Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I just spent the last 5 hours...
So I just spent the last 5 hours...
2006-11-03, 1:21 AM #1
Writing a Causal Analsys for english composition... Yay college homework at 3 am :v:

I'm not too upset about the writing part, I like writing; it's more of the circumstances surrounding it. Let me explain:

For some odd reason, my manager decided to start scheduling me 40+ work hours a week(10 more than I said I'd be able to work). So I'm earning quite a shiny penny, but I also have 12 hours of classes a week. Since I can't work during the classes, I've been getting scheduled to work at nights on monday's, wednesday's, and friday's, (usually from 4pm until 1:30 am) and days on tuesday's and thursday's (from 11am to 8:30 pm). Needless to say, I've been stretched pretty damn thin, I've limited myself to only about 3 hours of sleep a night (plus some short naps between classes) and putting off some homework until the last possible minute. (yay bad habits). The point of this is I'm getting worried about my health with the little sleep and the late work nights, I've already hit a point where I'm so busy I don't eat except once every two days. I've already talked to my manager about the scheduling and he insists he'll cut back my hours, but when I looked at next weeks schedule, he only cut it by a few hours :( .

Anyway, since this is my first year of college, I was wondering if upper level college students here have some tips on dealing with situations like this?
2006-11-03, 1:25 AM #2
Yes. Don't work full time unless you absolutely have to. Or find a job where you get paid to sit on your *** so you can do homework and get paid at the same time.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-03, 1:30 AM #3
I'm supposed to be part time, my avaliability is set to 25 to 30 hours a week, but I've been getting scheduled for more lately.
2006-11-03, 3:50 AM #4
So, tell your boss "no". You agreed to work 25-30 hours, and he understood that when he hired you. Go to him nicely and tell him politely that you just can't work the kind of hours you want, and please schedule you less. If he's hostile about it, walk. Your grades are more important than the job.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-03, 6:32 AM #5
Originally posted by Isuwen:
So, tell your boss "no". You agreed to work 25-30 hours, and he understood that when he hired you. Go to him nicely and tell him politely that you just can't work the kind of hours you want, and please schedule you less. If he's hostile about it, walk. Your grades are more important than the job.

F'in SIGNED.

↑ Up to the top!