Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh goody, another Hallowe'en...
Oh goody, another Hallowe'en...
2006-10-31, 11:05 AM #1
So, kiddies, what are you doing/dressing as on the eve of All Hallow's Day?

I get to write a paper in mandarin, write a speech on why PETA sucks, study for a global econ exam, and will probably throw eggs at stumbling drunktards tonight.

Oh, and I'm going as someone who gives a damn about the opinions of idiots around me. It could verywell be the most difficult role I've attempted yet...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-31, 11:07 AM #2
Im sick :gbk:
So i get to hand out the bloody candy and try to act like a zombie.
2006-10-31, 11:20 AM #3
Hallowe'en sucks. It's all people dressed like prats throwing eggs at houses who won't give them a sugar fix, punctuated by drunkards and transvestite flatmates.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-10-31, 11:21 AM #4
I'm going for a quick pint with some mates, then coming back home to read about metal.
2006-10-31, 11:35 AM #5
I dressed up like an old Merlin-like mage with a robe and hood and gray hair and beard. Looked quite cool but enough about me, what I really want to see is what awesome costumes and horror house designs Spiral came up with this year.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-10-31, 11:38 AM #6
I'm going as Adam Savage. It's like the least-effort-est costume ever. But I'll see about maybe getting some pics later.
Stuff
2006-10-31, 11:40 AM #7
Halloween is the stupidest thing ever
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-10-31, 11:46 AM #8
People who say Halloween is stupid are the stupidest ever. So THERE :v:
Stuff
2006-10-31, 12:16 PM #9
Snowman.

Wait, that's me every day.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-31, 12:37 PM #10
I have to work tonight.
2006-10-31, 12:48 PM #11
I am going to a costume party as "The Man With No Name" from the Sergio Leone spaghetti western films.

I am going to a fun party tonight. This is the best party all year. Halloween parties are the best because the chicks tend to dress... less modestly than other times of the year. I got the day off of work tomorrow, which is double good: I am going to stay up late messing around, and I don't really want to go to work at the old cemetery the day after Halloween. There is going to be all kinds of crap in there.
2006-10-31, 1:23 PM #12
I don't get it. Why do people put their candy bowls on the outside of the porch/steps/whatever?

Thats just asking for it to be stolen! It's what I planning on doing anyways tonight. :ninja:
2006-10-31, 1:28 PM #13
i went to a party Saturday. went as a press photographer from the 30's, and my g/f was a movie star. i'm glad no one noticed that my camera was actually from the 50s.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-31, 1:39 PM #14
My parole officer says I have to stay home with the doors locked and the porch light off.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2006-10-31, 1:42 PM #15
Because you're not legally allowed near anything under the age of 18?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-31, 1:49 PM #16
:ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-10-31, 1:56 PM #17
Well it's 10 o'clock and we never got any tiny demons at the door tonight. :/

Oh well, at least now I have SWEETS!
nope.
2006-10-31, 2:00 PM #18
I don't know what Im doing yet... but Im dressing up like a ninja regardless. >.>
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-10-31, 2:47 PM #19
I was the Tin Man from Oz all day at work...silver face, metal funnel and all. I'm done for the day.
woot!
2006-10-31, 4:24 PM #20
check the camhoes thread for my "costume"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-10-31, 4:29 PM #21
Going to a party in like half an hour.

Also, I want candy.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-10-31, 4:39 PM #22
I haven't done anything for Halloween in 5 years, and I live, as I've said, too far out of town to even considering stealing candy in town, and my parents are very unwilling ot take me in for something like this because it's "stupid".

And my school is rabidly against Halloween. But hey, if they were Catholic we'd be dancing, but it's made up of Protestants, and they think it's the most satanic thing ever, mostly because they don't believe in saints or Purgatory. So no all-saints day or all souls day, because we Catholics are heathens.

So no school dance for me even, so I'm just finishing up my homework. None of my friends'll be on MSN or anything, damn them living in town...
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-31, 5:12 PM #23
Seeing Saw III with my girlfriend and her sister and brother-in-law.
2006-10-31, 5:20 PM #24
I'm finishing my ****ING COLLEGE APPLICATION THAT'S DUE IN FOUR HOURS
一个大西瓜
2006-10-31, 5:31 PM #25
Sacrificing babies, cavorting with demonkind, y'know

And then after that I'll probably eat some candy
2006-10-31, 10:12 PM #26
I celebrated on Saturday. Dressed up as a referee, went to a party, came back when it was broken up by the police and conversed with drunken residents of my dorm. Interesting night.

Isn't it standard procedure that in college all holidays you don't get a day off for revert to the nearest weekend?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-10-31, 11:39 PM #27
Couldn't think of anything this year, so I went as a jedi. A friend (he's been a pirate every halloween of his life) and I handed out candy in the driveway while enjoying halloween themed movies and music on his lap top. Then we went to the movies to see Saw III.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-11-01, 5:37 AM #28
Originally posted by Steven:
I am going to a costume party as "The Man With No Name" from the Sergio Leone spaghetti western films.

I am going to a fun party tonight. This is the best party all year. Halloween parties are the best because the chicks tend to dress... less modestly than other times of the year. I got the day off of work tomorrow, which is double good: I am going to stay up late messing around, and I don't really want to go to work at the old cemetery the day after Halloween. There is going to be all kinds of crap in there.

Pictures. I still want pictures.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-11-01, 6:40 AM #29
I partied last saturday, was my bro's 21st, and I went as a Gothic Devil... didn't take much, just worn some horns. And then last night was my Uni's Halloween Do, so I went to that in a slightly different set of Goth clothes and got in about 3 this morning.... I love Halloween, there's so many parties :D

I shall post pics when I get them of the sober people with cameras.
One should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush
Vin Diesel shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy; he ate him alive instead.
My Site
2006-11-01, 6:55 AM #30
One friend was the Pope, with a pope hat, ring, robes, rosary, etc.
Another friend was a Jew, with a yamaka, a suit, and some stars of David.
I was a Muslim, with robes, a crescent moon, a beard, and an airsoft AK47 slung over my back.

We introduced ourselves as "conflicting world views" or "World Peace!"

Since we all went trick-or-treating we would sometimes do a song to the tune of "Oh Santa!" and when we hit this one guys house, he gave us all money for doing the song. It was awesome.

song:
"I'm a Muslim.... and I bow towards Mecca!"
"I'm the Pope! And I'm here to bless yah!"
*pause*
"And I'm a Jew-" *abrupt end*
2006-11-01, 8:05 AM #31
I did nothing special except wear a $2 Old Navy shirt with a pumpkin on it, but our student director for Charm dressed as a Loofah all day. Do you know how hard it is to take direction from a giant loofah?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-11-01, 10:10 AM #32
I had to work untill 10:30pm

But it was the first Halloween for a long time (probably since I was I little kid) that I had a moment that I felt genuinely afraid. A neighboring store got robbed. Oh yay for those shifts where you just might be the only person at the front of the store and people who suposedly need "rent money".

But I joked with customers and coworkers, holding a order divider(2 foot long 1X2 like stick made of dense plastic) like a baseball bat. "If you ever wondered what these sticks sitting here were really for :D ... but really in event of holdup just let them have the money and try to remember details. But in event of zombie attack these may prove to be handy."
2006-11-01, 10:14 AM #33
Originally posted by Axis:
I was a Muslim, with robes, a crescent moon, a beard, and an airsoft AK47 slung over my back.

Yeah, because all muslims carry AK-47s.

Also, you missed out on putting fake dynamite all over yourself.
2006-11-01, 12:13 PM #34
Rob, we were going to, but didn't have time.

↑ Up to the top!