Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → SciFi Investigates
SciFi Investigates
2006-11-01, 8:02 PM #1
SciFi Investigates for those that dont know is a collection of random "experts" sent out to "investigate" certain paranormal locations. Not in the sense of TAPS, those guys at least try to debunk it and are pretty respectable out it. But this SI crew is absolutely ridiculous.

Right now they're at a theater trying to find ghosts, and it's just retarded. "Oh, these polaroids are fuzzy, it must be ghosts! Nah, those second blurred faces aren't the subjects, it's John Denver!" Oh my god these people are dumb. The guy that documents these photos has a magic box that science can't understand that he supposedly built with a cost of five figures, but looks like it's under $100 (tin foil, PVC, some fans, etc) that makes the blurrinesss more common (attracting sprits, or some bull**** like that). Last week it was Mothman, this week it's ghosts in polaroids..

I swear, they and Friend14 get together, they could unprove existance as we know it!
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-01, 8:05 PM #2
Well, it is on the science fiction[/i] channel, after all. ;)
2006-11-01, 9:55 PM #3
Did they at least do the Mothman justice? It's one of the few documented 'paranormal' cases that has piqued my interest, and I'd hate for them to turn even such a half-baked investigation into a repeat of The Mothman Prophecies.
2006-11-02, 12:16 AM #4
Spring heeled Jack > Mothman

Even though I'm more than sure both are bull****.
2006-11-02, 12:25 AM #5
I've never heard of spring heeled Jack.

So some demonic looking guy who jumps high huh? interesting..
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-02, 5:03 PM #6
Originally posted by Deadman:
I've never heard of spring heeled Jack.

So some demonic looking guy who jumps high huh? interesting..

I remember him from some episode Jackie Chan Adventures way back then.
2006-11-02, 5:41 PM #7
Originally posted by Rob:
Spring heeled Jack > Mothman

Even though I'm more than sure both are bull****.

Yes. The 50+ Acrobatics boost is quite nice.
2006-11-02, 7:12 PM #8
things I don't like about the Sci fi channel:

Cutting MST3k
ECW
Not starting up Dead Like Me again despite popular fanbase
Not enough Tales of the Cryptkeeper
Not enough black and white hilarious scifi movies oldschool stylz
The evolution of TAPS's popularity causing the show to seem more scripted, or reality-tv-like

Hmmm...I know I'm missing stuff. All the other things the scifi channel has makes up for these though.
2006-11-02, 7:20 PM #9
Yeah, the adding of ECW is just absolutely ridiculous. I know it's fiction, but jebus.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-02, 7:55 PM #10
Originally posted by Anovis:
things I don't like about the Sci fi channel:

Cutting MST3k
ECW
Not starting up Dead Like Me again despite popular fanbase
Not enough Tales of the Cryptkeeper
Not enough black and white hilarious scifi movies oldschool stylz
The evolution of TAPS's popularity causing the show to seem more scripted, or reality-tv-like

Hmmm...I know I'm missing stuff. All the other things the scifi channel has makes up for these though.

and also not continuing Surface, despite large fanbase.

and the melonheads of kirtland would eat springheel jack and the mothman. as a light snack.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!