawhatever movies they sucked hardcore.
2006-10-29, 8:52 PM #10
People who don't like M. Night Shyamalan movies are just stupid. They have an IQ lower than their age and they suck. That isFACT. His movies aren't just popcorn flicks. All of his films have meanings relating to events happening today. I haven't heard a single good argument from any of The Village haters as to why it sucked. The Village is one of the most deep and amazing films made in the past decade and people shrug it off as a boring nothing film. These people are stupid. M Night Shyamalan is a great director that loves to hide in tidbits for people to find. It isn't his fault that people forgot how real movies are made.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-29, 9:00 PM #11
People like Sajn master are fat, annoying, opinionated, and have large noses.

Anybody who debates this, is debating against fact. Otherwise known as my opinion. Except the parts about being fat, because he's fat. And has a large nose. Etc.

If you disagree with me you're stupid as hell. You probable drool on yourself to.

I'm talking down to you. That means you should agree. Afterall, I won awards for writing in highschool. And I was in an honors class. Yay for me, I'm better than you. I will continue to talk down to you because I am so awesome.

^Thats what you sound like.

Atleast when I talk down to people all I do is make fun of them. You on the other hand try to make everyone feel like an idiot because they don't agree with you.

That said.

You can cram whatever meaning, whatever parrelels, anything you want into a movie, a painting, a song, or into any other piece of art you can think of. It doesn't make it better. And it most assuredly doesn't make it not suck. MAybe you're someone that doesn't grasp the concept of minimalism. And that's okay, because you're an idiot anyways. Maybe you're someone who delights in seeing things you think other people don't see. Thats alright, because no one cares.

M Night Shamaface sucks. The end.

Maybe you're someone that doesn't grasp the concept of minimalism. And that's okay, because you're an idiot anyways. Maybe you're someone who delights in seeing things you think other people don't see. Thats alright, because no one cares.

You're going to die.

I'm going to die.

We're all going to die. It doesn't really matter.

PS, I'm right and you aren't.
2006-10-29, 9:03 PM #12
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I haven't heard a single good argument from any of The Village haters as to why it sucked.[/QUOTE]

Boring, predictable story.

Characters I couldn't care less about.

I nearly fell asleep during the movie.

And, seriously, can't you come up with a better argument for M. Night's movies other than "lol ur a stupidface :v:"? I liked Lady in the Water, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, and Signs, but The Village was just a disappointing film.
2006-10-29, 9:08 PM #13
I liked the Sixth Sense.. but, it was still sorta meh.
2006-10-29, 9:09 PM #14
Bad movies?

See: Mystery Science Theater 3000
2006-10-29, 9:12 PM #15
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Bad movies?

See: Mystery Science Theater 3000[/QUOTE]

yeah but those are kinda funny
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-10-29, 9:36 PM #16
http://www.badmovies.org/
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2006-10-29, 9:50 PM #17
You should try to get some Troma films. Bloodsucking Freaks, Dumpster Baby and even Terror Firmer are some of my favorites :)
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2006-10-29, 10:24 PM #18
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]People who don't like M. Night Shyamalan movies are just stupid. They have an IQ lower than their age and they suck. That isFACT. His movies aren't just popcorn flicks. All of his films have meanings relating to events happening today. I haven't heard a single good argument from any of The Village haters as to why it sucked. The Village is one of the most deep and amazing films made in the past decade and people shrug it off as a boring nothing film. These people are stupid. M Night Shyamalan is a great director that loves to hide in tidbits for people to find. It isn't his fault that people forgot how real movies are made.[/QUOTE]

I think that M. Night Shyamalan would be a stupendous director if he'd just make a damned horror film already. The Villiage was interesting until the only good part, otherwise known as the creatures who weren't creatures and therefor sucked, got taken away.

I was HOPING that he'd just show those ridiculous looking things killing some innocent townsfolk. But no. It just *had* to have a stupid twist. His formula is getting old fast, and his movies have been old hat for some time.

I think he has great potential to make a good horror movie, he just needs to stop trying to be innovative in his films. Use that great ability to create evil and leave it evil. Make it kill. Show it killing.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-10-29, 10:27 PM #19
DEAD ALIVE

"I kick *** in the name of the lord!"
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-10-30, 4:20 AM #20
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle] DEAD ALIVE

"I kick *** in the name of the lord!"[/QUOTE]
The man is right! (If you can't find it look for Braindead which is it's alternative title)

Also see if you can find some of the Leprechaun films. It's got Warwick Davies and some pretty bad jokes all the way through.
2006-10-30, 4:44 AM #21
If you can find attack of the killer clowns that should fit the bill.
2006-10-30, 5:07 AM #22
How did I forget Plan 9?

Plan 9 from Outer Space.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-30, 5:18 AM #23
White Noise and Gothika.
2006-10-30, 5:35 AM #24
Freddy vs Jason. I saw this a little while ago, it was pretty bad but watchable.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-10-30, 5:45 AM #25
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]People who don't like M. Night Shyamalan movies are just stupid. They have an IQ lower than their age and they suck. That isFACT. His movies aren't just popcorn flicks. All of his films have meanings relating to events happening today. I haven't heard a single good argument from any of The Village haters as to why it sucked. The Village is one of the most deep and amazing films made in the past decade and people shrug it off as a boring nothing film. These people are stupid. M Night Shyamalan is a great director that loves to hide in tidbits for people to find. It isn't his fault that people forgot how real movies are made.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahaha.

hahaha.

ha.

If you can find a copy of Dead & Breakfast, TAKE IT. It's like the american version of Shaun of The Dead, and is incredibly hilarious, in more ways then one. One such way?

Singing. Zombies.

Yes, thats right. Singing Zombies.
2006-10-30, 5:59 AM #26
The Devil's Rejects
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-10-30, 6:21 AM #27
Originally posted by Roach:
How did I forget Plan 9?

Plan 9 from Outer Space.
I tried watching that and it was so bad it wasn't funny. It ended up being kind of sad.

If you want real horror then you want Gigli.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-10-30, 8:20 AM #28
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle] DEAD ALIVE

"I kick *** in the name of the lord!"[/QUOTE]

That quote alone is enough to convince me :D . I'll write these all down, then see what the local Blockbuster is carrying.

Thanks a bundle!

As for The Ring and The Ring 2, personally:
-The Ring creeped me out to the max. There's just something about malevolent undead little girls that I can't take. Also why I almost **** myself playing F.E.A.R.

-The Ring 2 was quite disappointing. The camera bit in the washroom kind of got to me, but the horrible CGI later on helped to ruin the spooky feeling. Actually, even aside from the CGI, I didn't think that whole deer scene fit at all.
2006-10-30, 9:14 AM #29
Originally posted by Martyn:
If you can find attack of the killer clowns that should fit the bill.

i think you're thinking of Killer Klowns from Outer Space

and you're right, it fits the bill quite nicely.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-30, 9:32 AM #30
Prince of Darkness. You can't beat liquid Satan and his army of evil homeless!
2006-10-30, 2:48 PM #31

If you're going to defend Shyamalan, don't use The Village as an example. The ending twist simply and utterly sucked hardcore.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2006-10-30, 10:33 PM #32
Originally posted by Ford:
i think you're thinking of Killer Klowns from Outer Space

and you're right, it fits the bill quite nicely.

You might be right! If the small one 'punches someone's block off' then it's the one I'm thinking of! :D
2006-10-30, 10:40 PM #33
Originally posted by Roach:
How did I forget Plan 9?

Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Hell yes. Was about to suggest it myself. Plan 9 is absolutely hilarious.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-10-31, 12:19 AM #34
From Dusk Till Dawn

It has Harvey Keitel as a "bad mother****ing servant of god", and George Clooney has the last name Gecko. Can't miss.
2006-10-31, 1:21 AM #35
Plan 9! Plan 9!
2006-10-31, 3:36 AM #36
Children of the Living Dead <------- Soooo bad.. it's good!
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2006-10-31, 3:51 AM #37
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Manos: Hands of Fate

Oh goodness no. I know he asked for bad... but that movie was just painful. like... terribly painful. I sat through 40 minutes of it, it felt like 2 hours of hurt.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-10-31, 9:04 AM #38
Michael Jackson's Thriller, I like the song though.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-01, 12:24 AM #39
Thriller > you

↑ Up to the top!